Deleted

BRF questions as WW.

Cheers!.

I just started playing Monk in WoD and still go on and learn the mechanics of this class, although i really like how it's made.

So, so far there is 2 builds, which you can go. First one is Serenity + Chi Brew(S+CB) for single target dps.
    Second, you can go Chi Explosion + Ascension(CE+A). This is needed for cleave fights.

What is rotation on spending chi, while you have Chi Explosion + Ascension build? I'm learning this build and have not 100% found the efficient way to play with it.

And now here are my question about BRF.

1.) Blast Furnance - CE+A or S+CB?
    1.1) Will you get Rushing Jade Wind or other tallent? RJW - really much energy. Xuen also deals aoe damage, but long cd. Chi Torpedo - haven't tested.
    1.2) Do you use Strom, Earth & FIre? If yes, on which targets? Melee focuses on engineers, so you just send copies to the large minion and Foreman?
    1.3) Is it worth getting Chi Burst instead of Zen Sphere on this fight?

2.) Twins - CE+A or S+CB?
    2.1.) Do you use Storm, Earth & Fire on 2nd boss or just go for single dps?

3.) Iron Maidens - CE+A or S+CB? I personally find S+CB much more powerfull, with Storm, Earth & Fire up all the time.
    3.1) In case you are playing as me, have you tested, if chi wave deals more damage with your copies, than Zen Sphere? Because Zen sphere is going to be casted by yourself only and not by your copies.
    3.2) RJW? Anyone? I don't think it's good, prove me wrong.

4.) Beast Lord - CE+A or S+CB?
    4.1) May be on this fight this burst from our Hurricane Strike or whatever this tallent is called from last tier may be useful to clear adds fast? Or those dumbasses, which get pinned down? However, this doesn't happen often.
    4.2) Chi Burst for adds wave? Worth or not?

5.) Trains
    5.1) Chi burst or Zen Sphere?
    5.2) Xuen or Chi Torpedo?

So far, seems like it is all, what i was curious about.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't make a PM to you Babylonius. I watched your stream and had a look at your logs from 11.3.15 (can't post link, sorry).

1.) Why did you go ChiEx on Flamebender?
    2.) Why did you go Chi Wave and not Chi Burst on Gruul? IMO there are many possibilities to use it. Either, when you teleported back, to have range from your teammates after knockup, or just to heal the other/your group after slice.
    3.) ChiEx or Serenity on Furnance? Many people write different things. What is the difference and when/why you need take this or that?
    4.) Why Chi Wave and not Chi Burst on Beastlord?
    5.) How do you use Chi Torpedo on Thogar? Just rolls 3 times back and forth?
    6.) Also, how good is ChiEx on Thogar? In some guides they say it is better Serenity, in others ChiEx. What/why/where?

Overall. I red few posts, where it was said, that Zen Sphere deals more damage than Chi Wave. Why you pick Chi Wave and not Zen Sphere? Booth are instant cast and you can macro it in 1 button for 2 targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DenvilX View Post
    I can't make a PM to you Babylonius. I watched your stream and had a look at your logs from 11.3.15 (can't post link, sorry).

1.) Why did you go ChiEx on Flamebender?
    2.) Why did you go Chi Wave and not Chi Burst on Gruul? IMO there are many possibilities to use it. Either, when you teleported back, to have range from your teammates after knockup, or just to heal the other/your group after slice.
    3.) ChiEx or Serenity on Furnance? Many people write different things. What is the difference and when/why you need take this or that?
    4.) Why Chi Wave and not Chi Burst on Beastlord?
    5.) How do you use Chi Torpedo on Thogar? Just rolls 3 times back and forth?
    6.) Also, how good is ChiEx on Thogar? In some guides they say it is better Serenity, in others ChiEx. What/why/where?

