Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smothered Hope View Post
    Those weakauras in the OP still can't be copy/pasted. Can you please fix them? I really want the BRF one.
    Hmm, at what point is it not working for you? Can you not copy them off the page? (I can)

Are you using Weak Auras 2 and the 'import' function?

Do they not work once imported? (Worked for me, testing again now)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Smothered Hope View Post
    Those weakauras in the OP still can't be copy/pasted. Can you please fix them? I really want the BRF one.
    Looks like there's a weird bug on the forums that adds spaces/new lines to the string. Here's a Pastebin of it fixed. http://pastebin.com/5kEkXjC1
    Twintops can be found on H2P as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Looks like there's a weird bug on the forums that adds spaces/new lines to the string. Here's a Pastebin of it fixed. http://pastebin.com/5kEkXjC1
    Twintops can be found on H2P as well.
    Hmm, maybe I'll just replace the spoilers with the pastebin link if you don't mind - should be more reliable than a spoiler tag

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Hmm, maybe I'll just replace the spoilers with the pastebin link if you don't mind - should be more reliable than a spoiler tag
    Fine with me, All I did was strip the spaces out of it with a text editor. Seems more reliable anyways.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Anyone has a good and simple WA2 tracker for incoming orbs from the shadow apparitions?

Googled one but it's really not that good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you using Twintop's Otro?

If not, here

I should add it to the guide as well actually, I mentioned it but didn't link.

Will check that one tonight, thanks!

I've got Darmac's mythic trinket in one slot which I'm happy with and a choice between 670 Blackhand's Micro Crucible wowhead.com/item=113984 and 670 Sandman's Pouch wowhead.com/item=112320/sandmans-pouch&bonus=527 in the other.

Should I switch between Sandman for AS fights and Micro for CoP or just roll with Micro for everything? I've chosen to just save money rather than upgrading Sandman because I'm rolling on Soul Repository every week both normal and heroic.

Twintop's list shows Micro as better overall but Sandman might be better when using AS?

Cheers.

15+ Year Old Account
    For AS alone, Blackhands will be trivially better. So much so that, if you like the Crit/Orb spikes from Sandman's - I'd say use Sandman's over Blackhand: they will work out to be virtually the same for you. However, you may want to re-consider the upgrade - 685 Sandman's is better than 685 Darmac's for example - it's a solid upgrade.

I also suspect that since they intend at least 6 upgrade levels for Sandman's, it may be worth upgrading into next tier as well - so while your 685 trinkets now will eventually rot - a Sandman's upgrade might be with you all expansion: especcially if future fights continue to favour AS.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-04-28 at 08:31 AM.

^That helps very much, thank you.

I'm just worrying about how fucked off I'm going to be if I spend 30k upgrading my trinket and then Goren drops tomorrow on heroic or I get it in a cache in a week's time.

As AS on one target, I run into situations where VT is about to fall off and I'm still able to channel insanity. In a scenario where I can either extend my insanity further and let VT fall off for a second or two, or choose to refresh VT instead but be relegated to mind flay spam right after it, what should I do for the most damage?? I'm thinking extending insanity is the way to go since I lose out on a VT tick or two, but instead gain slightly more insanity damage as opposed to mind flaying, but I don't have any actual math behind this. What do you guys think?

you should never refresh dots during insanity. the only exception is in a situation where you can cast a SWP on a target that is about to become out of casting range, but can still be hit by shadow apparitions (such as hans and frans, though you generally don't use insanity on this fight for mobility reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    As AS on one target, I run into situations where VT is about to fall off and I'm still able to channel insanity. In a scenario where I can either extend my insanity further and let VT fall off for a second or two, or choose to refresh VT instead but be relegated to mind flay spam right after it, what should I do for the most damage?? I'm thinking extending insanity is the way to go since I lose out on a VT tick or two, but instead gain slightly more insanity damage as opposed to mind flaying, but I don't have any actual math behind this. What do you guys think?
    You reapply the VT, then channel mind flay. VT has a higher DPET than mf:i.

Quote Originally Posted by Haikus View Post
    It has a higher DPET because it lasts 15 seconds. The question is to delay VT for 2 GCDs, not to avoid casting it altogether for the next 15 seconds. For 2 GCDs (one MFI cast):

~3 tics of VT (you'll lose one tic for letting VT drop) = 87.75% SP
    4 tics of MFI = (263.4%)*(1+%mastery) SP

So I'd channel that last MFi.

Quote Originally Posted by Haikus View Post
    lazy thinking, you completely lose ticks of insanity for an inconsequential delay in VT. only time this is relevant is when targets go periodically untargetable (hans/frans).

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    lazy thinking, you completely lose ticks of insanity for an inconsequential delay in VT. only time this is relevant is when targets go periodically untargetable (hans/frans).
    The better question is why you're letting VT fall off at all, You can refresh it at 6 seconds left (4+ gcd's depending on haste) without any negative effects.

because you can absolutely have situations where your best dps option is to continue casting mb/dp/insanity instead of VT with AS - and you just use your next 'filler' gcd to get VT back up.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    because you can absolutely have situations where your best dps option is to continue casting mb/dp/insanity instead of VT with AS - and you just use your next 'filler' gcd to get VT back up.
    If you're playing properly, that situation will never happen on single target. Multi, sure. And then you just don't care about VT anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Theminger View Post
    ^That helps very much, thank you.

I'm just worrying about how fucked off I'm going to be if I spend 30k upgrading my trinket and then Goren drops tomorrow on heroic or I get it in a cache in a week's time.
    I bought the upgrade for my Sandman trinket but didn't apply it, waiting for our Oregorger kill... and the trinket dropped for me with a socket! So I re-sold the crafting upgrade and all was well.