Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why dont items have a range of stats?

I think the pve raiding game could have increased replayability factor if they added more incentives to farm current content. Seals, socketed, and warforged gear help alot, giving raiders reasons to run content on farm, even when they already have gear, in pursuit of that perfect drop (socket + warforged)

My suggestion would further diversify loot drops.

Assign a range of stats to all items, take any item and allow it to have a range of distributed stats, and remove or alter the current warforged mechanic.
    Ie:

current ilvl670 railwalkers ratcheted boots
    150 armor
    182 agi/int
    273 stam
    123 mastery
    118 multi
    % tertiary/socket/warforged

instead ilvl670 railwalkers ratcheted boots
    140-150 armor
    177-185agi/int
    264-276 stam
    119-127mastery
    114-122multi
    % tertiary/socket

its not so much that it is game changing, in fact the range of values from worst to best are about the range for the current warforged mechanic, but this would add more uniqueness to every piece of gear that drops. And of course that special feeling if you get a great roll.

*many will realize the current crafted gear mechanic works like this, and its fun trying to craft that perfect roll.
    Last edited by HappyLuckBox; 2015-03-20 at 01:46 AM.

Raiders already hate the current model, adding more diablo ideas would make it worse.

If this happens I would blame you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I didn't get BiS after many, many months of farming SOO because of Warforged and it will surely take longer now that there are sockets as well, and it would add additional RNG into world first races.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. Just no. Diablo 3 is that a way if you want stat rolls on gear. ------>
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    because 20 people rolling on all 5 items from every boss every time because of "better stats" is not a good idea.

It's fine enough the way it is in my opinion. Any more randomness and it will just get frustrating for some who keep rolling the lowest stats.

If you want to borrow more Diablo ideas, then loot drops must also work like Diablo, meaning you get showered with items each time you kill mobs. This kind of RNG only works if items drop in great, great quantities to offset the randomness.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

No. No. No. No. No.

Warforged/random Sockets is one of the worst designs they ever implemented into WoW, and you want to make it even more random?

Realllllly?
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

A reason the items from raids don't have a range is because players would scream bloody murder and rightfully so. WoW is not an ARPG where loot drops like candy and in truth we hardly have any customization possible because the game is specifically built to be limited. The items only serve to boost a spec's kit instead of be a critical part of the kit in the first place.

For another game it might be okay but the game would have to specifically be built around it. WoW is not and will never be. Let this idea move on elsewhere or even just die.

There is already too much randomness in the gear. Let. It. Be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Ya that would be the dumbest idea ever implemented for progression raiding.
    Would be cool in dungeons or something but I think Warforged serves this purpose.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The faster we stop posting the faster this idea can be buried where it belongs!

That is a terrible idea, why ruin the game with that D3 shit.

I though WF/random sockets was the worst idea ever but this is a million times worse. Legitimately the worst idea I have ever seen.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    This idea works in D3 cos you can farm it repeatedly all day every day. Doesn't work here cos you can't farm raid gear like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    *many will realize the current crafted gear mechanic works like this, and its fun trying to craft that perfect roll.
    Haha what? Fun? Wasting possibly hundreds (or at release sometimes thousands) of gold on reroll items for it to spit even worse stats back at you was fun?

Deleted
    I've seen some stupid suggestions in my day but this takes the tee for today atleast. The current system is already stupid enough without adding more RNG on top of everything else. If anything this would have the opposite to desired effect and people would stop raiding.

Terrible idea. I already get irritated with how rare warforged and sockets seem to be. This would just make it even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted to play Diablo I would play Diablo. If they implemented this idea, they would have to removed lockout restrictions otherwise it would be completely unreasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea diablo that way->
    I dont want more of randomness in these loots. You can do it for LFR loot all i care but heroic/mythic do-not-touch.