Thread: New to FF XIV

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Behemoth is a locked server (at least when my friend checked a few days ago) and we are constantly spammed with "Existence is reasonable, lets make things better", "nobody is perfect, let's make things better", "Hello my friend, good christmas to you",....
    Well Balmung must be a special snowflake. So I'll fix my statement to:

"the number one thing about balmung is there is virtually no gold spam."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazabius View Post
    And you're still a fool giving people bad advice. We can beat this horse all day.

Ok hunt log is valid xp. I always forget about it...
    Yeah I got my pally almost 3/4 of 49 by doing his 40-50 hunt log I did a DD run to get 50.

And you're still a fool giving people bad advice. We can beat this horse all day.

Ok hunt log is valid xp. I always forget about it...
    No your advice is bad. We can beat this horse all day. If you can't prove what you say or accept different opinions, specially without calling other people idiot (I saw your post before your ninja edit) then don't bother posting.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Yeah I got my pally almost 3/4 of 49 by doing his 40-50 hunt log I did a DD run to get 50.
    I saved most of my hunt logs for the 43-45 levels so I could skip dungeons/FATEs and just spam levequests in Mor Dhona.
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2015-03-18 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post

"the number one thing about balmung is there is virtually no gold spam."
    I wish it was like that on Goblin those bastards spam the shit out of me daily. After 2/3 in a ten minute period /busy will clear that up.

If you like the quests you'll love FATES... because that's how you level after you burn all the quests on your first 50.

Also, RMTs (as some have pointed out) are the fucking PLAGUE... on gilgamesh I get like 10 an hour, and that's on a good day.
    Huh, I don't get THAT many on Gilgamesh. O_o

I feel bad for people in that 49-50 last stretch not having the Lightning FATES anymore. Those things were a LOT of xp :3
    Last edited by Faroth; 2015-03-18 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    gil spam is a problem on pretty much every realm

i just don't use my tells window anymore

No your advice is bead. We can beat this horse all day. If you can't prove what you say or accept different opinions, specially without calling other people idiot (I saw your post before your ninja edit) then don't bother posting.

I saved most of my hunt logs for the 43-45 levels so I could skip dungeons/FATEs and just spam levequests in Mor Dhona.
    My mom said to ignore people that try and incite my rage so I'm just ignoring you. I gave valid points. You just chose to ignore them and blabber on and on... wasn't a ninja edit I was in the middle of a dungeon which was more important to me than interweb retard arguments with you tyvm (I was trying to tone it down but fine... you're an idiot). Also you know you're under someone's skin when they refresh a thread every 2 seconds because that's how long that was up there lol.
    Last edited by Sazabius; 2015-03-18 at 05:47 PM.

Funy, just last night I reactivated my account. I am so lost, new computer since last time I played so all my macros and gear setups are gone so have to relearn a lot. Also trying the ninja, wow can take some tips on how to make a rogue flashy from these guys. I'm currently dreading the 20+ since I dought too many people are doing fates now a days. Will still be doing wow raid nights and old content farming, but if this game's end game is as I remember it as challenging but pug-able, I'll be sticking around for a while.

The reason I quit the first time is still around tho... Summoners summons still look like crap so I plan to pretend that class doesn't exist. Damn Iji's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

My mom said to ignore people that try and incite my rage so I'm just ignoring you.
    I never tried that, all I said that there are more ways to level up other than FATEs and then you started to throw insults at me.

I gave valid points.
    So did I.

You just chose to ignore them and blabber on and on...
    What exactly did I ignore?

wasn't a ninja edit I was in the middle of a dungeon which was more important to me than interweb retard arguments with you tyvm (I was trying to tone it down but fine... you're an idiot).
    So is that why that the only thing that was changed in your first edit was the word "idiot" to "fool"?

Also you know you're under someone's skin when they refresh a thread every 2 seconds because that's how long that was up there lol.
    In case you are curious I'm formatting 2 computers right now (in fact I'm using a Linux computer to post this) so I don't have much to do other than F5 all pages in my browser. But yeah you also know that you are under someone's skin when they don't know how to counter your argument so they start to insult you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post

The reason I quit the first time is still around tho... Summoners summons still look like crap so I plan to pretend that class doesn't exist. Damn Iji's.
    Arcanist is great to level I agree the summoner summons look horrible but Scholar is the other job from leveling arcanist and the fairies look fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Arcanist is great to level I agree the summoner summons look horrible but Scholar is the other job from leveling arcanist and the fairies look fine.
    Already have an 88ilvl white Mage (that was a big deal last I played, not so much anymore). I did get scholar to 42 but it was a weak WM. It would still bug me to have summoner lvl 50 with Iji's. Rogue lvl 12 and already more fun then monk so I'm sticking to it for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    posting for more roegadyn master race

Already have an 88ilvl white Mage (that was a big deal last I played, not so much anymore). I did get scholar to 42 but it was a weak WM. It would still bug me to have summoner lvl 50 with Iji's. Rogue lvl 12 and already more fun then monk so I'm sticking to it for now.
    It gets much better at level 30, 35 and 45

In case you are curious I'm formatting 2 computers right now (in fact I'm using a Linux computer to post this) so I don't have much to do other than F5 all pages in my browser. But yeah you also know that you are under someone's skin when they don't know how to counter your argument so they start to insult you
    Or it could be I felt the posts had become useless and pointless as far as the information contained by either party, so I stopped posting and got on with my life since no matter what I say you're going to attempt to pick it apart because you have nothing better to do and like derailing threads. One does not try and stop the soup nazi from being the soup nazi... I, being the better person, got on with my life and did something else. You might want to try it sometime. Judging from how your posts became nothing more than attempts to insult me I'd say, yes, I very much got under your skin and I wasn't even trying... victory.

