Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Other than Ashran being a complete failure, and the mass migration to alliance, I don't see how PvP is at an all time low now. Am I the only one that remembers burst and healing being far worse in previous seasons? Things really are not that or as bad.

I think Holinka is taking a lot of heat for having the charisma of a teaspoon. Blizzard should just strip away his community interaction privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Other than Ashran being a complete failure, and the mass migration to alliance, I don't see how PvP is at an all time low now. Am I the only one that remembers burst and healing being far worse in previous seasons? Things really are not that or as bad.
    Other than those two things you mention, plus ability pruning, it's not at an all time low, but even ignoring these things, the main issue is that PVP didn't get much better, much more interesting, and much bigger than it was 5-6 years ago. Further, the majority of the issues from those times still remain. Most will likely remain forever. You just know that the balance is pretty shit outside of 3v3, that the meta in 3v3 is pretty sad, that random BGs still have plenty of bots, that PVP during leveling is just a joke, etc, etc, etc, a long list of bad things which continue to be bad. This part of the game just doesn't become better, it's always like several small steps forward, several small steps back, remaining mainly in the same 'meh' spot. It just stopped being interesting for most.

The majority of people with high ratings, for example, are only participating in this mess for money. This was the case for years already. Just saying.
    Last edited by rda; 2015-06-18 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshie Fresh View Post
    I'm no where near an expert in balancing, nor am I even a high rated player, but I watch high rated players and I hear what they have to say. Class representation right now is the biggest issue from what I can tell. If you're heals you might as well roll resto druid because everything else doesn't perform as well, and if you're a warrior you should probably roll DK or ret pally because they are just simply better right now (just as some examples). There are a handful of class comps that work and everything else doesn't, or doesn't perform as well and cannot make it above higher ratings due to better comps.

WoW was better when the balance was based upon a "Paper, Rock, Scissors" format. The more they have made classes homogenized the more pvp has become unbalanced. Classes are no longer fun unless of course you're playing a FotM class, in which case you'll be bored within 2-3 weeks of playing it. Simply put, I don't know the solutions. I am hoping Blizzard is watching the streams of top rated players who DO know how to fix certain issues and are actively communicating them on their streams. I honestly just don't have a lot of confidence in Holinka. The changes he's made thus far have only furthered the issues we currently have with the game, and it simply seems like he doesn't know what he's doing. This has been further confirmed when I hear 2200 rated players stating the same thing. While I feel pvp has been in worst states, I don't think I've seen anything this bad since season 5 death knights.
    Nope, not a RET...wont get into any rated pvp content as a ret (unless your paying the Rbg leader or have rank 1 teammates for 2s/3s)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceDevilos View Post
    Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean it shouldn't be there... for example I dont enjoy living in the basement away from all of real life society praying to whatever god there is that a Night Elf would blow me.... but you certainly belong in a basement away from everyone with your illogical wishes...

Secondly...

PvP and class balance will never go together... there will always be a rock paper scissors type of getup boys such and such class will be better against such and such.... the problem comes in when one class > all *cough* Hunters *cough* and when one class out of an archetype severely outshines all others

Healer - Druid
    Ranged DPS - Hunter
    Melee DPS - ehhh.... pallies/dks?

Fix the fact that if you want to play the game enjoyably you dont have to roll a single class in a single spec to function in your chosen archetype... thats all.... and a little more CC removal plox... not every class needs CC
    again nope not RET...more like rogue or feral, even warriors fare better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    All healing needs to be toned down imo.

Hybrid healing especially, Hello Ferals and Rets.
    gimme a solid RET defensive and ill agree to a healing nerf

Happy but not satisfied. We can always do better. (holinka)
    None of you understand PR speech right ? What do you think is gonna happen when someone ask this kind of question ?

Well guys, to be honest PvP in our game sucks at the moment. But we're trying to improve.

This guy is paid to do damage control, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    You wanna PvP?..."go play HotS u silly fuckers! Spend 8 to 10 bucks a pop for the chars too if you don't like grinding your ass off in a boring MOBA, and gl with the shitty matchmaking system we set up! lol derps!!1"

THAT'S what Holinka/Blizz is actually saying, and if you didn't get the "nuance" then go back to school.

I remember seeing a YT vid a year or so ago in which Greg Street aka GC said WoW PvP will never be an e-sport, and he said it with a snicker and dismissive tone. Obv they had HotS in the pipe already, though that may not be their only reason. What does that tell you?

Anyone who thinks Holinka is incompetent, doesn't know what he's doing, etc. is naive or is making excuses. He's doing exactly what he's been told to do, but in his own particular fashion. He's made clear that he doesn't give a single rat's ass whether you like it or not. /1-finger salute

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The pvp crowd will never be happy anyway, since not all eleven classes can be op at the same time.

Pvp dying, good riddance.
    Actually I think the problem you face is everyone prefers a certain spec to play. In PvP often the spec is pre-decided for you. Such as MW for monk, Holy for pallies, frost for mages, affliction for warlocks (usually, very few play destro).

Some classes have several viable specs such as druids and soon rogues. Warrior recently saw the come back and viability with fury -- so they can go arms/fury.

You're not going to see a BrM FC and you're not going to see a WW. This upsets me greatly because I feel holed into one spec alone that isn't as exciting so I went to feral arena and MW for RBG's. I'd REALLY like to run WW for Arena and MW for RBG's but that doesn't seem to be a valid thing to which point I feel butt hurt -- I'll admit to such too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    None of you understand PR speech right ? What do you think is gonna happen when someone ask this kind of question ?

Well guys, to be honest PvP in our game sucks at the moment. But we're trying to improve.

This guy is paid to do damage control, nothing more.
    Agreed. Lore's attitude changed and I was upset with that. They are in damage control mode because of the amount of people leaving.