Deleted

Regarding Elite PvP Gear

Hello all!
    On demand from a guildie I'm posting this here aswell; just to share thoughts with you regarding the cosmetic PvP elite gear.

Here's the thread I originally made at the PvP forums over at the wow eu forums:
    I would just like to raise the question about this, I've talked to a lot of people and even though it's 'only' regarding cosmetics it's something that bothers the community.
    To access the transmorgable elite pvp sets one needs 2k achi in 3v3/5v5/RBGs, this is all fine, a bit lower than 2,2k that it used to be. You also need 27.000 total earned conquest points in the season, and on top of that they cost as much as the regular pieces (3500 for weapons, 2250 head etc).
    The concerns are that the price per piece is abit much, some classes have 2 or even 3 speccs to gear up, or alts to play. 27.000 is also a lot of total earned and takes some time to gather, at about 1750 (should be the average player) you get 2k per week.
    That's slightly over 13 weeks of caping, and not missing a week so it might be troublesome on alts. It won't grant you full set with those points either, so back to grinding, aaaand there comes the end of the season.
    I welcome suggestions, it's so much better and constructive to provide and talk about possible suggestions for changes etc.
    Take care and have a nice day.

Deleted
    I think it's weird that it's so expensive, makes little sense since you already need the rating. Seems more like a not very well thought out time sink (which considering this is WoD isn't all that surprising).

Deleted
    If you look at RBGs, they only have a rating req. for rank 14 replicas.
    I think it would be fair to have that and either a total earned req or keep current prices. Also notable is that you have to maintain 2k rating to keep getting access to the pieces while grinding the conquest points for them. Add that you need to keep maintaining 1750 (which should be around the average players rating) for it to even take 13 weeks, and that's just the total earned req...

Good old Holinka tweeted that they aren't allowing you to purchase Conq gear for Honor after 27k points (as it was in MoP) because about half of your slots change with spec. Great! So that leaves only HALF YOUR GODDAMN SLOTS INCLUDING WEAPON that need to be replaced to play a new spec, PLUS you need another like 13k or so to buy the elite transmog which mysteriously also costs Conq now. Was it really necessary for BOTH of these stupid changes?

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Good old Holinka tweeted that they aren't allowing you to purchase Conq gear for Honor after 27k points (as it was in MoP) because about half of your slots change with spec. Great! So that leaves only HALF YOUR GODDAMN SLOTS INCLUDING WEAPON that need to be replaced to play a new spec, PLUS you need another like 13k or so to buy the elite transmog which mysteriously also costs Conq now. Was it really necessary for BOTH of these stupid changes?
    Yea not to mention that secondaries may have different priority between the specs. If haste and mastery are my 2 best for spec, but crit and vers are my 2 best for spec B, I still have to buy 2 pieces of the same slot. Also with all of the "rebalancing" they've done mid season, ive bought a few of the wrong pieces in the beginning and have to rebuy the same slot with better secondaries. That haste buff really screwed me.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is WoD bro. Tedium = Content now. With the absolute dearth of PvP development, they have to do something to slow the gear treadmill for PvPers. Some tiny little database change they can throw in for a minimum of effort is ideal because they can hand it to an intern so the actual devs can continue to focus on PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think this all boils down to that we lack the conquest gear for honor vendor once you hit the 27k, as Solarfallz hinted at. Elite gear is simple enough to get after that if you keep caping any where around 2k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Personally I think this all boils down to that we lack the conquest gear for honor vendor once you hit the 27k, as Solarfallz hinted at. Elite gear is simple enough to get after that if you keep caping any where around 2k.
    Sure, you still lose a lot of gold that way that many PvP players actually enjoyed/needed once they didn't need the gear anymore coming the conversion to honor. It's mind bogglingly pointless and utterly vile, similar to the mayority of WoD. It serves absolutely no purpose beyond artificially introducing a forced grind to make up for lack of actual compelling activities to PvP wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Sure, you still lose a lot of gold that way that many PvP players actually enjoyed/needed once they didn't need the gear anymore coming the conversion to honor. It's mind bogglingly pointless and utterly vile, similar to the mayority of WoD. It serves absolutely no purpose beyond artificially introducing a forced grind to make up for lack of actual compelling activities to PvP wise.
    Well, I kinda agree. Gold from conquest points @ conversion is a way to sustain yourself as a pvper. Would you have the elite set mailed to you as soon as you reach 2k?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Well, I kinda agree. Gold from conquest points @ conversion is a way to sustain yourself as a pvper. Would you have the elite set mailed to you as soon as you reach 2k?
    It could be a solution if they just reduced the cost of the pieces, or have them bought for gold like many other transmorg pieces like CMsets etc. Or have some short quest to obtain them (just noit more Ashran related stuff :P ).