ElvUI Boons and Flaws

ElvUI gets tossed around a lot as a great out of the box interface revamp. I've always struggled getting my interface as I like it and some expansions have gone better than others. WOD is...not going great. What are some of the best and worst things others have experienced with ElvUI?

Thanks in advance!

I use elvui for raid frames, buff bars and action bars. It's also nice to only have to update one addon instead of a ton.

I don't use any of the skins. Who wants a pure black interface? lol

Best thing: one addon to update. Worst thing: one addon to do everything.

You may or may not like the skin.

This is roughly the same as every other full UI replacement, such as supervilain, Lui, etc.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    Who wants a pure black interface? lol
    You know you can change it, right? Besides, what's so funny about people liking different things?

The best thing about elvUI is the customization

I turned many action bars, micro bar, minimap buttons into "Mouse over display" saving me places on the screen.
    I also like their Unitframe options. I could hide the raid buffs, enlarge icons, limit rows of debuff on boss which doesn't enhance decision making. It's the best out there. It's weird as SUF, a very popular addon has limited options on how to show buff. I can't even see my target's mount with SUF.
    The back drop feature is awesome, it makes action bars look elegant, clean, crispy without any Artwork addons.
    The datatext on both side of the screen work flawlessly, I can click on the "durability" text to open my character screen. clicking on the time shows calendar.
    the raid frame work exactly like Blizzard's with debuff count and such. I do not understand why ppl install Grid and have to go all the way to make it show debuffs.

The flaw is the look.
    I hate that grey theme. I do think Blizzard's original artwork is beautiful, fit to the game. ElvUI reworks them to look dull. I feel more like doing a job than playing a video game.
    I hate the fonts, I had to swap all fonts back to Blizzard's. They look 1000 times better than ElvUI's