Overall. I red few posts, where it was said, that Zen Sphere deals more damage than Chi Wave. Why you pick Chi Wave and not Zen Sphere? Booth are instant cast and you can macro it in 1 button for 2 targets.
    1) Cleaving down the dogs was most important to our strat, so CX does that.
    2) Chi Wave does more dps than Chi Burst on Gruul
    3) It depends on what your guild needs, if you want to make sure the kill target (boss/pyromancers) die quickly then Serenity is the way to go, if you want to kill everythign quickly then CX.
    4) I was asked by my raid leader to focus on the boss, CX does more damage for that.
    5) I roll once forward and once back, 3 times may be more dps, but then your out of position unless you jump.
    6) Like Flamebender and Beastlord, it depends on what your guild wants to focus on. If you need to kill Man@Arms and Flamebender(?) faster then CX is the way to go, same with adds. If you want to focus Thogar, then go Serenity.

I have been sticking with Chi Wave because its what I know, my Razer Naga mouse doesnt allow modifiers and I'd rather not change a keybinding I've had for years, I haven't had to time to implement a bar switching macro.

Sorry to jump in, couple of questions regarding this post that i find a bit confusing :
    - How do you fit in chi torpedo with either Chiex build or Serenity build ? is there a priority list ?
    - Is it confirmed that zen sphere is better for single target than chi wave ? and is chi burst better on multi target than both zen sphere and chi wave ?
    - How do you fit zen sphere / chi burst with serenity / chiex build ?
    - how do you fit chi burst with chi torpedo if chi burst is the talent to be used for multi target ?
    - Do you enchant/gem/ gear up for haste to buff chi burst ( reduce the cast time ) ?
    - Is there a guide for ww best specs on mythic difficulty ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudio View Post
    Sorry to jump in, couple of questions regarding this post that i find a bit confusing :
    - How do you fit in chi torpedo with either Chiex build or Serenity build ? is there a priority list ?
    - Is it confirmed that zen sphere is better for single target than chi wave ? and is chi burst better on multi target than both zen sphere and chi wave ?
    - how do you fit chi burst with chi torpedo if chi burst is the talent to be used for multi target ?
    - Do you enchant/gem/ gear up for haste to buff chi burst ( reduce the cast time ) ?
    - The fights where its useful there are small windows to use it, so you use it then. When adds spawn on Beastlord, or jump off the train on Thogar, roll in and roll out.
    - Yes, Yes
    - Same place that Chi Wave fits, on CD as long as it doesn't delay RSK/FoF
    - Roll In, Roll Out, Chi Burst or visa versa
    - Difference is negligible. If you set up for haste, you're not doing it for Chi Burst, you're doing it for Chi Explosion
    - A lot of it depends on what your guild wants/needs, but a quick search of the forums would turn up this thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...RF+tips+tricks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    4) I was asked by my raid leader to focus on the boss, CX does more damage for that.
    I asked [4.) Why Chi Wave and not Chi Burst on Beastlord?]. Did you mean Chi Wave instead of CX? Or you answered other question?

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked [4.) Why Chi Wave and not Chi Burst on Beastlord?]. Did you mean Chi Wave instead of CX? Or you answered other question?
    Yeah, Chi Wave was what I meant.

Deleted
    patch 6.1
    not using zen sphere
    that's it guys

-How do you fit in chi torpedo with either Chiex build or Serenity build ? is there a priority list ?

Well depends what your task is, in my opinion thogar adds just die increadbly fast so i see no point using chitorpedos if u got FoF n trinkets upp etc. On Beastlord normal/heroic the adds just disapears if u got a decent group, so no point going chi torpedo here but could be a option on mythic, with chiburst.

-Is it confirmed that zen sphere is better for single target than chi wave ? and is chi burst better on multi target than both zen sphere and chi wave ?

Zen sphere is better on singletarget if u can handle it, would not recommend it for newbies. chiburst aint better on multitarget, lets say maidens? but its fairly even, and way easier to handle so its recommended. Chiburst also outdps chiwave and ZS on fights where its spawning adds, (Kromog/Thogar/beastlord) Furnace is viable going it, but ZS will out dps it if used correctly. fights like Oregorger i recommend going chiwave since it could be abit waiting.

