Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My Dps as UH seems low, what should I be pulling?

680 ilvl, two piece set. 8/10 H and whenever doing current content I'm never really in the top 3. I seem to go between 28 and 34k for mostly single target fights, aoe is better, but still seems off. Today I was in Hm normal helping a friend, and without pre potting etc. was around 28-30k.

What should I be pulling?

Deleted
    use the logs of either askmrrobot or warcraftlogs to see where your dps is ranked in fights

@ 677 i simmed roughly 29.8k at patchwerk 450sec. with 2set and 1 crappy trinket. so sounds about right, It seems(not speaking from exp) that if you learn to use BoS proper on some fights that you will see a quite big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    hey chaoserver, any chance you could provide a armory link or logs of some fights to check skill priority?or send me a real id in private.

I'm currently ilvl 678, H Gruul last night I was at 37,601 DPS

I'd say as long as you're doing around 33,000 DPS on single target fights, you're doing well enough.

ilvl 680 Benchmarks at 35,500 DPS as the 95th Percentile for H Gruul.

You also have to understand. You will not be pulling top numbers as unholy in really any circumstances. Our AoE is good don't get me wrong. But for fights like darmac we are okay not spectactacular. Due to adds dying extremely quick. But fights like maidens and blast furnace is where we fucking shine. Those fights really have no excuses to be in the top 3. Those are the perfect situations for a unholy DK. But what you are pulling seems right. But we also don't know what you have for a weapon and trinkets. Which those 3 items play the biggest factor in dps for single target fights.

My trinkets are a heroic war forged with socket tectus' beating heart and a less impressive heroic bottle of infesting spores, which is my weakest item. Weapon is Heroic kagrasz burning blade.
    I'd imagine replacing bottle with a strength with proc trunk from BRF would do me well.

I'm ok with not being the top of the chart dps, but it is important I am at least doing adequately, which does seem to be the case. When I am pre potting/using stout runes on fights like H maidens or anything else I really want down, I do get up there. If 3rd/4th is about where I should be in a group that is attempting and downing current heroic content pretty much up to blackhand, I should be good.
    Last edited by chaoserver; 2015-03-18 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
    My trinkets are a heroic war forged with socket tectus' beating heart and a less impressive heroic bottle of infesting spores, which is my weakest item. Weapon is Heroic kagrasz burning blade.
    I'd imagine replacing bottle with a strength with proc trunk from BRF would do me well.

I'm ok with not being the top of the chart dps, but it is important I am at least doing adequately, which does seem to be the case. When I am pre potting/using stout runes on fights like H maidens or anything else I really want down, I do get up there. If 3rd/4th is about where I should be in a group that is attempting and downing current heroic content pretty much up to blackhand, I should be good.
    Armory / Logs would make it easier to judge your performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotles View Post
    You also have to understand. You will not be pulling top numbers as unholy in really any circumstances. Our AoE is good don't get me wrong. But for fights like darmac we are okay not spectactacular. Due to adds dying extremely quick. But fights like maidens and blast furnace is where we fucking shine. Those fights really have no excuses to be in the top 3. Those are the perfect situations for a unholy DK. But what you are pulling seems right. But we also don't know what you have for a weapon and trinkets. Which those 3 items play the biggest factor in dps for single target fights.
    While our AOE is by no means bad, unless your raid composition is comprised solely of Assassination rogues, Frost DKs, and Destruction locks, I find it hard to believe you'd be top 3 consistently, unless your other raiders are bad. Hunters, Mages, Elemental Shamans, Combat Rogues, etc. will outshine a DK in a fight like Iron Maidens.

Our only fight where we should be even near the top is Kromog.

I PUG since my guild is total crap, and I'm honestly not looking for or in need of something more serious until I am prepped for mythic, and therefore when I join a group can expect everyone to be around my ilvl(assuming the RL checks out and isn't looking for a carry), and when I host, everyone except perhaps a healer or two is at least my ilvl, and I'd estimate I hover around 5th, occasionally jumping up to 3 or 2 depending on group or fights. I think I was fourth on my heroic maidens kill or so. I take it as a bad sign most fights if I break into the top 3.

Do you guys use NP for most fights? Which fights in BRF do you use it on?
    Last edited by chaoserver; 2015-03-18 at 02:24 PM.

This is just my own experience but before when I had sub optimal gear that lacked multistrike,I hovered around 16-20% unbuffed. My dps would vary wildly at the mercy of multistrikes on the shorter fights. Now that I've almost completely geared myself in MS/Mastery gear I find my dps to be much more stable on fights. Without an armory profile or logs to look at, I'd assume you have some less than desirable slots due to rng or what have you.

I'm surprised you get into pugs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotles View Post
    I'm surprised you get into pugs lol.
    An individual is looking for advice to improve himself, what exactly does your post offer toward that goal?

Aren't you in the thread below this, asking for trinket advice?

I'm guessing he means because I'm a plate dps which is hard to get into PUGs as, which wasn't untrue until around my current ilvl, with it even still being a bit of a chore so I raid lead what I must.

My armory link is konara on Echo, can't post link yet.

I'm not exactly optimally geared, as I've taken the big ilvl upgrades regardless of if they are multi/mastery, though I've cycled what I can, and am basically running raids for optimization at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
    My armory link is konara on Echo, can't post link yet.
    Can't find any Konara who fits this thread on any Echo. not US nor EU

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Can't find any Konara who fits this thread on any Echo. not US nor EU
    There is only one level 100 DK named Konara on EU or US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Konara/simple

Not sure if that's him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post

Not sure if that's him though.
    Well he stated 8/10 heroic @ 680 so i doubt it. and thats the one i found aswell.

Here is our gruul log from last night
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...NXvYx#fight=18

Not the best player in the world, so you should be able to match his numbers easily.
    4peice is super important as well.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Here is our gruul log from last night
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...NXvYx#fight=18

Not the best player in the world, so you should be able to match his numbers easily.
    4peice is super important as well.
    4P is about 2%-3% imporant, so maybe around 1,500 - 2,000 DPS.

We really need to see Chaos' logs to get an idea of how he's performing on individual fights.
    Last edited by Breyers; 2015-03-18 at 03:50 PM.

Sorry its echo isles US, konkara. I'd link but it won't let me