Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

Anyone ever have a kgpanel crash WOW ?

Last night I found some cool images that I wanted to use in my ui. This would be my 5th .tga that I would actually use on my current ui since the patch the other 4 I made before the patch and carried over with no problems or issues. So I made my file the same way I have done in the past it was 256x256 made sure it had a its alpha channel, dropped it into my shared media folder with all my other .tga files are at (there are around 100 or so in there for different ui's). Log in, open kgpanels config started the process and when I went to choose my new file wow hard crashed to the desktop throwing up an error "ERROR #123 (0x8510007b) This memory block has been corrupted by an out-of-bounds memory write." wtf?? started wow back up tried again same thing, so I deleted the file started wow opened kgpanels config and could work with my 4 existing files and change them, move them, re-size them whatever I wanted to do with no crash. Has anyone ever had that happen or can give me an idea why it is doing that? I mean I don't need those to play wow or anything but would like to know for future reference what I might have done wrong this time.

Thanks for any help.

Once you start throwing custom textures into the graphics engine you are at risk of bugs that, yes, can crash the game. IIRC, there was some bug with PNG images at the moment? Anyway, it's definitely in the realm of possibel.

If you can recreate or recover the file, put it up somewhere for others to test.
    See if we can replicate that.
    Plus a post on the official forums may be a good idea, linking to the original file.

Certainly there is or has been an issue with larger size images in the mac client, but would be unusual for a single image to an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply's, I'll try an post the image and check out the official forum also.