Question regarding character transfers

Hey guys,

We got a situation where one of our members is forced to stop playing WoW due to personal reasons. He's been a core raider since we started and we're certainly going to miss him. As he really doesn't like to part either (but has to) he wanted to help us in another way. He wants to donate his characters to the guild, to people who could greatly benefit from it and and to be an asset to the team.

Now my question is, is there any way to do this? I know normally it's only possible to transfer characters beween accounts with the same registered name, but maybe there is a way (ask blizzard?) for him to gift his characters to the guild. If anyoneone knows more about this, or has experience with it please reply.

Looking forward to the replies.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milu View Post
    Hey guys,

We got a situation where one of our members is forced to stop playing WoW due to personal reasons. He's been a core raider since we started and we're certainly going to miss him. As he really doesn't like to part either (but has to) he wanted to help us in another way. He wants to donate his characters to the guild, to people who could greatly benefit from it and and to be an asset to the team.

Now my question is, is there any way to do this? I know normally it's only possible to transfer characters beween accounts with the same registered name, but maybe there is a way (ask blizzard?) for him to gift his characters to the guild. If anyoneone knows more about this, or has experience with it please reply.

Looking forward to the replies.

Thanks in advance.
    No, sorry for direct answer, but no.

Your raid member has his own details on his account, that wont match any of yours. So all the user can do is give you all the gold/content. And you are not permitted to share/borrow accounts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Nope and you Dbags were actually going to take the guys characters? sounds like a daft thing to do even if he offered them.

Deleted
    Can you imagine the drama if the came back 3 months later and asked for his chars back?

if i were him id keep all my gold and stuff, ive never known someone who had to quit for personal reasons for more then a few years, many decide to pick up the game again later.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Can you imagine the drama if the came back 3 months later and asked for his chars back?

if i were him id keep all my gold and stuff, ive never known someone who had to quit for personal reasons for more then a few years, many decide to pick up the game again later.
    I don't understand giving away everything one built up if they are quiting
    How many threads are in here with people saying they gave up everything and now have to reroll and miss all that they had.
    Maybe one is quitting for good but things change and he might want to come back.
    I for one would rather come back to what I had and not start all over.
    I would tell this guildie to not choose the nuclear option and wreck and destroy all that he has made.
    Time is funny and what may seem like big reason one day is a small one the next.