Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sethe trinket is performing well for AS. Some priests got it and it was doing about 10% of their damage. For example dyre was able to get one and it did great on Xhul'horac.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16

But it is a chancey RNG thing with it proc'ing with adds alive, lined up, etc etc.

So I'd agree with Yvaelle that goren + piston is the best choice for heroic.

Hello my shadow priest friends, i need some help with WA if its possible, at the moment i use WA for MB and shadow fiend from shadow priest guide from summonstone anyone can assist me by making a similar WA for DP with the glow etc thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Ok so I got normal class trinket, but I guess it's still a downgrade from both mythic BRF trinkets for CoP and AS according to Twintop's settings in AMR say it's a slight downgrade.

Anyone know if this is true?
    I have the normal RoW trinket (705) and two Mythic trinkets: 706 Darmac's and 700 GSR. My gear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fyrix/advanced

1. RoW is virtually unusable for AS, as any target swaps nullify its benefits. Significant DPS loss.
    2. In full single target scenarios with CoP and Mindbender + 2pc + RoW + Darmac's: 46090
    3. In full single target scenarios with CoP and Insanity + 2pc + RoW + Darmac's: 48972.9
    4. In full single target scenarios with CoP and Mindbender + 2pc + RoW + GSR: 47155
    5. In full single target scenarios with CoP and Insanity+ 2pc + RoW + GSR: 46581

EDIT with sim data: It appears that CoP + RoW + Insanity is the way to go for single target.

There's an additional wrinkle here. The 2pc tier bonus makes Mindbender pretty strong, while this trinket clearly synergizes with Insanity. With the trinket, Insanity is superior. Without the trinket, Mindbender wins out.
    Last edited by Felshatner; 2015-06-29 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Hello my shadow priest friends, i need some help with WA if its possible, at the moment i use WA for MB and shadow fiend from shadow priest guide from summonstone anyone can assist me by making a similar WA for DP with the glow etc thanks
    Wouldn't be to hard. If you can wait for a bit I can put one together after work.

I got heroic seethe today and it was performing very well. On ST with COP it was 7-8% of my overall damage so my guess is that it will be awesome for both AS and COP aswell as ST and clumped aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I got heroic seethe today and it was performing very well. On ST with COP it was 7-8% of my overall damage so my guess is that it will be awesome for both AS and COP aswell as ST and clumped aoe.
    It's decent for CoP ST with no adds. For AS though, i'll be rocking GSR and Piston for awhile.

I want to thank Yvaelle for the guide, really well made guide and very informative

Few days ago i got free hand from my raid leader to roll any class/spec i want, his motto is ''Bring the player not the class'', after thinking for a while i decide to go with Shadow priest, i always regret when i reroll from Shadow priest to rogue in MoP but my guild need a rogue at that time so i decide to go with the rogue, now im free to chose and of course i went with SP,but i will not lie, im overwhelm with the complains about how bad the Shadow priest are at dps, while my guild is not really competitive (probably we will only kill 1,2 or 3 bosses in mythic by the end of the tier) i don't want to be a dead weight, my question is for active Shadow priest, its really worth to bring a Shadow priest over other cloth even in none-competitive environment?

For my second question, i want to clarify something if i get it right and that's CoT rotation, now from what i understand from other guides, we have 2 talents, first is CoT which is our standard single target talent and then we have AS which is our standard multi dotting talent, now im really confuse with CoT rotation

From what i get the rotation is simple, spam MS/MB till 4 orbs, in the time your MB is on CD apply SWP and VT, by the time you are done MB should be off CD, use MB, apply DP and spam insanity till MB if off CD then repeat it again, im i right?

For AS, seem to be your standard multy dotting rotation, your base dots on main target while use SWP on other target and spam DP on main target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    That staff has the most int out of any combination of weapons. Int is king, secondary stats are well secondary. Spur of the Great Devourer isn't a bad alternative though.
    No, crit is king. At higher gear, crit will surpass int. At least for the AS spec.

Hey guys, so are these the trinkets to use this tier?

AS single target = RoW + Prophecy of fear
    AS multi-target = Piston + Seethe

Is this right? and for CoP -

CoP single target = RoW + Prophecy

Or would shadowmoon insignia do more for CoP than prophecy?

I'm considering running http://www.wowhead.com/item=112320/s...ouch&bonus=618 and Piston until I get my RoW.

