Deleted

Combat rogue, venom rush uptime issues??? (check World of Logs)

Hey guys,

today I used WoL for the first time, and I started comparing myself with other rogues that did the same boss fight. We oneshot HC Butcher today and then had 12 wipes on HC Twin Ogron.

During Butcher I was sub, on Twins I was combat. I checked my logs, everything looked nice, always 98-100% uptime on SnD and RS, so I was happy about that. However, it says that on every attempt I had my Venom Rush uptime was below 3%. I've checked some other rogues, and they all have around 80% uptime. Roughly 22% of my damage was Instant Poison, so it is not like I forgot to use poisons.

Could anyone maybe help me out? I can't post links yet, but my name is Oromiselda-Khadgar.

Thanks to anyone that would be willing to try and help me out!

Were you running crippling poison for a non-lethal?
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Deleted
    No I was not. I assumed there was no use to it, since bosses are imume to slow.

So using crippling poison is a dps increase for combat?

Venom Rush should work with Instant Poison, but try applying Crippling as well and see if that makes a change? Either way I smell a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by oromiseldaa View Post
    No I was not. I assumed there was no use to it, since bosses are imume to slow.

So using crippling poison is a dps increase for combat?
    No its a dps loss.

Basically IP gives you a hidden buff that grants VR uptime but if you run crip that hidden buff will get removed when crip attempts to proc and is immuned by the boss. You don't get the hidden buff again till IP procs and it will be removed for a short duration when crippling procs.

Look at this log I just pulled from WCL:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=38
    You'll notice VR pops in and out intermittently even though the player has 99.41% boss uptime. Even more interesting this players crip fell off or was clicked off while in combat. If you look at just the section after crip fell off you see 100% VR uptime. (This log chunk shows slightly less because I caught the tail end of the crip period in it but if you do a better job selecting the region you'll see 100% uptime.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...94&end=1265198

Long story short: If you are hitting a slow immune target click off your crippling poison so it doesn't hurt your VR uptime.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

does this apply to leeching poison too? i feel naked without OH poison

Quote Originally Posted by chuckslol View Post
    If not, you will use leeching only because of yor "feelings"? Dont see any real profit of this talent. In digits its "just for lulz"
    Last edited by Spiridon; 2015-03-19 at 11:09 PM.

I haven't run into this issue. Unless crippling is actually needed I never use it. The reason I don't use it is because for those people that see "Snared (name)" every time crippling is 'applied'.

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Deleted
    Oke, so there most likely is just a bug going on then? That's unfortunate, was hoping I would have an easy way of fixing something that could be a huge dps gain

Thanks for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by chuckslol View Post
    No. Leeching poison does not apply a debuff so it doesn't "proc." And there are no "off hand" poisons anymore. Either weapon can proc either poison.