Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What do you think is the average age of WoW players?

I am going with about 27 years old.

The reason I ask, and really, it is not important, is because I have a guild member who keeps bringing it up in guild chat. He's 18 - he says - and seems to think that that teens still make up the largest part of the WoW subscription base. So, I am curious what you think.

Maybe 5 years ago, I would have thought that. Not now.

Deleted
    Yeah I agree with you, I think it would be somewhere around the mid-20s.

Deleted
    I think 18-30 is the largest part, because a lot of us started during TBC/WOTLK, and still check if it's any good/play casual/play hardcore

Deleted
    Funny, I am 27 years old And I know several active raiders who are older than me. I hardly know players who are younger than 20.

I'd also agree to ~25 (EU/US)

actual age or internet age? Usually for internet age you need to subtract 10-15 years from the actual age to match the stupidity/immaturity.

I think the age range probably looks like a Bell curve, with the peak hitting somewhere around 25-30.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I would say mid to late 20s. I'm 30, the oldest person I know that plays WoW is 65-70, also thinking back to the very few people under 18 in any of the guilds I've been in have been children of other guild-mates.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

18-30 probably. WoW is also a game with a thankfully very diverse player base, meaning there are lots of things appealing even for older players or really young ones, and gamers of all kinds of backgrounds. So there's more diversity than in other games. Which is very cool.

I find it's more important how people behave in the game (mostly unrelated to their age), and unfortunately there are quite a few annoying individuals who are probably around 20 y/o but mentally they're like 5-10 y/o.

10+ Year Old Account
    true age? 22-25 most likely. however, the way many WoW players act, would cause you to think they are about 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    22s or something like that. Maybe 20s.

Well WoW came out 11 years ago... and I am turning 26... carry the 1 ... I was by far one of the youngest people in most my guilds when I was 14/15 years old - I would guess 22-35 is AVERAGE age like Jimson says but of course there will always be outliers

I'm 46 so I throw the average way off, sorry mates

I started playin around 18, I am now 26 and the majority of those in my guild range from 24-30, with the lowest being 22-24. When i first started in bc, i did notice a lot more 12-16 year olds but not anymore. Guess you really do age with the game as far as the majority of players go.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    I'm 46 so I throw the average way off, sorry mates

Well, OP here, and I'm 52... and in a previous guild we had a 92 year old woman who played so that she could play with her great, great, great grandson. It was funny as she was on an RP server, and she always typed stuff like "ya mon, ya!"

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    I am going with about 27 years old.

The reason I ask, and really, it is not important, is because I have a guild member who keeps bringing it up in guild chat. He's 18 - he says - and seems to think that that teens still make up the largest part of the WoW subscription base. So, I am curious what you think.

Maybe 5 years ago, I would have thought that. Not now.
    If you take me (45) and him (18) that means 31.5 as an average. I know for a fact that there are people in their 60s and 70s playing this game, but you can't go much earlier than 13 or so and have it be meaningful.

So I think you're both right if you change how you view it. I think there are more people who are 16-23 that play this game than any other, but the older folks skew that because of the upward range of age.

More people of a younger age
    The average age is higher because the most populous group can't be any younger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 23, I've always felt relatively young compared to the mainstream age. My current guild is mostly 25-30. My BC guild was essentially 19-25, just as I was 16. Same difference.

Deleted
    I'm 21 now and have been playing since late BC, used to be 'the kid' in most of my guilds :P

Everyone I know and have played with since MoP is in college or just got out so 20s probably.