If you know for a fact, you are going to outdmg a extremly good use of chiwave with ZS, thats when you switch, teaching people how to use ZS is just not possible, its all about practise.

Chiburst>chitorpedo, only point where chitorpedo is viable, is on some mythic fights tbh.

No we do enchant/gem gear with multistrike/haste because its just op. haste barely effect chiburst

Gruul( serenity/chibrew,ZS/chiwave) oregorger (Serenity/chibrew/chiwave/ZS), Blast furnace (chiex/ascension, ZS/chiburst or serenity/chibrew zs/chiburst for high primal dps), Beastlord ( depends what your raid need, but its recommend going serenity, chiburst/chitorpedo(or xuen), thogar(serenity, chiburst, chitorpedo/xuen. Chiex is perhaps more viable for add cleaving. ) maidens, (chiex,ascension, ZS/chiburst), Hans n frans ( Chiex,asencion,zs, or serenity both very good, depends what you can handle best), flamebender is both specs good, depends what your raid needs, kromog (serenity, chiburst). Blackhand (serenity,ZS)

Thank you for the feedback. What i meant by my questions is an actual theocrafting; meaning i.e should i go for chiex on 4 stacks or prioritize chi burst, if the fight length is 10 min, which spell to prioritize ? do i have to use ZS on myself or on another person before the pull ? having i.e FOF,4Chiex, chi torpedo and chu burst off cd, what is the priority
    The main thread about ww monks is not yet updated, any good source to look at ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the feedback. What i meant by my questions is an actual theocrafting; meaning i.e should i go for chiex on 4 stacks or prioritize chi burst, if the fight length is 10 min, which spell to prioritize ? do i have to use ZS on myself or on another person before the pull ? having i.e FOF,4Chiex, chi torpedo and chu burst off cd, what is the priority
    The main thread about ww monks is not yet updated, any good source to look at ?
    Chi Burst before using CX, fight length is mostly irrelevant
    Cast ZS on yourself before the pull
    Assuming the adds are neatly in a group: Chi Torpedo x2 > FoF > Chi Burst > 4CX

Cheers!.

1.) Blast Furnance - CE+A or S+CB?
    1.1) Will you get Rushing Jade Wind or other tallent? RJW - really much energy. Xuen also deals aoe damage, but long cd. Chi Torpedo - haven't tested.
    1.2) Do you use Strom, Earth & FIre? If yes, on which targets? Melee focuses on engineers, so you just send copies to the large minion and Foreman?
    1.3) Is it worth getting Chi Burst instead of Zen Sphere on this fight?

2.) Twins - CE+A or S+CB?
    2.1.) Do you use Storm, Earth & Fire on 2nd boss or just go for single dps?

3.) Iron Maidens - CE+A or S+CB? I personally find S+CB much more powerfull, with Storm, Earth & Fire up all the time.
    3.1) In case you are playing as me, have you tested, if chi wave deals more damage with your copies, than Zen Sphere? Because Zen sphere is going to be casted by yourself only and not by your copies.
    3.2) RJW? Anyone? I don't think it's good, prove me wrong.

4.) Beast Lord - CE+A or S+CB?
    4.1) May be on this fight this burst from our Hurricane Strike or whatever this tallent is called from last tier may be useful to clear adds fast? Or those dumbasses, which get pinned down? However, this doesn't happen often.
    4.2) Chi Burst for adds wave? Worth or not?

5.) Trains
    5.1) Chi burst or Zen Sphere?
    5.2) Xuen or Chi Torpedo?
    I'll just quote this and try to bring my POV on the whole topic.
    First, don't get stuck in the idea thats its CB+S or A+CX. CB+CX is a very solid build too, specially on shorter fights.
    On Furnace for example, you'll have times where you need to deal a lot of damage and times where you are just chilling as a melee, cleaving a couple firecallers and doing interrupts. Chi brew allows you to have a very strong opener on operators/first cleave on P1, and then to pull chi to properly burst Elementalists P2. Its a good talent for when you have periods where you don't deal as much and periods of high damage. Another example is Hans&Franz, where you wanna deal damage when both are up and can't deal much while Franzok is jumping around.

