Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    First they would need to reduce our hit by 17%, so we had a reason to need +Hit
    Well obviously, Blizzard giveth and Blizzard taketh away, and then just keeps takenedething

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    There is a tactic that can be used on any fight where a boss becomes an invalid target for a time. The theory goes like this.

I can save PI for the boss only, and consider the intermediate phase a "don't care" as long as we get past it. PI is used/saved only for the boss, in such a way that my uptime on said buff becomes greater than it would be on a standard fight (against the boss only). This will place more priority DPS against the boss, and allow you to hit certain DPS goals. For example, if you want to reduce the number of bomb phases that you get - then you would look for ways to increase boss damage at the expense of bomb damage, assuming your raid can get past the bombs regardless of your personal DPS.

I've used this tactic on a number of fights over the past few expansions. It is still valid, and always will be. It's one of the best (and in this expansion, perhaps only) uses for PI.

Oregorger was a similar boss where this tactic could be used, to try to limit the number of rolling phases you would get.

After you overgear the fight, there's very little point to doing this, as overall it probably won't result in the best DPS. This is purely a glass chew technique. But IMO should be considered fairly standard and well-known.

It's also possible that this person was just farting around, and happened to get a kill with it. Never rule out the most simple explanation.
    Except on Mythic the bombs continue to drop during the ground phase, so you can have really good uptime on Twist of Fate. I'm not sure I believe that Hanno was doing anything more than experimenting with the trinket and PI on a farm fight.
    Last edited by bicycle; 2015-07-24 at 01:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    Except on Mythic the bombs continue to drop during the ground phase, so you can have really good uptime on Twist of Fate. I'm not sure I believe that Hanno was doing anything more than experimenting with the trinket and PI on a farm fight.
    ^ My belief as well.

Plus, maximizing ring burst is fun - and PI certainly helps with that
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Ran into a shadow priest in a pug who used spectral guise on Mannaroth - asked her why (since, to my knowledge it does literally nothing on that fight) and was met with a strange level of condescension "seriously?" "the top shadow priests use it" "look up what spectral guise does " -- basically everything except actually telling me what the benefit to using it was for that fight, even when I said I just wanted to learn/improve.

So..... am I an idiot who doesn't know what spectral guise does, or is this just a case of pugs ?

Its generally believed that you can pop it before the gaze and you won't be targeted. Personally, I just take the hit.

Deleted
    need help, this forum is so much more compitent than battle.net
    What am i doing wrong? i am just pulling out 20-30k dps single target and it is awk...
    eu . battle . net/ wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Hankmoodyxqt/simple
    My rotation is:
    MS
    MS
    MB
    MS
    VT
    SW:P
    MB
    DP
    Insanity
    Insanity
    MB
    MS
    VT
    MB
    DP

and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriest _sucks_ at single target.

Plain and simple.
    Best action to prevent depression: disable recount on single target fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Spriest _sucks_ at single target.

Plain and simple.
    Best action to prevent depression: disable recount on single target fights.
    ill say that to the guild leader and pray then lol

Quote Originally Posted by Riffelz View Post
    need help, this forum is so much more compitent than battle.net
    What am i doing wrong? i am just pulling out 20-30k dps single target and it is awk...
    eu . battle . net/ wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Hankmoodyxqt/simple
    -snip-

and so on.
    Here you go.

Short hand as well.

Keep in mind, this is for T18.

At 690 you should easily be pulling 35k + on ST fights. Also Halo is only really good for one fight in HFC, that being fel lord, every other boss you'll get better usage out of cascade.

My rotation is:
    MS
    MS
    MB
    MS
    VT
    MB
    DP
    Insanity
    Insanity
    MB
    MS
    VT
    MB
    DP
    You dot weave rotation is wrong as well.

You should go

1. MS/MB until 4 orbs
    2. MS
    3. MS
    4. SW: P
    5. MB (5 orbs)
    6. VT
    7. DP (2 orbs)
    8. MB (3 orbs)
    9. 5-6 ticks of insanity
    10. MB (4 orbs)
    11 Filler (Cascade/PW: S)
    12. DP (1 orb)
    13. Insanity
    14. MB (2 orbs)
    15. Insanity
    16. MB (3 orbs)
    17. go to step 1
    Last edited by Djriff; 2015-07-25 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added what I believe to be the T17 2pc Dotweave rotation

This. Is. Beautiful. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogchow View Post

This. Is. Beautiful. Have fun!
    They have the t17 2pc which reduces the cd of mb when you cast dp. The chart doesnt account for that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Here you go.