To the OP and anyone else that felt their life and/or time was wasted I apologize. I was genuinely trying to provide advice and as usual some basement dwelling, fatso hipster, neckbeard, fedora wearing, always right wouldn't allow it... it's a side-effect that happens to their species when they sit in front of a monitor all day trying to get a tan. I'll check back in a few hours to see if new insults have been posted...

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    posting for more roegadyn master race
    Yeah, I went on and rolled my first character as one. Now if I could only pronounce "roegadyn" properly as well, then it would be even better hehe

Super game so far btw, really pleased I bought it.

Or it could be I felt the posts had become useless and pointless as far as the information contained by either party, so I stopped posting and got on with my life since no matter what I say you're going to attempt to pick it apart because you have nothing better to do and like derailing threads. One does not try and stop the soup nazi from being the soup nazi... I, being the better person, got on with my life and did something else. You might want to try it sometime. Judging from how your posts became nothing more than attempts to insult me I'd say, yes, I very much got under your skin and I wasn't even trying... victory.

To the OP and anyone else that felt their life and/or time was wasted I apologize. I was genuinely trying to provide advice and as usual some basement dwelling, fatso hipster, neckbeard, fedora wearing, always right wouldn't allow it... it's a side-effect that happens to their species when they sit in front of a monitor all day trying to get a tan. I'll check back in a few hours to see if new insults have been posted...
    First of all it was not useless information for a new player. You said that to level up your other classes you can do FATEs to which I say that it's not true at all and I add that you can do levequests and do FATEs while you sit in the queue for dungeons.

Then you say this to me:

Not true at all? That's pretty funny... I'm actually laughing I'm not even going to LOL.
    And you say that you don't do levequests for DoW and DoM and that you only use them to level up your crafters and that you only use them if you have 99 or something and you call this a pointless discussion as if your opinion is the absolute truth.

After that I say how I leveled all my classes to which you say that you won't have enough allowances and I tell you that if you are a new player then just focus on your main story quest and do side quests and I say that your argument is pointless too.

And then you start calling me an idiot (which was edited to fool) and here we are.

If you had calmed down, not done

Not true at all? That's pretty funny... I'm actually laughing I'm not even going to LOL.
    I'm sure we could have had a much better conversation. A constructive conversation.

Ps: Where did I insult you?

And I'm done with this subject, at least with you, not worth my sanity points. If somebody else wants to discuss a better way to level up feel free to post here.
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2015-03-18 at 11:34 PM.

And I'm done with this subject, at least with you, not worth my sanity points. If somebody else wants to discuss a better way to level up feel free to post here.
    At least we agree on something...

"Nobody is perfect, let's make things better."

My advice: Have friends to play with. The game is brutal solo. It's why i don't play it anymore after hitting 30.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    My advice: Have friends to play with. The game is brutal solo. It's why i don't play it anymore after hitting 30.
    I think this depends on the class. Granted, my only experience 30+ is with a Scholar (also did the Summoner quests, but rarely played as Summoner), and a healer with 2 pocket healers (Eos and Chocobo) does tend to make things a little easier. That said, I'm currently drudging through the Thaumaturge (I'm not a fan) so I can learn Swiftcast, and I can see it having some issues higher up. Everything else I have is ~L10, so I can't really comment on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I think this depends on the class. Granted, my only experience 30+ is with a Scholar (also did the Summoner quests, but rarely played as Summoner), and a healer with 2 pocket healers (Eos and Chocobo) does tend to make things a little easier. That said, I'm currently drudging through the Thaumaturge (I'm not a fan) so I can learn Swiftcast, and I can see it having some issues higher up. Everything else I have is ~L10, so I can't really comment on them.
    Yeah I'm doing the same right now my Thaum is 25 so I should hit 26 for swiftcast tomorrow with the low level roulette. SCH is a breeze for soling things it's near impossible to kill you. I mean for Zodiac books I pull 4-5 mobs at a time dot them up and watch em die.

- - - Updated - - -

SCH is different type of healer than WHM and is just as strong if played right. I have both WHM and SCH @ilvl114 and SCH is pretty op in general. SCH is more like a Disc priest it shields while the fairy does the majority of healing while having the ability to put some decent DPS out as well. Right now I have a 50 SCH WHM WAR PLD SMN and NIN. I play the WAR and SCH the most