Angry New desktop build, Not sending a signal to my monitor.

I just recently built a new desktop and I have everything put together right, but it isn't sending any signal to my monitor. I read another forum post about this same thing happening and this is what was said.

"Couple of things you need to do. ( i had this problem when i first started)

use your onboard graphics from your mobo and unseat everything, including the RAM. (the only things you can take out is Video card and RAM)

Reinsert the RAM and power it up, you should get a display from your onboard, flash your BIOS if you need to, get the necessary updates for your mobo, then power it off

Turn on again and on the menu screen of your Mobo, make sure to have it not auto detect GPU and keep it on the MOBO

Reinsert your video card with your onboard graphics as the main and do the updates for your graphics card when its recognized..

your main video card should be updated and now can be recognized by the mobo and your display should work!

99% of the time the problem is that the mobo auto defaults to the main video card, and since your main video card does not have the proper updates on the MOBO to function a display, it ends up being no display at all. So follow those steps and if it doesn't work, then we'll have to delve into more complicated matters."

I tried pulling out the graphics card and RAM, then putting the RAM back in, and it still wasn't sending any signal to my monitor. I don't know what else to do!

motherboard is a MSI B85-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150
    CPU is a Intel Core is-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have extra thermal compound? Try taking re-seating the CPU like you did with the ram and video card. One of my earlier computers I built did the same thing (no signal to the monitor) when I first put it together, removing the CPU and placing it back in did the trick. Not sure if it will help but it's worth a shot.

Also probably not the issue but are you sure the monitor and cables work properly?
    Bad decisions make good stories.

SMITE, free to play MOBA!

I tried that, it's still not working. I also tried hooking it up to a monitor that works.

Are you plugging your monitor into your motherboard or the graphics card? Have you tried both connections?

Do you have the additional power plugged into your graphics card? You don't list your card, but most standalone cards require "supplemental" power.

Do you get a display at all? At the motherboard boot screen for example?

Are you sure your computer is staying powered on?
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2015-03-19 at 01:02 AM.

its being plugged into the motherboard, i have tried both connections. yes i have additional power plugged into my graphics card. i don't get a display at all.

did you try a different cable?

10+ Year Old Account
    The B85-G41 is also not designed specifically for that CPU. You may have to update the bios to the newest (v25) unfortunately. Sort of a drawback when pairing older boards with newer cpus.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I think this is probably the problem^ thank you!