Boomkin: AoE, Need Help Please.

As the title suggest, I am struggling with aoe on a few particular fights and I am curious as to how I can pump out more dps. I cannot post links because I am a new member to the site.

However, I have my logs on AMR. My character is Minuano/Wyrmrest Accord/NA and my last raid was 3/17/15, my Darmac kill had me at ~ 50th percentile of Balance Druids for my gear level which to me is a tad disappointing. Thogar I dun goofed/derped pretty hard so I was dead a majority of the fight and Kromog I seem to be doing something right. Thanks to whoever responds.
    Last edited by JForte91; 2015-03-18 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    starfall pref in lunar and dot up the spears. it might seem like dps whoring but its what you gotta do on beastlord

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Should I be floating on one charge consistently, and I can easily see Sunfire dotting as it spreads from the primary target. But is it worth Moonfire dotting since I have to use multiple GCD's?

You will very rarely have spears near eachother for sunfire to spread to the others, so just dot in whichever eclipse you are and use starfall on 1+ spears, it's not padding the meters due to you have to kill spears anyway so its something you really should do as a boomkin on that fight.

And try to use most of your starfall inside Lunar, but if you are on 2 stacks and in solar, use starfall anyway.

depending on your group for beastlord the spears in my case die so quickly now that its on farm because we have 3 warlocks killing them as well it can be hard to get a high parse first kill i pushed 70k now i am lucky to hit 60k just try not to read to much into the logs on that fight since everyone can pad now which means less dps for you.

Starfall in Lunar doesn't apply here because it's a 2 target rule. You usually have more than 2 targets up for Beastlord.

Dotting spears early is padding - the first ones will die in time just with Lunar Starfalling, GCDs beyond that can be put into boss deeps.

Rankings on some fights can be impossible just due to your raid comp, if you have people killing spears before your dots/starfalls are able to have effect, that can be suspect.

Might be because of your raid comp. I can't get above 20th percentile on kromog because my group is cleave heavy and if I touch the hands even halfway into thundering blows people will die. Could be the same with beastlord. Just a lot of aoe dps not leaving much for you to pad on.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Starfall in Lunar doesn't apply here because it's a 2 target rule. You usually have more than 2 targets up for Beastlord.
    it does incase you find yourself being out of starfall charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    Dotting spears early is padding - the first ones will die in time just with Lunar Starfalling, GCDs beyond that can be put into boss deeps.
    It might be an overall damage loss, but it doesn't qualify as padding if you're the one that kills the spears eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    it does incase you find yourself being out of starfall charges.
    Which only happens if you are in blues or burned charges on Starsurge. But I don't see how what you said plays any role here. Once you get a charge you use it, because there are more than 2 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Which only happens if you are in blues or burned charges on Starsurge. But I don't see how what you said plays any role here. Once you get a charge you use it, because there are more than 2 targets.
    He probably means that if you have problems getting charges (even though you shouldn't as you mentioned) it'd be more productive to be using Starfall in lunar as it deals more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    That's not padding. Those need to die eventually and you can greatly benefit from the ss procs
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    That's not padding. Those need to die eventually and you can greatly benefit from the ss procs
    The SS procs only off of your most recent set of MF/SF (If I remember correctly from all the reading I've done). In reality the spears don't need to be dead until Darmac hops on the Rylak but so it technically is padding meters a bit since the gradual cleave from Starfall and other people's abilities will wear most of them down. Really though you bring a Boomkin to BRF for these types of fights and spears are our job to keep dead so let us DoT and kill them quickly then worry about keeping DoTs up on the primary boss, starfalling and casting the odd starfire/wrath.

If your raid is having trouble with healer mana or enrage timers or what not though make sure you don't bother MF/SFing the spears until the mount before the Rylak splits with Darmac or until you kill that mount. Then you can mass DoT all the spears still alive and they should be dead in about 20-30s. This way you'll put out a little more damage over-all.

Is it worth using the Glyph that turns Starfall into a solar spell on this fight? Ive been using Starfall everytime the adds come out and im usually on the solar side at this point.