Thread: On balcony duty

On balcony duty

And I fucking hate it.

So I play Sub for this fight, yet in P2 I'm on balcony duty because whatever. Should I stick with Sub or go Combat? Because Sub quite frankly sucks for this. I mean should I save Shadow Dance for balcony? Should I rupture as many as I can then get off? I mean I feel pathetic taking hours to kill one guy, when a Ret and Warrior just plow through them like they're boars in Durotar.

Help me, please.

Deleted
    Convince your raid to send someone else up. I personally wouldn't send a rogue up. Then again, I haven't yet done BH on any difficulty.

what's your raid comp?

I would play Assa, if you go on the balcony. Just run around and rupture everything then jump down. If you insist on playing sub, uhm. Tell someone else to go up, if they are convinced that you should and you can't play Assa then you wanna FoK if there is a lot together, use those CPs for rupture on many of them, put some hemo on them aswell. Run to those who stand individually and just nuke them down with normal rotation, backstab, rupture, eviscerate etc. Remember to take the Hemo glyph for this, so you can easily get SV on the adds.

If you're the go to balcony guy, go combat and save yourself the indecisive headache.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Deleted
    Rogues suck on the balcony, balance druids destroy it and pretty much any other class is better than rogues up there (we lack on demand burst without cds), there is absolutely no reason your raid should be sending you up there.

Incidentally, sub rogue is one of the best classes on SIEGEMAKER (shadowstep, sprint, perfect cooldown lineup, ability to clear Slagged! from stray bomb), so if anything convince them to swap you with a range who is not kiting. Otherwise, yeah I would actually go Ass with MfD here, or just soak the hit and jump down immediately after noodling one guard.
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-03-18 at 12:28 PM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Convince your raid to send someone else up. I personally wouldn't send a rogue up.
    This.

I play Combat and i only go up if someones dies whose on Balcony duty. Rogues are not good at all at Balcony.. your raid leader needs to learn his classes better.

FYI i find the best classes to throw up there are Rets, DK or Warrior.

Your raid leader is retarded to send a rogue up there.Balance druids and DK's own the place Rogues(specially sub) suck pretty bad on the balcony.

Personal experience is that in general not enough up there for combat. Blade flurry isn't as strong with just 2 mobs which the highest density you'll usually find is 2 sometimes 3 but more than likely they'll be solo which highly devalues combat and makes combats lower ST damage for p1/3 even more of a hamper to the raid. For both sub and assassination multi dotting is a thing and if lucky with sub getting 3 together you can get ruptures up on all of them fast. The problem with both of those specs though is rupture is a long dot and takes a lot of resources to get up there. Adds don't have that much health and generally if you send up a few people the adds die too quickly and end up highly devaluing rupture.

Imo rogues just suck on the balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Incidentally, sub rogue is one of the best classes on SIEGEMAKER (shadowstep, sprint, perfect cooldown lineup, ability to clear Slagged! from stray bomb), so if anything convince them to swap you with a range who is not kiting. Otherwise, yeah I would actually go Ass with MfD here, or just soak the hit and jump down immediately after noodling one guard.
    For the love of god please no one listen to this guy. It's absolutely retarded to put rogue on siegemaker. That's what the ranged are for.

my guild doesn't have much melee so i have to do balcony. rogues aren't that bad on the balcony. feint+elusiveness+recovery glyph can make u survive forever if your guild is still progressing thru the fight. still pulled 35k on that fight yesterday, despite going on the balcony

skip the first balcony cuz there's not that many mobs up there. you're staying on blackhand because your major cooldowns are just coming back up and it's a waste up there.
    2nd smash: scope out the balcony before you go up, try to launch yourself in a corner with 2-3 mobs. fok + evis + kick, handle your side then bounce.
    3rd smash: lots of mobs + new wave spawning + smoke bomb to prevent stacks, do it like this: https://youtu.be/a9aoHHaJf34?t=5m37s
    4th smash: take slam, then just hop down and push the boss to p3, save your major CDs as they will be up like 10-20sec before p3
    Last edited by zyZ; 2015-03-18 at 05:28 PM.

One of the big reasons Sub rogues suck on the balcony is that our damage comes from having Rupture and FW rolling. When FW isn't up and if Rupture isn't ticking, our damage is piss poor. You're going to be backstabbing for horrible damage. Because the adds die fairly quickly, it's not even worth applying Rupture and using SD. Any heavy hitting CDs is just going to be a huge waste.