Short hand as well.

Keep in mind, this is for T18.

At 690 you should easily be pulling 35k + on ST fights. Also Halo is only really good for one fight in HFC, that being fel lord, every other boss you'll get better usage out of cascade.

You dot weave rotation is wrong as well.

You should go

*snip*
    Thanks, but 1 question. with 24% crit (one ring unenchanted (no gold)) should i go AS? and how does that effect my rotation?

Thanks, but 1 question. with 24% crit (one ring unenchanted (no gold)) should i go AS? and how does that effect my rotation?
    You don't really "go AS" for every fight, at least not until you're HFC mythic geared. Stay CoP for single target fights and go AS for fights with a handful of adds that are alive for 10+ seconds.

I suggest you check out summonstone.com's guide on shadow or http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...st-pve-primer/ for more help.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...672916/latest/ Warlock logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...437974/latest/ Spriest logs
    Clickzzy <Akatsuki>-Kil'Jaeden Semi-hardcore progression guild.

Hello... So currently I have mythic earthripple shoulderpads with a socket and as I look at the gear available to me and the T18 4-piece bonus I am really having a hard time just deciding how long I should keep these shoulders and my T17 chest+helm. The T18 shoulders give no crit and I am also losing crit swapping out my T17 helm for the T18 helm.... Basically what I am asking is losing about 5% crit and T17 2-piece worth it to gain T18 4-piece? I have normal manno pants that I can replace my current T18 pants with. Should I keep the earthripple shoulders and use the T18 pants?.....This is way longer than I wanted it to be... Here is my character....
    Thanks,
    Three

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Threehunna/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlee3 View Post
    You don't really "go AS" for every fight, at least not until you're HFC mythic geared. Stay CoP for single target fights and go AS for fights with a handful of adds that are alive for 10+ seconds.

I suggest you check out summonstone.com's guide on shadow or http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...st-pve-primer/ for more help.
    Hmmm I don't think you need to be hfc mythic geared for AS to be pretty much viable (and better) on every boss in hfc. I'm 13/13hc myself, 4p t18, and I got over 34% crit raid buffed. I gotta admit I never go COP because even if COP might be better on the paper on 2-3 bosses, the problem with cop/dotweaving is that it's much less forgiving if you make a mistake than AS.

If he has 24% crit raidbuffed I guess he might go COP for some bosses, if its unbuffed it's much less painful to stay AS all the time...

Go CoP and Insanity. Sear and execute trash. ToF is a default, but if you're just trying to max out your boss dps in an otherwise high-end group, take Power Infusion and save it for bosses. Do a "Cop Lite" rotation with PI+Heroism - ie old school shadow. Spike off the dots just before execute and go into an execute rotation. This is only for groups that are killing things so quickly that you barely have time to go into a rotation or anything, but if you're just trying to desperately "hang" with the other burst classes, that's about as good as we can do with it.
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2015-07-31 at 07:32 PM.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    Kilee25 i was also wondering about trash dps, i know it doesn't really mean anything but its always nice to look like your not completely incompetent to other classes that know jack shit about SP. Anyway would you consider mind harvest glyph to be a dps increase for mythic dungeon trash? with that i can see searing insanity being up near 100% on trash packs.

You could try it. It depends on your group and how fast they pull, and how well they are geared.

Also you have to keep in mind most groups won't stop and wait for you to change talents and glyphs out. That slows things down. Even switching to PI for a boss can be risky/bad as some groups like to just charge in, and then if the fight drags out, or there's adds, TOF would've been better anyway. Sometimes it's better to just go with a default setting and do your best.

Honestly, if things are dying and falling over, I wouldn't worry about it. If people are really outdpsing you by a lot, that sounds like a gear issue to me rather than a spec issue. CoP is pretty damn good at trash DPS, in my experience.

Deleted
    Ty kilee, and on a completely unrelated note, maybe you could help me with something, im trying to find out wht the dps difference is on single target with AS and mind bender and AS and insanity, both using 4 piece t18 and i cant find a sim for it, i actually dont really like insanity so was wondering if i would be nerfing myself to much by using bender with AS for single target. Anyway thanks mate.

According to Simcraft, in the T18 heroic AS set Mindbender will do more DPS in tier 18 on snigle target. I suspect this is due to the T18 set bonus, rather than something to do with GCD locking.

However, with your gear, insanity is beating out mindbender by about 3000 dps. You seem to have an awful lot of mastery for an AS set, and I'm sure that is skewing the results in favor of Insanity.

Deleted
    Ty alot mate appreciate your help in this