1) Blast furnace: I personally go for CX+CB, but have been called out cos I sometimes didn't deal enough on elementalists. Keep in mind that having 5 chi, one CB stack, 10 TEB stacks and FOF followed by a touch of death up means a lot of damage on elementalists allready. You have to get ready for it in advance. Rushing jade wind is rarely the right solution, specially here on furnace: you rarely have 3 valuable targets up, there is allways a most important one and xuens burst during an elementalist is more valuable. For mythic progress i'll probably spec into serenity.
    I keep Feldspath in my focus, SEF him most of the time. During most of P1 I keep as many SEF's up as possible cos that increases your damage overall by a lot.
    Use Chi burst if you intend to usef SEF. It can interfere with zen spheres a lot, and is a really strong talent for this fight anyways.

2) Hans and Franz is the typical fight where you want Chi explosion, for many reasons. Their health bars are linked, so you wanna keep SEF up on the one you're not targeting. Its a huge gain of dps, if you don't get why you might wanna check other monk threads first. The only phase where serenity could compete with ChiEx is when one boss is untargetable, and during that one being able to use ChiEx from 30 yards is a lot more valuable.

3) Unless you're doing hardcore mythic progression and your guild asked you to burst as you enter 20% phase, there is no way you shouldn't be using Chi Explosion. I know its not a good thing to base your judgement on, but man just look at warcraftlogs.
    Zen sphere is casted by your copies, except they can't target anyone but the boss they are on, which means they'll refresh the zen sphere buff on themselves and it'll never detonate, which is a huge dps loss. Your best bet is to use chi burst.

4) On Beastlord there are two things your RL might ask you to do as a WW. Either you're on spear duty, where you run around refreshing SEF on spears, TODing them on CD and maybe using CX, not even sure. Or you're on boss, try to take your share of add cleaving when they pop. Your best bet here is to go for serenity, its ensured dps no matter if you're on boss or spears. Don't glyph TOD, don't try to use it on adds: the beast's deaths will line up with its CD well enough.
    Go for Chi Burst for adds, this is the best case scenario for it. You might wanna go for velocity+chi torpedo as well.

5) Chi burst, Chi torpedo is perfect.

For Chi torpedo, you should practive jumprolling asap. You lose an important second on adds if you torpedo all the way.

Deleted
    Since my last progression, chiex is hilariously powerfull on twins.
    What is jumprolling? And which spec you shall go on maidens, if you are asked to go the ship?

Deleted
    Jumprolling refers to jumping and casting roll/chi torpedo at the same time, this means you can cast the spell and move not at all for roll and not as much for torpedo.
    This was useful for roll as the pvp 2 set bonus reduced the energy cost of jab when you cast roll, and useful now for chi torpedo.

If you're asked to go on the ship if you really really really needed the single target you should probably go brew/serenity, I'm on the ships on mythic on my windwalker and I still just use ChiX and ascension and am top damage on them.

Deleted
    Oh, didn't know it is named so. Is it profitable? Because if you are going with chi torpedo, you need this range, to hit maximal amount of enemies, as well as you an just roll back, to get to your old position. Other thing, when you cut your distance, you will bassicallyjust hit this range, which you covered. Is it so, or there are some hidden mechanics?

Deleted
    Oh, didn't know it is named so. Is it profitable? Because if you are going with chi torpedo, you need this range, to hit maximal amount of enemies, as well as you an just roll back, to get to your old position. Other thing, when you cut your distance, you will bassicallyjust hit this range, which you covered. Is it so, or there are some hidden mechanics?
    Many guilds use DKs to grip the adds together, so the additional range isn't really needed. I personally prefer Torpedo + Torpedo back too, because a lot of the time we don't have one or he doesn't use his grip. Especially on Thogar the adds are spread far without a grip.
    And yes, it is profitable especially when you have only one charge on CT ready.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2015-03-23 at 10:59 AM.