Pure Rage Potion or Draenic Strength Potion?

Hey there, I'm not really good with numbers and stuff, so I wanted to know what would be better for Arms for the last 20%. The rage potion gives me 2 additional Executes which is awesome with Reck + Avatar, it hits a lot.

As I said, I'm not good with numbers so I'm gonna post some of my thoughts here.

1k Str gives me around 1.2k weapon dmg, let's say I'm doing 1.2k additional dmg per ability use, let's say all of them crit, so it's 2.4k. Now with Avatar 20% the dmg goes up to around 3.1k, we have 1.5 secs gcd I think, but let's say it's 1 sec, let's say I'm so pro that I will use 25 attacks in the 25 secs. 3.1k * 25 = 80k dmg. I autoattack every 3.60 secs, let's say it's 3 secs and I crit on every single attack, it's 3.1k per attack with a total of 9 attacks in 25 secs, it will be something around 27.9k dmg, so a total of 109k "ADDITIONAL" dmg in the 25 secs. If I use the rage potion, then I get 2 additional Executes, if I have Avatar, it will do around 160k-220k per crit.

This is just a theory, I know it's not accurate and it's not 100% right, but it's just what I thought it could be, I would be happy if someone could do theorycrafting and help me out. Thanks in advance.

Strength Potion. That total damage gained seems incredibly low compared to what I gain from a Strength Potion as Fury. There's no way the discrepancy would be that large.

I'm not good with numbers and also not good with calculations, I always use Str potion as Fury, there is no doubt about it. But it seemed a bit off in Arms, since the Execute damage is rly high.

I am not that good with numbers and theorycrafting also(Before anyone diss my reply<3). Are you trying to make a scenario where:

Duration: 25sec
    Abilities: 25(not specified)
    Norm att(3sec/per swing): 8,34
    Buffs: Avatar + Str. Pot

Vs.

Duration: 25sec
    Abilities: 23(not specified) + 2x execute
    Norm att(3sec/per swing): 8,34
    Buffs: Avatar + Rage pot

?

Even in that situation there are so many more factors(I would say) that you are missing. Rage gain(from abilties/bonuses/normal swings), rage per ability used, how much mastery you have and the weapon damage% of your abilities.
    You specify that the target is under 20%, which meen you would want to use execute as much as possible, and use abilities that strengthens execute.
    Consider how much rage you gain and what abilities you will use from that.
    Is the haste from your gain, for making your weaponspeed go from 3.60 -> 3.00 equal to your Global Cooldown 1.5 -> 1.0 ?

tl:dr = Use a Strength pot
    Last edited by Slayar; 2015-03-18 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    I don't remember the didigts but execute deals 300-400% dmg right?. This means that a 1.2k dmg boost deals a lot more dmg than what you calculated.
    So say it's 300% (if I recall, it's more right?) you actually need to calculate 1.2k dmg x 300%. And Double that for crits amount for crits.

Right?

Deleted
    Your calculation starts off with the wrong assumption that you only gain 100% of the weapon damage per ability, but if you look through your spells, there is not even one that does that, even Whirlwind does 140% weapon damage, Execute does close to 400% weapon damage, Mortal Strike is at 225%, that is not even factoring in other modifiers like mastery, just the pure weapon damage used by the abilities.
    -> You can easily double or even triple the amount of damage you added from Strenght pot, probably even more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinaa View Post
    Your calculation starts off with the wrong assumption that you only gain 100% of the weapon damage per ability, but if you look through your spells, there is not even one that does that, even Whirlwind does 140% weapon damage, Execute does close to 400% weapon damage, Mortal Strike is at 225%, that is not even factoring in other modifiers like mastery, just the pure weapon damage used by the abilities.
    -> You can easily double or even triple the amount of damage you added from Strenght pot, probably even more.
    ^
    Ah thanks, my thoughts with better wording!

Thank u guys for the detailed explanations, I totally missed up the parts of abilities getting a % buff form weapon damage, seems like Str pot will be better, thanks again.