Poll: Would you buy a Warcraft III remake?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I don't understand why there'd be necessity for a "HD" remake for a game that already runs in HD and looks/plays just fine on it's own

People and their craze for unecessary remakes these days is astounding. The game exist, is very playable, has no hassles in it's installation/multiplayer (in fact has superior multiplayer thanks to it's LAN option, sorely lacking from new releases) and supports all modern and future resolutions. Just go play it damnit.
    WC 1 & 2 most definetly needs an HD edition. If they decided to do so, why not add in WC3? While WC3 alone doesn't need a remake, it can still benefit from sone touchups. The Halo MC collection gave amazing improvements to the Halo 2 game and the cut scenes.

Overall, a move like this from Blizz would be a profitable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalandros View Post
    Don't see the need. Warcraft 3 looks and plays perfectly fine. That SC2 mod actually looks worse in my opinion. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something's just missing.

@shokter: Your sig is awesome
    It just looks too clean. There's a certain grit to Warcraft III artstyle I enjoy. The SC2 mod seems too clean, too defined
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    Warcraft Saga:

A HD remake of the campaigns of 1 to Frozen Throne. Same engine, but some HD graphics, to make it like the original, but fresh.
    THAT would be a instant-buy and a huge money maker for Blizzard!
    i don't think they have to use the same engine
    i bet they could use the starcraft 2 or Heroes of the storm engine and still make it feel and look like the warcraft games and without having the engine limited

but combining all three warcraft games into one big game with hd graphics could be nice

I'd want the continuation of the story, one or two centuries after Wc3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Games that play fine on modern systems doesn't need remakes, they need a continuation. Although I don't think Blizzard is too keen on retconning 10 years of warcraft storylines.

No, but I don't like strategy games, so I'm probably not your target demographic.

I already own The Frozen Throne!

IMO a HD remake of Warcraft 1-3 (including big gameplay/map/lore updates for 1&2, with the original versions included for us purists) would be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Well, it would be awesome BUT! I think they really need to revamp WC1 and 2. Because jesus ... those Games did not age well.

Even if you do or do not agree with me - WC 1 and 2 in a new Engine or at least in the WC3 Engine would be pretty awesome.

WC3 is already being remade by fans using Valve's Dota2 tools, and most of the popular WC3 custom mods are also being actively developed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    WC3 is already being remade by fans using Valve's Dota2 tools, and most of the popular WC3 custom mods are also being actively developed there.
    Which mod is this? Because if you're talking about Warcraft: Armies of Azeroth I'm not sure where you're getting your information.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Why even have an HD remake at all?

Just make WCIII bnet2.0 compatible.
    There are less limitations on the Starcraft 2 engine than the Warcraft 3 one.