[Music] Nightwish can't catch a break

Someone leaked their full album. Poor band can't get a break from people leaking their stuff before release. I've listened to some songs already, it's not what I expected but it's decent. I was hoping for some more "opera" vocals since they got their new lead vocalist. I feel like Anette Olzon, their last vocalist would have been a better fit for this album. It's almost like they're not using Floor's vocal potential if that makes any sense.

Eh, we're only like 10 days from the official release anyway. I think that's what happened with Imaginaerum too. It got leaked, but it was really close to release.

I've only listened to the tracks from the single so far, but I've liked what I've heard. I'm a fan of Nightwish with both Anette Olzon and Tarja Turunen, and Floor Jansen kinda sounds like a healthy balance between both those styles. Which is good, because she'll be able to handle most of Nightwish's content live.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Eh, we're only like 10 days from the official release anyway. I think that's what happened with Imaginaerum too. It got leaked, but it was really close to release.

I've only listened to the tracks from the single so far, but I've liked what I've heard. I'm a fan of Nightwish with both Anette Olzon and Tarja Turunen, and Floor Jansen kinda sounds like a healthy balance between both those styles. Which is good, because she'll be able to handle most of Nightwish's content live.
    Yeah, Floor is much better live than Anette by miles. Even on some songs, I feel like Floor is better than Tarja live. But overall my favorite would have to be Tarja hands down. Still, was expecting more of a Tarja style album..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightwish... such an epic band. The Once album still gets a regular listen in my WMP.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be a marketing ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    It could be a marketing ploy.
    I was halfway thinking this too. Intentionally leak a bit, make a scene on Facebook over it, get a few news sites to link it, get some discussion going about it, and bam. Free publicity. Not a bad idea as long as it doesn't backfire into "THEY'RE BEING DICKS OVER A LEAKED SONG" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    Yeah, Floor is much better live than Anette by miles. Even on some songs, I feel like Floor is better than Tarja live. But overall my favorite would have to be Tarja hands down. Still, was expecting more of a Tarja style album..
    Yeah, I loved both singers, but I don't think Anette was that great live, especially with the songs from before she joined. I think it bothered me less because I rarely get to see live shows anyway. I do think she sounded great on the studio albums though. The thing about Tarja Turunen is that she sounds better live than a lot of singers sound in the studio. It's really difficult for anyone to come close to her live performances.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-03-18 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry but for me the band died when Tarja Turunen left/quit/was fired/watever..... its like Maiden without Bruce Dickinson.
    And from what I heard Im glad it did cause no singer after her was as powerfull on Stage as she is.

I really liked Lagoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry but for me the band died when Tarja Turunen left/quit/was fired/watever..... its like Maiden without Bruce Dickinson.
    And from what I heard Im glad it did cause no singer after her was as powerfull on Stage as she is.
    To each his own, but I disagree there. I think Tarja Turunen is one of the best singers in the world (and Century Child+Once are actually tied for my favorite Nightwish album), but I don't think she made the entire band. For me to consider the band dead, Marco and/or Tuomas would've had to go with her.

I really liked Anette, although I will admit that I had to get over a bit of the "...who the fuck is that?" shock when I heard the first track on Dark Passion Play (I just bought the album and hadn't been keeping up with news so I didn't know about that transition). Although she did seem to cause a lot of drama with the way she left. The way I heard it, it was something about how she got really sick and couldn't perform in some of the live shows during a US tour, so they temporarily replaced her with singers from other bands, and she got pissed about being replaced. She wanted to just flat-out cancel the shows.

But yeah, I do accept that NW has a somewhat divided fanbase because the vocals sounded so much different after the transition. It definitely wasn't the same sound. Tuomas himself even said that they changed their style during the transition because Tarja was so good at what she did that it wouldn't feel right to replace her with someone of the same style.

That's why I like Floor so much - her vocal range seems to cover both Anette and Tarja, so she'll sound good performing songs from both of the band's time periods.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-03-18 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    cause no singer after her was as powerfull on Stage as she is.
    Floor most certainly is.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some in this thread who think that people other than the artists themselves leak their albums 2-3 weeks before release.