Computer Newbie needing upgrade help

My cousin gave me his old rig about a year ago and I'm wanting to upgrade some things in order to get some better FPS in the games I play, mostly in CSGO. I am usually forced to not be able to play on 1920 because of the low FPS. I'm looking to spend around $200. I can add whatever else is needed.
    I have a Nvidia GeForce 9800gt and a AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, 3200 Mhz and PSU is 600w

So what I am looking for is the best graphics card to get that will increase my FPS and wont bottleneck anything. Any help is appreciated, Thanks
    Last edited by Swendo; 2015-03-17 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swendo View Post
    My cousin gave me his old rig about a year ago and I'm wanting to upgrade some things in order to get some better FPS in the games I play, mostly in CSGO. I am usually forced to not be able to play on 1920 because of the low FPS. I'm looking to spend around $200. I can add whatever else is needed.
    I have a Nvidia GeForce 9800gt and a AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, 3200 Mhz and PSU is 600w

So what I am looking for is the best graphics card to get that will increase my FPS and wont bottleneck anything. Any help is appreciated, Thanks
    Get a GTX 960. For CSGO and other single player games you should be fine. That CPU will limit you if you decide to play WoW or some other MMO though. It's not bad per se(I used the 965 until recently) but it's performance in single threaded applications like WoW/MMOs leaves something to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Get a GTX 960. For CSGO and other single player games you should be fine. That CPU will limit you if you decide to play WoW or some other MMO though. It's not bad per se(I used the 965 until recently) but it's performance in single threaded applications like WoW/MMOs leaves something to be desired.
    Cool thanks for the help, how many FPS do you think I would be able to get with that? It can be on all low 1920 even as long as it would be playable