Poll: What is the deck that you dislike playing against the most?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Zoo and brainless face decks. They're so much more draw reliant than any other decks. If you don't draw your board clears early enough, you're completely fucked, while against other decks it's usually still salvageable.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's HS, not much complication to it. If we are truly going by complex, I'd give that vote to Priest. That class tends to surprise me when it comes to some combos.

I've seen many control warrior streams, and the plays are rather easy to predict in most cases.
    Well yeah, people like you and I are experienced at the game. We know what should and should not be done instinctively.

A new player given all the cards and told to make a Control Warrior deck won't. Ergo, you can pay, but you won't necessarily win.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Zoo and brainless face decks. They're so much more draw reliant than any other decks. If you don't draw your board clears early enough, you're completely fucked, while against other decks it's usually still salvageable.
    The game is designed around minion combat. That's why 80% of the cards available to any class are minions. You won't be able to enjoy a game free of zoo/brainless face decks until Blizzard removes their collective heads from their asses and starts to develop a much better game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal
    Any deck that bumrushes face damage, ignoring trades whenever possible. Hunters are the main offender for this style of zerg.

Wins or losses aren't the issue - these matches are just straight-up not fun to play.
    Minion health doesn't reset every turn, trades are automatically terrible except in situations where you will lose if you don't trade. Also, welcome to Heartstone. The card game that wants to be MTG so badly it skirts around blatant copying just well enough to avoid lawsuits.

Either Control Warrior or mirror matching against a Face Hunter.

Guess what I'm playing *troll face*

I hate mirror matches, especially control warrior vs control warrior and priest vs priest. These matches take forever to be over, and its all about who has the better draws. I hate handlocks aswell, if you have a slow start you might aswell concede. Its almost impossible to pick up in the late game. Face hunters can be annoying, but atleast these matches are quick and can be countered, unless you have a slow start.

I don't really see why mech mage has so many votes, if they don't get a good start its pretty easy to beat them. And I haven't even seen much in a while.

Handlock is the most disgusting thing this game has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    The game is designed around minion combat. That's why 80% of the cards available to any class are minions. You won't be able to enjoy a game free of zoo/brainless face decks until Blizzard removes their collective heads from their asses and starts to develop a much better game.

Minion health doesn't reset every turn, trades are automatically terrible except in situations where you will lose if you don't trade. Also, welcome to Heartstone. The card game that wants to be MTG so badly it skirts around blatant copying just well enough to avoid lawsuits.
    I don't mind minion combat(as in minions actually interacting with eachother on the board). I have a problem with decks that either just drop a million small, sticky minions that you can't do much about(zoo) and can continue doing so because the warlock heropower is overpowered(at least for zoo) and decks that just go for face all day and ignore the board(face decks).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Death to any and all facehunter players.
    Still waiting for a card that either gives your face retaliation (I.E it hits back when attacked) or a way to disable hero powers, both would do wonders against the disgrace that is face hunter.

All faceroll decks. My grandma could play them. Sad they are so succesful.

And to all who hate against Handlock and Control Warriors. I guess they are mostly played so often because ppl dont want to lose all the time with all the other decks against faceroll.
    Last edited by PPN; 2015-03-19 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am mostly playing a face hunter nowadays ( stop hitting me !) and it is either mirror or oil rogue. nerf blade flurry pls thx.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    face hunter. just hunters in general.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Im just happy Zoo is dead. The inclusion of the Dark Iron Skulker to my favorite rogue class should be a thorn in any rush class too.

Quote Originally Posted by HearthRhythm View Post
    Im just happy Zoo is dead. The inclusion of the Dark Iron Skulker to my favorite rogue class should be a thorn in any rush class too.
    I'm still playing Zoo over my control warrior or handlock or mech mage...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Lots of hatred for hunters. I have a hunter deck myself, but it's not face or midrange, it's a kind of control hunter deck I play when I feel like trying new things and don't really care about winning or losing. Sometimes it's pretty cool because people think I am a normal hunter and start wasting big removal on smaller minions and then when I place Ragnaros or Sneed's Old Shredder they can't really do anything about them. When I get good early draws it works pretty well, but when I don't have a good starting hand things can go haywire very quickly. Still, it's a fun deck nonetheless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Well yeah, people like you and I are experienced at the game. We know what should and should not be done instinctively.

A new player given all the cards and told to make a Control Warrior deck won't. Ergo, you can pay, but you won't necessarily win.
    you have way too high opinion of yourself and of control warrior. it's not hard at all, it's pay to win at its finest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    you have way too high opinion of yourself and of control warrior. it's not hard at all, it's pay to win at its finest.
    The high opinion of myself is matched only by the low opinion I have of people who toss out "pay 2 win" then call it a day instead of making a meaningful point.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a priest player, I hate Shaman above all.

Mostly since I know its going to be a long drawn out game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    As a priest player, I hate Shaman above all.

Mostly since I know its going to be a long drawn out game.
    I lost turn 4 to a Shaman as Priest, because i couldnt kill his Whirling Zap-o-matic. Power-mace + 2x Rockbiter he apparently decided to keep.

My vote is on any kind of fatigue deck. Its both a boring match and also i dont get who likes playing like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alekon View Post
    I lost turn 4 to a Shaman as Priest, because i couldnt kill his Whirling Zap-o-matic. Power-mace + 2x Rockbiter he apparently decided to keep.

My vote is on any kind of fatigue deck. Its both a boring match and also i dont get who likes playing like that.
    That's a Shaman dream draw. For every game I get like that I have two dozen with no Whirly for half the game =(

- - - Updated - - -

After a friendly match with a mate, my new most hated matchup is Ctrl War vs Ctrl War.

25 minute game that was 90% mindgames. It was a case of "whoever plays first loses" as we both knew the counterplay would secure a better position. So turns 3-7 were basically just "think for a minute, then Hero Power" on both sides until we got a safe play like Belchers. The game ended with us both knowing we each had two Exes and one Shield Slam apiece... so it ended up being "who can gradually push the other person down into Grom+Taskmaster+weaponswing range first".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    That's a Shaman dream draw. For every game I get like that I have two dozen with no Whirly for half the game =(

- - - Updated - - -

After a friendly match with a mate, my new most hated matchup is Ctrl War vs Ctrl War.

25 minute game that was 90% mindgames. It was a case of "whoever plays first loses" as we both knew the counterplay would secure a better position. So turns 3-7 were basically just "think for a minute, then Hero Power" on both sides until we got a safe play like Belchers. The game ended with us both knowing we each had two Exes and one Shield Slam apiece... so it ended up being "who can gradually push the other person down into Grom+Taskmaster+weaponswing range first".
    I found, from personal experience, that adding a Deathwing to the deck greatly improves the match-up against any type of Control Deck, especially priest (if they are not greedy and don't have 2 MC) and Control Warrior (plan is to make the warrior waste EVERY removal before playing Deathwing as the final blow). He's also pretty good against Shamans and, if you can draw the removal and Peacekeepers, Paladin.

The downside is that Deathwing does nothing against face decks (he's either too slow or there is no perfect time to play him) and playing Deathwing requires you to think a few steps ahead and forcing your opponent to play how you want him to play, which sometimes can be tricky. He also does nothing for you when you are winning the match.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-03-20 at 02:18 PM.