Page 1 of 2
LastLast

CM weapons=lackluster?

Does anyone find the amount of effort to get through all those Gold modes to be mostly unworth it? I feel like most of the gold CM weapons are rather dissapointing..in all honesty most of the HM/BRF and even many of the Cata/MoP raid weapons are much more visually dazzling than most of the CM ones. Apart from maybe the fiery-looking 2h sword and one of the staffs (the gun is ok too)..most of them are pretty dull...especially the 1h weapons, they look like they spent less time on those than they did the questing gear..
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2015-03-18 at 07:30 PM.

yes. a whole set in mop was a tottally another thing. along with that you got valor points for progress. i know nearly zero people in this expac who run cms. in mop nearly everyone of them run it. wod is shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool if they made the weapons interact with spells
    im cool pls respodn

Deleted
    It'd be better if the weapons actually matched sets and weren't so utterly big.

Deleted
    In my opinion, most of the WoD CM weapons look utterly ridiculous. Especially some of the two-handed weapons are waaaay too big.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    most of them are pretty dull...especially the 1h weapons
    Did you not see the one hand axe that goes on fire?

I thought the shields were pretty badass, and saying that more effort was put into questing gear is absurd.

I dunno... the 2 handers are a bit over the top, but I thought there were only 2 good looking armor sets in MoP CM's anyhow.

Deleted
    would be nice if they added a wand.

(self advertisement)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13122976907#1

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like any of the art on them, personally. I do wear the MoP CM set on my druid, and don't want the WoD weapon art. On my hunter, I keep my Rhok transmogged, so I wouldn't want the WoD weapon art for that, either. And those are the 2 characters I mainly play, the rest of them are just around for crafting and puttering with.

I will run silvers at some point, just because yeti. But I doubt I will jack around with golds this time, unless we have some horrible 15 month final raid tier again and I am truly desperate for something to do.

The transforming ones are cool. And then you have the ones that just... spin. Just keep spinning...

The staves and the bow are the only ones that look even remotely OK.

Super hard to even get CM groups now however.

The CM weapons are ok, but they aint making me go "OMG I NEED THEM!" like the CM armor did in MoP.

Considering none of them match the Paladin CM set, I've been pretty disappointed since I saw them.

They're definitely underwhelming. A full set of armory (and all those sets looked pretty good) with special animations is much more noticeable and feels like a better reward. I still get whispers every now and then on the polearm, but generally, the weapons aren't as flashy - just huge. I hope they give us another armor set the next time around.

My Felguard adores his Cloudsong Glaive but the other ones are insanely atrocious. The Soul Eater is the only one I consider OK since being a warlock but damn they went REALLY lazy with these atm. And as others have pointed out, no wand... Guess what weapon I used for the entirety of HM and BRF...

WoD CM weapons suck.
    Blade of the Titans was way better than Greatsword of the Inferno.

10+ Year Old Account
    zero wand xmog, zero stars!

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yes. a whole set in mop was a tottally another thing. along with that you got valor points for progress. i know nearly zero people in this expac who run cms. in mop nearly everyone of them run it. wod is shit.
    Because you could "outgear" Mists CMs through sockets. Mists CMs only started getting run more after 5.2 was out. Before then not a lot of people were running them. But since you can't outgear the Warlords CMs (not yet anyway, and doubt you can ever do it since sockets don't work in there), not a lot of people are willing to go through them.

As a monk, I haven't used the transmog weapons, none of them look good imo, and they don't match anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't sparkly/smooth/curvy enough, which if they were it would infer a futuristic look due to how technology (and games) visually improve over time.

Example, look at a website from 1997, look at one from 2015

Look at a car from 1976, look at one from 2015

Look at a game from 1993, look at one from 2015

I'm not motivated to get any of them tbh.

And let's face it, they don't scream 'special snowflake' enough like the MoP armor did (for some classes).
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2015-03-19 at 04:38 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

No one in my CM group was really interested in getting the weapons, we kind of just did them due to my GF wanting the achieve points and everyone else kind of had nothing better to do. We finished golds after 2 evenings and I expected to get a box just like all of my mop characters got, nope. Had to go the whole way to warspear then fork out 1k gold per item. Pretty lame. Ended up buying the sword and the polearm. Polearm looks amazing but matches basically nothing. Sword looks okay at best and at this point i'm basically only using it because i feel obligated to as its 'prestigious' (even though it really isn't.)

I mean, they could've thrown in a CM armor recolour with them. They have Black warrior set, Black hunter set, Green DK set etc. That would've been sick as fuck to get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    WoD CM weapons suck.
    Blade of the Titans was way better than Greatsword of the Inferno.
    you mean Shovel of the Titans?