10+ Year Old Account

BRF - Hunter Tips and Tricks

Suprised I haven't seen this yet (unless it's eluding me), but this thread is tips/tricks/anything that you, as a hunter, can do/use to make raiding in BRF easier, more efficient, etc.

Please avoid stating things that are obviously exploits.. I would prefer this thread to last longer than a day.
    Also if it's boss or difficulty specific please state so.
    This will help heaps, I missed a solid month of BRF, now on mythic prog so everything is still pretty new to me :P

Oregorger:
    - Cheetah is only removed when we rolls into u or slams into a wall, so u can use it to avoid taking a tick from puddle dmg when shuffling.
    - Deterrence obviously completely negates his roll, so use it to get behind him for optimal positioning.

HansFranz:
    - Cheetah is only removed by body slam, use it whilst strafing on the belts.
    - Deterrence completely negates body slam, you can solo soak with this (wouldnt suggest using it on group as I doubt it will split the damage up)
    - Disengage messes with your hit box, so don't rely on it to get out of the pulverises.
    - Politely ask the tanks to not pull the boss next to the wall as your pet + stmapede will just fap in the middle of the room until they can get behind the boss

Flamebender:
    - Soak the targeted aoe with det
    - Can also soak fixate with det on the boss for some mad group cleave

Blackhand:
    - You can disengage onto the higher level where the adds spawn whilst falling down into phase 2 to get them down early (I think this is a legit mythic strat)
    - Whilst going up and down to the higher level in phase 2, throw pet on passive so he follows u during transition

There is already a mega thread about this.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ips-and-Tricks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers, I saw this in HM just didn't realise they updated it for BRF

Quote Originally Posted by Zomath View Post
    Cheers, I saw this in HM just didn't realise they updated it for BRF
    It's ok, I like this better as reading through pages of off topic mindless banter doesn't get the information across like 99.99% of us would like. It's an un-updated post and even if you were to post yours in it, it would get lost in the all the pages of irrelevant info. I hate it when people are like "this has been discussed already. Check this 400 page post" and really it was briefly mentioned on page 237.

edit: I got angry.
    Last edited by Phweak; 2015-03-19 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    There is already a mega thread about this.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ips-and-Tricks!
    Yes there is already a thread about this that hasn't had the OP updated since before BRF was even live. Much easier to just form a new one if OP is going to actually keep it up to date.

Beast Mastery Hunters on Iron Maidens:
    If you're going up on the boat, use your Focus Fire right before you jump on the chain. Your pet despawns when you jump on it, therefore losing any of your pet's frenzy stacks.

To be fair, none of the tips and tricks are really unobvious. "Deterrence blocks a lot of stuff, cheetah requires physical damage to break." Not exactly ground-breaking stuff. Our hunters disengage through Thogar deforester trains' flame jets with deterrence up and take no stacks of the fire. Grats, those are what those two abilities do.

I couldn't really find a tip or trick that isn't obvious off the bat.

yea i would love for this to be Accesible instead of the mindless banter that goes on in that outdated thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    From what I've seen I tend to agree.. HM had a few decent ones but not too much for BRF..

Also for Iron Maidens: Ice trap for the first boat jump with black ice glyph if you want some excessive movement speed ontop of a slow.

I want to use glyph of the lean pack on a few fights but there will always be that one spud that decides they like being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You've completely missed the point of having a thread like this. This isnt a thread for people who have already killed stuff on mythic, its for the ones who are yet to progress that far. This thread should tell you how to best handle each encounter as a hunter, and give you a few tips on how your skills can counter/handle the boss' abilities.

Also, not everyone sees the obvious like you do. Some people needs to be told how their abilities work, even though they know that similar abilities have been handled with success before, with for example deterrence or feign death. Even though I saw myself as a fairly accomplished raider in ToT/SoO, i did pick up a trick or 2 from the MoP thread.

Deleted
    H/F: You can feign death body slam, you have to be really quick though since if it he's in the air while you do it you will still get hit.
    Iron maidens: MM can keep sniper training up on marak boat (blood pools) Just move at 3 seconds, if you delay by 0.2~ seconds then you'll take a tick damage. (Practise it on heroic before mythic since you wont have a healer on that boat for mythic incase you fuck up)

You can also just stand on the boxes on the ship (near bombs) to completely avoid pool damage, but its somewhat hard to get all members on top within 3-5 seconds.
    Last edited by mmoceb7ce0de01; 2015-03-20 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    Just want to add that on Iron Maidens, if you're going to FD the Rapid Fire, make sure to stay in your FD for a 1-2 sec, cause it can be buggy sometimes.

So for example as soon as you see the "Rapid Fire" on you, press FD and wait at least 2sec might even go for 3sec to be sure (right before the first hit) then move away.

It will result in the rapid fire circle staying in 1 place. Useful for MM and SV hunters playing with Focusing Shot (the ones that want to move as little as possible)

Hope it helps and clarifys how the mechanic work!

You can Feign Death Blood Ritual on Iron Maidens too. I have not exactly perfected this yet but some things I know forsure. Off the bat if you FD it, she will stop casting it. No damage will go out. Thing I don't quite get yet is sometimes the squiggly line falls off, and sometimes it stays. It still does not damage though. I guess its a timing issue how fast you FD it or not.

For Iron Maidens, you can either feign death or deter the convulsive shadow cast from Sorka. Probably a minor thing since you need to save fd for penetrating shot and deter if you get the blood ritual or rapid fire during the boat phase.
    Acynnie
    Retired Encore Raider
    From BRF to ToV
    YouTube

Deleted
    To be sure make a /stopcasting macro for FD so it will be instant

K i have a question - While it may be totally unrelated to the topic (I remembered as I saw the stop cast macro) - When I am using the macro:
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot

I am using cobra shot, then hit the macro for Kill Shot once its up and it doesn't stop cast the cobra shot.
    On the other hand the same macro works when used with Kill command flawlessly
    (/stopcasting
    /cast Kill Command)

Any ideas and suggestions?

Deleted
    You have to make

/stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot

Should work now

No idea why one works and not the other but I believe as a hunter you want to use /stopcasting twice in a row in the macro.

You should ideally never cancel a cobra shot though. It's almost always a loss in dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    No idea why one works and not the other but I believe as a hunter you want to use /stopcasting twice in a row in the macro.

You should ideally never cancel a cobra shot though. It's almost always a loss in dps.
    Yeh I agree with you, the stopcasting macros are idealy for PVP, but might be useful on burst targets (like Primal Elementalist on Furnance).