AS ST should be RoW + Piston
    AS MT should be Piston + Seethe

CoP is RoW + Prophecy as you said. For the less movement fights, Tyrant is a good one, Shadowmoon may pull ahead.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I'd bother running RoW for AS-ST, it's not a very satisfying trinket.

I'd have to parse to see what happens at different gear levels, but I suspect Mythic Goren might still be better than Heroic RoW for AS-ST

(715 Sandman's Pouch maybe too?)

For the Sethe trinket just remember you need to keep repositioning to make sure you have all the mobs in a line, so you're getting the most out of the multi-procs (think of it like Divine Star positioning).

If you aren't doing that, or if you can't do that, then the value of the Sethe trinket is going to be much lower in practice then it will appear in sims (where the sim is assuming you are hitting all active targets at a time - an unrealistic expectation for reality).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Do you know the range of the seethe trinket? Like do the adds need to be on top of the boss or is it really similar to Divine Star?

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you know the range of the seethe trinket? Like do the adds need to be on top of the boss or is it really similar to Divine Star?
    I haven't got it yet so I can't do tests.

If anyone has it, I would like to test both the travel length and width of the beam!

I have it. How would you suggest testing it? I magine its max range.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have it. How would you suggest testing it? I magine its max range.
    If you have two dummies, you can test the width by hitting the farthest dummy, with the closer dummy at various angles off the midline between you and your target (eyeball it).

If you attack the target dummy, you can test the proc range by seeing if the proc fully extends to the dummy from max range (and hits the intercepting dummy)

Deleted
    Hi guys. Im a returning shadow priest, ive not mained a shadow priest since Dragon soul so would any of the more experienced among you mind answering a few questions for me?

1. Do we still need to interrupt insanity to cast Mind blast if it comes off cool down?
    2. Same question but this time if we get in the situation where dots are about to fall off during insanity channel, do we interrupt insanity to recast them?
    3 Whats the general target threshold for insanity(1-2?) Surge of darkness(3-4?) and bender (4+?)
    4. If 2 targets and we are using Insanity, would we interrupt insanity for dots that fall off our focus target?

Thanks alot guys. Take care
    -greg

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    If you have two dummies, you can test the width by hitting the farthest dummy, with the closer dummy at various angles off the midline between you and your target (eyeball it).

If you attack the target dummy, you can test the proc range by seeing if the proc fully extends to the dummy from max range (and hits the intercepting dummy)
    Oh ok, I had planned on doing something like that. I'll test it today and post feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowbane View Post
    Hi guys. Im a returning shadow priest, ive not mained a shadow priest since Dragon soul so would any of the more experienced among you mind answering a few questions for me?

1. Do we still need to interrupt insanity to cast Mind blast if it comes off cool down?
    2. Same question but this time if we get in the situation where dots are about to fall off during insanity channel, do we interrupt insanity to recast them?
    3 Whats the general target threshold for insanity(1-2?) Surge of darkness(3-4?) and bender (4+?)
    4. If 2 targets and we are using Insanity, would we interrupt insanity for dots that fall off our focus target?

Thanks alot guys. Take care
    -greg
    1. Yes except if SW is available and you won't have time to finish your MB cast.
    2. If you are talented for AS, yes. Currently Insanity is near the bottom in priority. There is a sweet spot and if you manage it well you'll never have your dots fall off. Basically hold on to DP unless you are capped at orbs until your dots have 8+ seconds left.
    3. It depends on the fight. The only fight in HFC we aren't taking insanity on is Council as you won't have anytime to channel it. Every other fight has a bunch of adds that you dot up and DP + Insanity burn the priority target.
    4. Yes, although you should be able to avoid the situation by timing your dots. Taking AS orbs into consideration you may get a string of lucky crits and cause you to summon 4-5 Shadow Apparitions.

Deleted
    Thanks very much mate, so basically you pretty much interrupt insanity for everything? if your playing like a gimp and letting shit fall off ofc?'

Basically. The only time you don't is if that target will die before your dots reach half their duration and would then be a DPS loss to redot. That depends on your raid DPS, and you have to judge that on the fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    715 Sandman's Pouch maybe too?
    Convinced my RL that a stage 6 Pouch is a DPS gain, should be getting it very soon

Deleted
    Guys was wondering... do you think it's worth to swap 4p mythic t17 set with 2p hc t18 set? I'm starting to think that maybe it's not worth it until i have 4p t18 set... what do you think?