A guide to getting Proven Assailant on a mage (Proving Grounds endless)

Got up to wave 44 of endless last week and thought I would make a guide with all the stuff I picked up along the way. Hope it's of some use to anyone who might be trying for the title.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=3016/ho...raenor-edition

P.S. I barely do any serious content on my mage these days, so I don't really keep up-to-date with mage stuff. So if you spot anything that needs changing, please let me know!

I did it as frost, was pretty easy too.

The orange fire quest joke is pretty good

the guide is well written, thanks
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Deleted
    I remember it was quite a joke as Frost in Pandaria, can imagine it still is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromade View Post
    I did it as frost, was pretty easy too.
    Just curious, what ilvl was your gear when you did it in frost? Now that the Proving Grounds scales with people's gear rather than the other way around, was thinking that maybe that could affect what spec people use as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    The orange fire quest joke is pretty good

the guide is well written, thanks
    Thanks, I had a lot of fun with those screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    I remember it was quite a joke as Frost in Pandaria, can imagine it still is now?
    Yeah, I did it easily as frost back in MoP too, was surprised when I struggled with it in WoD. Felt that I was starved for procs a lot of the time, and spamming frostbolt whilst waiting for stuff to come off cd wasn't really cutting it. (That said, could also be a gear or l2p issue- would be interested to hear more from anyone who did it as frost in WoD.)

- - - Updated - - -

Edited the spec section in my guide to mention the possible effect of ilvl on the most viable spec. Might give it a shot as frost in 630 gear at some point.

Also tried hoarding the berserking buffs as I saw it mentioned in someone else's MoP guide, but it seems that at least in WoD you can no longer have more than two berserking buffs up at the same time.

Deleted
    My issue with doing the endless proving grounds with Frost in WoD came from just how weak Frostbolt feels when it was scaled down. In MoP it was far easier to burst a mob with Deep Freeze/Frostjaw/RoF, but now you feel to dependent on proc luck on some of the more tricky waves.

I followed the guild with Arcane, a spec I'm really new at, and things seemed to come together quite nicely.