[WA] Icons not doing what I want

Hello there.

So I'm working on a complete WA-refresh for all my chars. Nearly everything works fine and as intended...but one things just won't work.

Example:
    For tracking debuffs (e.g. Rupture, Vampiric Touch, etc.) I want to use an icon with three different states.

1. Debuff is applied and showing duration - working
    2. Debuff is applied and a certain time is remaining...the icon starts to flash - working
    3. Debuff is not applied and the icon turns grey (desaturate) - not working...

For the last part I'm doing the following:
    - Checking for an aura
    - Aura: e.g. Rupture (tried name and different SpellIDs)
    - Check for own only
    - Inverse (only if the aura can't be found)

As a result it shows a desaturated icon...but not the icon I want. Insetad I get the "?" symbol you get on an unknown spell.

Any ideas?

WA has nothing to go from when the rupture isn't on your target. No rupture -> no spell id -> weakauras has no idea what the icon actually is. Remove Automatic Icon in display and search for rupture when you click "choose". That should fix it.

Just generally don't use automatic icons if you want the icon to show when something is not there.
    Last edited by Overdispersion; 2015-03-18 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks for your answer.
    Now that I think of it it makes perfect sense. I don't know why I didn't think of this.

I'll give it a try whren I'm home from work.

Ok...so I tried replacng the automatic icon with the actual rupture icon. Now nothing happens at all...
    I think I'm too stupid for WA ^^

Did you tick the 'Inverted' and 'desaturated' buttons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Yes.
    Checking for aura "Rupture", own only and inverted...and displaying specific icon with desaturated ticked.

Before I got the "?" icon...now nothing appears at all

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are you loading it? It might be for the wrong class or only in combat.

Loading options are: Rogue, Assassination, Combat

In my understanding the icon should appear as soon, as I enter combat and have a target, which doesn't have a rupture debuff cast by me. Am I wrong?

Hmm, you sure it's set to target and debuff? works on my rogue.

Code:
    d0I)baGljXRjrAMKOmxrYSP4MKO62IyNIu7f2nvTFkb)KsPHrjPFlXGPKy4K0bLKoMOSquQLsflgLSCu9uvpwHNtQPsyYkA6ixKsKRsP4YcxxQnsIyZsQTtPQpsjQpJIVtj0iPKYjjHdt0Pv68uP)kQwgLktJsQgzqGlHa3PvPMh4k8uWRLJiLIrXRtvL1AwYn3PW0rUtRsnpaHRXTRswfRwjdpbFIpHaN4ldtWHaVyrVTEJlyJ3(LWjjNji81BFW1byJ7LjHgcKod3PvPMhGWNbRUUw4Qg4wRQJYvInkdeUPiNqGtst4jiWtAdTqace(CRR3rBixiWtAdTqaceoxociWtAdTqace(Wi1AiW1RNXe4o2AzBSei8wh5dJuRbB8wh5Jscljb248IjGapPn0cbiqGWNRw1iDpjhkvJBbRGZdMT4fUQb(okE8zOLuZLua24YMkGf(oX5Tk18axoNlTfV0Kt8LHj4AiaH77ebFzycUgPZWNRw1iDvmkECfEk41YrKsXO41PQYAnl5M7uy6i3PvPMhGWThPZSUDzGaaa

Yeah pretty sure. But I'll give your string a try after work. Thanks