Firefox 36 crashing

My firefox (with Win 7) auto-updated to 36 and keeps crashing every 2 min to 3 hrs. I uninstalled 36, deleted the folder, installed 35 and it still crashes even when idle. I have all plugins, themes and extensions updated but disabled and hardware acceleration off as google suggested. Can anyone help?

do you have flash? I had a issue with the the recent flash update causing crashing had to do a fresh instal of flash to fix it. might help might not.

Telling us what you are doing when it is crashing might help
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    do you have flash? I had a issue with the the recent flash update causing crashing had to do a fresh instal of flash to fix it. might help might not.
    I updated it.

Edit: reinstalled flash, no change.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Telling us what you are doing when it is crashing might help
    Sometimes youtube, sometimes chess, googling, reading/posting here. Sometimes I'm afk and find the restart/quit option upon returning. Did a virus/malware scan (nothing). ff34/35 with clean installs still crash, no other apps are problematic.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-03-18 at 12:44 AM.

Have you checked again to see if they added a newer version of Flash?

Currently I'm using Firefox 36.0.1 and Flash 17.0.0.134.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Have you checked again to see if they added a newer version of Flash?

Currently I'm using Firefox 36.0.1 and Flash 17.0.0.134.
    Me too. updated today.

I had a issue with the the recent flash update causing crashing had to do a fresh instal of flash to fix it.
    Last edited by ojahunzhe; 2015-03-18 at 07:07 AM.

Lord, why is Firefox at 36?
    Are they padding 3.6 or what?
    I dun get their numbers

No crashes so far, since yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Lord, why is Firefox at 36?
    Are they padding 3.6 or what?
    I dun get their numbers
    I think their version numbering changed sometime ago and now they release a new version every 1-2 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flash is getting worse. What's with the big 5 second freeze when switching to full screen in flash? Never used to do that.

I think I fixed it by updating my video card driver. Thanks everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    ya im having this issue as well, it seems to not matter what website or whatever, but firefox will stop responding then resume after like a minute or 2 or sometimes stop completely and forcing me to close it through task manager.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    An additional step if you have a headset, is to plug it out, wait a few seconds and plug it back in. Sometimes the connection between the audio drivers and anything that uses it gets corrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Currently, I am my boss. And despite my complaints to HR, I simply will not stop sexually harassing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    ya im having this issue as well, it seems to not matter what website or whatever, but firefox will stop responding then resume after like a minute or 2 or sometimes stop completely and forcing me to close it through task manager.
    Mine went beyond freezing, it shut down and gave an option to restart.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

sorry double post