Deleted

Why exactly shouldn't I use AS without 4set?

http://i.imgur.com/v13KIph.png

Like most guides, videos and such its "use AS on bosses when u have 4set" but why exactly?

If i lets say wanted to use AS on any other boss, with only a 2set.. wouldnt that work? would I lose a lot of dps?

Quote Originally Posted by EmilG View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/v13KIph.png

Like most guides, videos and such its "use AS on bosses when u have 4set" but why exactly?

If i lets say wanted to use AS on any other boss, with only a 2set.. wouldnt that work? would I lose a lot of dps?
    The reason I put that in the title was someone said to, it mainly applies to using Auspicious Spirits over CoP single target. Also need to update that graphic so here: http://i.imgur.com/23PB4mZ.png

I find my self doing better dps with insanity/sod than with AS/anything (on like.. maidens or beastlord).. could be i suck
    I'm not sure why the 4pc is "required" for AS but i guess it would be that the orb generation (with enough crit) from AS will allow you to better maintain the 4pc bonus. The 2pc bonus is a buff to dotweaving.

Overall dps on maidens or blast furnace is somewhat irrelevant because on maidens the fight doesnt matter until 20% which is a turn and burn single target mainly
    The only real challenge in blast furnace for my guild was killing the elementalist (primalists?) with one elemental which would be single target dps... of course you can make the argument that killing the adds quickly would allow for more focus or that with AS the orb generation +single target dumping of DP would make for better dps anyway... donno same argument could be used for maidens as well, for me ST dps is definitely higher when not using AS
    Last edited by Coolascancer; 2015-03-18 at 05:37 PM.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Coolascancer View Post
    I find my self doing better dps with insanity/sod than with AS/anything (on like.. maidens or beastlord).. could be i suck, 2pc btw
    The way I play those fights is mouseover macros. Reapplying dots by mousing over the boss frames instead of chasing nameplates/mobs. Make sure to get custom Unit Frames so you can make boss frames display your dots so you can track them on each boss for maidens.

Deleted
    On single target fights it doesn't matter. But when multidoting SW: P with AS talent, you generate so many orbs that you can keep very high uptime on that 12% haste buff from 4set. Also i think it's more about 6.0. patch where AS wasn't viable on any fight without 4set, but with set bonus it could already be used for a few fights. In 6.1. you will almost always use AS on multi target fights.

Deleted
    ok thanks for the information, in the next raid i have i will be using AS over COP and see how it works for me, should be easy on beastlord since i already do like 55k on that.

The 4-set gives a haste increase, which means more tics per dot application, which means more of a chance for the tic to crit (on SWP), which means more SA, which means more orbs.

You can use it with the 2-set, but the 2-set benefits MB, and doesn't affect the dots. AS still requires a hefty bit of crit behind it (25% raid buffed is the general consensus) to really be viable over CoP, but by the time most people get the 4-set, as long as they've been going after Crit gear, they have the proper crit for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What level of cit, in general, makes AS viable on single-target fights like Gruul? Is 25% raid buffed sufficient or is 25% for multi-target fights and a higher level of crit is needed for single-target fights? (This is with 4p.)
    Last edited by shanthi; 2015-03-18 at 08:11 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently just got my 2 pc set, though i did have to downgrade from 680 shoulders and a 686 warforged chest for it, to 665 and 680 respectively. Im wondering how useful is the 2pc for AS? Should i be trimming insanity casts to get the extra MBs in now? Really enjoying AS but alot of people say that CoP in most fights is better, anyone with any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    What level of cit, in general, makes AS viable on single-target fights like Gruul? Is 25% raid buffed sufficient or is 25% for multi-target fights and a higher level of crit is needed for single-target fights? (This is with 4p.)
    25% is the minimum I started doing it, the more the better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    I recently just got my 2 pc set, though i did have to downgrade from 680 shoulders and a 686 warforged chest for it, to 665 and 680 respectively. Im wondering how useful is the 2pc for AS? Should i be trimming insanity casts to get the extra MBs in now? Really enjoying AS but alot of people say that CoP in most fights is better, anyone with any suggestions?
    The 2-set doesn't really benefit AS. AS gives orbs from when a SA hits a target, SA's spawn when you do a crit tic from a SWP. That isn't to say that you won't see a DPS increase from the 2-set using AS (since you'll be able to MB more), but it won't give you more SA's like the 4 set will.

And you should always trim a channeled spell to cast MB. MB is the highest spell in your priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post
    25% is the minimum I started doing it, the more the better though.
    If you have the Oregorger trinket, you can do with less than 25%. If you're progressing on Gruul, I would probably run with CoP even at 25% crit, as it's more consistent than AS is. If Gruul is on farm though, I would take the chance with AS and hope for RNG.

Deleted
    If you have a COP set it's usually a lot better on average in single target. AS can RNG you to the top though.

Deleted
    Anyone pls help me why i cant cast mouseover macros in my boss frames?? click every boss its big dps loss...i use elvui btw thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mpougatsa View Post
    Anyone pls help me why i cant cast mouseover macros in my boss frames?? click every boss its big dps loss...i use elvui btw thanks
    What spells are you trying to cast? Some spells have facing requirements, others do not.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    If you have a COP set it's usually a lot better on average in single target. AS can RNG you to the top though.
    This is true, and also lately I got tired of switching gear and talents and have just stayed AS. The dps difference is not huge imo, and overall I feel like BRF suits the AS play style more.

The most difficult thing I find with AS is that at times I get orbs so fast, I can't spend them quickly enough. I dropped insanity for SoD on maidens since I could get 3 DP's rolling at the same time more often than not.
    Last edited by Priority; 2015-03-19 at 04:01 PM.