Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Take it from somebody who knows poor areas and gang culture all too well...

...it aint slavery, it aint segregation, and it aint Republicans making it thrive.

That notion is nothing, NOTHING, more than an interpretation of people who want to get us to agree with their blame game.
    Yes I am quite sure you've been alive for 100 years to see what the effect of segregation had on creating ghettos and poorer areas.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So he wants sympathy votes instead of people voting on actual party policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    No he doesn't have a point.
    If a party wants votes, it should have policies and politics that appeal to the voters they want. Black people obviously have no reason to vote Republican, so why should they?
    it's not like there are no reasons. low taxes, small government, anti-gay, pro religion, etc... (not that i agree with them) - but those are reasons any black american could choose

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You know this just distills down to "black people just are more criminal".
    I'd love to take you back to my old neighborhood and let you have a conversation with some bangers.

You can ask them why they bang and why they sling and not one of them is going to tell you "I do it cuz I'm Black" or "I do it cuz White people" or "I do it cuz Republicans" or "I do it cuz slavery".

Most of their honest answers would be "I do it because my father/brother/cousin did" or "I do it because they came lookin" (older generation recruits the younger).

Don't be fooled into thinking that this onlooker fabrication of "black people commit more crimes" is going through the minds of these people when they choose a criminal life.

Nobody's skin color is directing them to commit crimes.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    Just saw this story and wondered if this guy really has a point, not necessarily about African Americans in particular, but any constituency.

http://news.yahoo.com/stephen-a-smit...140317220.html

Anyway, your thoughts? Does he have a point?
    I think he makes a stupid point.
    The republican party doesn't act in the best interest of all the poor white trash redneck yokels that vote republican.
    If all the black people decided to vote for republicans, how would that be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I'd love to take you back to my old neighborhood and let you have a conversation with some bangers.
    My old neighborhood was entirely white and pretty damn shitty too. I bet yours was poor too, just like mine.

Nobody's skin color is directing them to commit crimes.
    Ignoring socioeconomics requires there be something innately wrong with them to explain crime rates.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    In a choice between two parties that are going to do nothing for you....
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdog01 View Post
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."
    So you're saying people shouldn't be making silly arguments like "Democrats will do nothing for blacks!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So you're saying people shouldn't be making silly arguments like "Democrats will do nothing for blacks!"
    No, I am saying quit looking to the Federal government to be your Mother and Father. Quit looking for handouts. I don't care if you are black, white, or polkadot.

He doesn't have a point. It's like saying too many gays are democrat and keep voting democrat so for one election should vote against gay marriage and against gay rights because well they're democrat too much. That makes no sense...

There are plenty of ignorant black people that are republicans. Just like you have plenty of ignorant white people who are republicans. Frankly the republican party as of late has become the kind of party you join when you want to vote against your own interest and believe one day you're going to be rich magically. And that's just me talking about the economic side of things...

We have the other issue that there are a lot of bigots on the right side. On the right racism, homophobia, and just general bigotry seem to be more common than on the left. Oh sure you have it on your left, but it's not a given, like it is on the right.

Deleted
    Whenever I hear a republican open his mouth, the only things I ever hear are either racist or religious drivel, most of the time with a nice helping of scientific ignorance sprinkled on top. It's concerning the republican party has as much support as it does in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He doesn't have a point. It's like saying too many gays are democrat and keep voting democrat so for one election should vote against gay marriage and against gay rights because well they're democrat too much. That makes no sense...

There are plenty of ignorant black people that are republicans. Just like you have plenty of ignorant white people who are republicans. Frankly the republican party as of late has become the kind of party you join when you want to vote against your own interest and believe one day you're going to be rich magically. And that's just me talking about the economic side of things...

We have the other issue that there are a lot of bigots on the right side. On the right racism, homophobia, and just general bigotry seem to be more common than on the left. Oh sure you have it on your left, but it's not a given, like it is on the right.
    Cool PC Buzzword Rant
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2015-03-20 at 01:10 AM.

You know this just distills down to "black people just are more criminal".
    You know, it's always you spouting this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You know, it's always you spouting this bullshit.
    I've literally never said that, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdog01 View Post
    Quit looking for handouts. I don't care if you are black, white, or polkadot.
    Phew I thought you were going to compile striped into that group as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I've literally never said that, but ok.
    You always have to bring it up, it's like border line race baiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    No he doesn't have a point.
    If a party wants votes, it should have policies and politics that appeal to the voters they want. Black people obviously have no reason to vote Republican, so why should they?
    Chicken vs. egg argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Whenever I hear a republican open his mouth, the only things I ever hear are either racist or religious drivel, most of the time with a nice helping of scientific ignorance sprinkled on top. It's concerning the republican party has as much support as it does in the United States.
    Hey keep it down Austria. Just keep making my KTM and Glock 17's, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

It's the rich/religious white man party.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Hey keep it down Austria. Just keep making my KTM and Glock 17's, thanks
    Glock 17, eh? Nice taste. I own one of those myself.

In a choice between two parties that are going to do nothing for you, are you going to pick the nothing party, or the nothing + racists party?
    The Democrats and their allies are filled with racists.