Boomkin Blackhand Blaconies and 4piece timing

Hey all,

So for our first couple kills I wasn't going up on the balcony as a moonkin. Now I am going up and it's greatly reducing the effectiveness of my 4piece. Any of you guys have tips as to when you pop your stuff so as to maximize usage?

depending on your gear but i am able to pop it the 2nd balcony and have it back up for p3 we kill the boss in under 6 mins so holding incarnation till ca is back up isnt bad since i dont lose a cd set. try and cast as much as possible when on the balcony i solo them so i just starfall put some dots out and cast while on the ground try and stay near the tanks so u can quickly get to them to go up

Deleted
    Does anybody know if you still get mark of death when you are standing in melee range? If you get the mark of death just before going up it's often pretty close to get to the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by primalfears View Post
    depending on your gear but i am able to pop it the 2nd balcony and have it back up for p3 we kill the boss in under 6 mins so holding incarnation till ca is back up isnt bad since i dont lose a cd set. try and cast as much as possible when on the balcony i solo them so i just starfall put some dots out and cast while on the ground try and stay near the tanks so u can quickly get to them to go up
    SO my cycle is as follows. Maybe this will give you a bit more insight.

Pull: Inc + CA
    Just after 70% Transition: CA
    2nd Balcony: Inc + CA

and here is where i lose it I think. Should I be holding off the inc and just popping CA?

This is how I do it:

Pull: Inc + CA / only CA since I tried running with SotF a bit.

At around 72%-ish CA comes of CD, I don't pop it yet.

During transition to P2: Flap to be on the balcony instantly

When first balcony spawns: Pop CA and DoT everything - essentially soloing it - meaning the melee group has more time on the boss.

During third balcony CA is usually off CD again, and can then be used during Bloodlust / Heroism in P3 as well.

As for incarnation, if I use it I would tend to save it for when I can nuke the boss in between balconies. CA is so massively useful on balconies that I honestly wouldn't bother trying to line the two CDs up, and Incarnation is probably wasted on balconies anyway since the mobs will die so quickly either way, especially with CA up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohly View Post
    This is how I do it:

Pull: Inc + CA / only CA since I tried running with SotF a bit.

At around 72%-ish CA comes of CD, I don't pop it yet.

During transition to P2: Flap to be on the balcony instantly

When first balcony spawns: Pop CA and DoT everything - essentially soloing it - meaning the melee group has more time on the boss.

During third balcony CA is usually off CD again, and can then be used during Bloodlust / Heroism in P3 as well.

As for incarnation, if I use it I would tend to save it for when I can nuke the boss in between balconies. CA is so massively useful on balconies that I honestly wouldn't bother trying to line the two CDs up, and Incarnation is probably wasted on balconies anyway since the mobs will die so quickly either way, especially with CA up.
    But isn't the whole point of taking Inc is that is lines up so well with CA?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't do INC + CA at the same time due to the loss of a global for CA. Use INC + pre-pot at the same time, then do your opener SS or SF or whatever, then CA, Berserk and MF to apply dots and then return to SF / SS rotation, IMHO.