Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What to do after you have broken someones heart?

So as I'm sitting here and feel all bad over a decision that I made yesterday where I broke up with my fiancé where you see a face filled with joy to turn into tears just in front of you.

The decision wasn't easy and It's not for the joy why I'm doing this. Heck. How can people recover from such a thing?
    Have lived together for over 5 years now and been together for 7 years. All memories and everything just gone in a whim like that.

She was of course full of questions and where this decision came from. She was sure about I wouldn't cheat on her. Telling her that the feelings for her just ain't there any longer and that there's no spark.

From being filled with joy and laugh together where we've done so much in the world as traveled the world. Seen musicals. Talking about kids n' bigger house where to move next and so on.

It's freaking hard being the one to tell your beloved one how you suddenly feel so I ask you...

How can you keep on walking after such a thing?

The end of the relationship is like the other person dying in a lot of ways.

Sounds like you went quickly which is good. Now she'll need a couple of months to mourn your loss.

Happens all the time, nothing to worry about. She'll get over you and find another.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I just got over the love of my life last week. She broke up with me 18 years ago. A broken heart never really mends.

Deleted
    Were you spending too much time on the internet and playing video games?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    What to do after you have broken someones heart?
    put it into a nice pasty casing with some vegetables, bake in the oven at 200°c until cooked, then serve it to them with a nice plate of chips.

Seriously though, you move on. if you decided to break up the relationship for what ever reason, so obviously your feelings for her were not that strong. if they were you would have talked things over and resolved whatever was bugging you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You make it sound, like, you just woke up one morning and didn't love her anymore. That doesn't really happen, so I can understand the reaction your s.o. gave you. Usually, a realtionship sours gradually or an event happens that ruins it all at once.
    Well I have been thinking this through a half year now and just can't see any way to fix it and as we started to do more and more on our own with different interests it becomes hard to work with together with loads of small things the other gets frustrated over so haven't had a single day for a a very long time where just did enjoy the day together but just sitting there and update some stuff.

For an example I did start play wow again after 2 years break if not longer. Something I had no idea about that I'd start with again and this after a long time of being out of things to do with her.

Duties like taking out the trash. Doing the cleaning and so on is getting delayed because neither of us got the energy for it as we simply just bother to do it any longer.

The list can go on for a while but this summs it a good part of it all.

So, you started playing wow, stopped doing chores, and YOU were the one to break it off with HER?

She got fat, didn't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    From experience, you get sad, turn into a hermit for a few months, consider cutting yourself, don't, reconsider, still don't, do something productive, and then get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    So, you started playing wow, stopped doing chores, and YOU were the one to break it off with HER?

She got fat, didn't she?
    We both did. We both got into bad habits. Not me only. She's slim and everything. Got really nice shape and everything a man can wish for. Don't go ahead of yourself.

Sick of corn flakes every day?

- - - Updated - - -

Got slapped by that 7 year itch.
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    From experience, you get sad, turn into a hermit for a few months, consider cutting yourself, don't, reconsider, still don't, do something productive, and then get over it.
    Don't you tell me what I can do!

Play world of warcraft.

OP, I was in the same sitatution as you. My fiance and I were planning wedding stuff, was "in love" and could never be happier. As time went on I grew apart from her. I started noticing things that I wasn't happy with. I would discuss things with her with hope that things would get better. I never let on that things were getting worse until one day I woke up and knew what had to be done. So I sat her down and told her that this would be my last night together.

So here is my advice. Cut ties! Don't check in with her, don't txt/call her and don't accidentally run in to her. You don't want to give her hope of getting back together only to crush her again. It sounds harsh and sounds rude but in my opinion it is the best for both of you. If it helps block her from your twitter/facebook as well. This will make her unable to check in on you and see what your doing. If you plan on dating right away make sure there are no ties back to her as well (not right away at least). It sucks seeing her in pain, even if you don't love her anymore I am sure you still care a lot for her still, but it's best for you to move on and let her do the same. She will most likely try to make contact but I can't stress this enough ignore her, or at least respond with something "I think this is a mistake to be talking at least right now".

Now these are only my two cents and how I handled my situation. I am 2 years removed from it and haven't spoken a word to her since. She has checked in and thanked me that I allowed her to move on with out stringing her along. She is doing well and I am as well.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hit up bars and make sure to have sex with as many partners as possible.

Take pictures of yourself having a great time and post them on social media.

Deleted

Addendum.

Make sure to tag her "Accidentally" in them.

Establish post-breakup dominance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I've never had the displeasure of doing that before.

Deleted
    you rip it out of her chest and hand it to her

Damn, ya'll crazy. I think you'll find later that it wasn't really about them but about not being satisfied with your own life. Changing partners isn't actually going to fix that. I think people expect a relationship to be a lot more significant in defining your life than it actually is. On the other hand, if you're that unhappy in your own life, maybe you're doing them a favor if you get it together and are happy with yourself (i.e. take out the trash you slacker) before you're sharing it with someone else.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because your spark isn't there any longer doesn't mean you don't love them or care for them. About 2 years ago i found out my girlfriend had cheated on me, we at the time where dating for 10 years and she was my high school sweetheart and all. For along time i really wasn't ok with it. When you care for someone so much but it doesn't work, That's painful in itself.Even after that whole ordeal i decided maybe to look at other people for comfort. Here's a little advice if you talk a new girl don't have pity sex unless you legit care for them. It doesn't make anything go away, It might even make yourself worse.

Just stay single for now take time to yourself and do you. Time heals all wounds even self inflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    From being filled with joy and laugh together where we've done so much in the world as traveled the world. Seen musicals. Talking about kids n' bigger house where to move next and so on.
    I know that feeling all to well. Do something that makes you happy and try to keep your mind away from any thoughts of her. Hopefully all goes well with you

Dammit Bigzoman! You misread the situation there on good terms. Otherwise Hate sex = best sex

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Don't you tell me what I can do!

Last edited by Sickjen; 2015-03-17 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Realize that love is just a chemical reaction in your brain and replace it with a different chemical reaction. Buy a bottle of nice scotch and hang out with some friends and fuck around. No bitch is worth losing sleep over. Or even feeling bad about really.