Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Has there been an decade where something terrible hasn't happened and didn't last 10y

I'm not googling this because i'm 45 years old and hopefully retained some memories of the last 40 years or so. I'm going out on a hunch that the 80's was the last peaceful decade only because I experienced it first hand and it was awesome. I'm thinking also the 20's was pretty bad ass too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm not googling this because i'm 45 years old and hopefully retained some memories of the last 40 years or so. I'm going out on a hunch that the 80's was the last peaceful decade only because I experienced it first hand and it was awesome. I'm thinking also the 20's was pretty bad ass too.
    80's was not peaceful, you are out of touch with reality.

Which 80s are you thinking of, the 480s?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Which 80s are you thinking of, the 480s?
    1980's of course. Best decade ever.

Why is it the best decade ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    hormomes..awesome music..no wars.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why is it the best decade ever?
    Cause he didn't grow up in Afghanistan.

There has never been a time on earth without war.... BUT recently there has been a time without conquering other countries lands till Russia took a bit of Ukraine
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    hormomes..awesome music..no wars.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...0.E2.80.931989

Think twice

The 80s weren't that bad though.
    Music was still great, but started to slowly decline right there already.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

oh yeah with Tiananmen...intifada...lebanon...sudan/darfur...iran/iraq...falklands...afghanistan v1...el salvador...air india...pan am 103...western europe missiles...john lennon...and so on...

80s was such a nice time!

10+ Year Old Account
    no wars.
    Iran/Iraq?
    Lebanon?
    Sudan?
    Panama?
    Liberia?
    India?
    THE LEAD IN TO DESERT STORM?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...0.E2.80.931989

Think twice

The 80s weren't that bad though.

Music was still great, but started to slowly decline right there already.
    yeah I remember that falklands war. that was kinda funny when I think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US couldn't resist to join that comedy show in the 80s, by invading Panama lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The US couldn't resist to join that comedy show in the 80s, by invading Panama lol
    and Grenada.

"hey there's like a bunch of tiny countries south of us we can push around!"

Deleted
    yeah "funny" thats a good way to describe a war forced upon a land... wtf dude

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    and Grenada.

"hey there's like a bunch of tiny countries south of us we can push around!"
    Grenada was a good one too yes.

Afghanistan started in the 80's if memory serves. Soviets were in charge, led to their eventual downfall. Now they're all gone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4n4 View Post
    it was, point and fact perceived as funny back then.
    What was funny on that?
    Falklands, Grenada and Panama all three have been events where supposedly superpowers embarrassed themselves by unleashing their overwhelming military powers onto a small dot on the map. It's been 3 overkill style military missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Afghanistan started in the 80's if memory serves. Soviets were in charge, led to their eventual downfall. Now they're all gone.
    almost. 1979 started the Soviet Invasion, lasted 10 yrs

No, there has never been a decade that didn't last 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4n4 View Post
    I don't mean to slight any war with any people. My neighbours participated in it and always talked about it. Picture 2 ex scots all drunk and shit every single night regaling you with their drunken ass scottish brogue ..talking about the falkland war ..enough to want to kill someone.