need help about Heroic Blast Furnace, Arms warrior

We are wiping on this boss, especially phrase 2.
    Our strategy is to kill the Primal Elementalists with 1/1/2/1 kills, but it always took us 2/1/2/1 or 1/1/2/2 to finish this phrase. Our Bloodlust was used at the beginning of phrase 2 to kill the Foreman Feldspar and other engineers left.

As a Arms warrior, my assigned job during phrase 2 is to focus on the Slag Elementals and kill the Primal Elementalists as fast as I can.

My question is, while killing the slag elementals, should I cast rend on other mobs like the firecallers and guards to get benefit from taste for blood?
    Our melee includes 2 warriors, 1 ret, 2 rogues and 1 feral. I'm not sure whether this move would increase or decrease the total length of phrase 2.
    And my friend suggested that we use bloodlust at the beginning of phrase 3 or near-ending of phrase 2, which one is better?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by olddriver View Post
    We are wiping on this boss, especially phrase 2.
    Our strategy is to kill the Primal Elementalists with 1/1/2/1 kills, but it always took us 2/1/2/1 or 1/1/2/2 to finish this phrase. Our Bloodlust was used at the beginning of phrase 2 to kill the Foreman Feldspar and other engineers left.

As a Arms warrior, my assigned job during phrase 2 is to focus on the Slag Elementals and kill the Primal Elementalists as fast as I can.

My question is, while killing the slag elementals, should I cast rend on other mobs like the firecallers and guards to get benefit from taste for blood?
    Our melee includes 2 warriors, 1 ret, 2 rogues and 1 feral. I'm not sure whether this move would increase or decrease the total length of phrase 2.
    And my friend suggested that we use bloodlust at the beginning of phrase 3 or near-ending of phrase 2, which one is better?

Thanks in advance
    If you have taste for blood I'd say keep rend up on as much as practical otherwise you're not getting as much value out of the talent.

For my group the key to getting this fight done was to make sure that we killed each sentimentalist within one shield down phase (whatever that things called). Also getting in to phase 2 cleanly (no bellows operators up etc).

You'll definitely want to save lust for the phase 3 of the fight because you really want that part over quickly. If you're needing last to kill Felspar in phase 2 then you'll definitely need lust for phase 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    You'll definitely want to save lust for the phase 3 of the fight because you really want that part over quickly. If you're needing last to kill Felspar in phase 2 then you'll definitely need lust for phase 3.
    I disagree, my team always blows BL in transition from p1-to p2 to aoe down all the extra adds + felspark.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

First of all you need to identify what is wiping you. IMO its gonna be the combination of bad interrupts on adds, melees standing in slag explosions and people panicking instead of calmly choosing the right targets from the crowd of adds.

As for primal elementalists, our progress and 1st kill was done with 2 shields on each of them, every time. Its not a problem at all if you fix the above.

Hey mate.

We were having the same problem and were just getting overwhelmed with damage, adds and the fight was just running on too long.

We solved our problem by speccing mainly single target. Me and the other warrior switched to Fury with bladestorm and dragon roar and the rest of the raid members did the same. From my perspective, whats the point in going arms and hitting 60k dps if you are just going to die everytime. I dont hit much more than 45k now by the end of the fight but we kill it every time now!

No more meter padding. Nuke Bellows operator immediately, when he is down focus target on Fledspar (if you are on that side) and stay on him just cleaving off onto other adds. When the next bellows opearator spawns, all switch to himm single target with light cleaving as well.

When phase 1 finishes, the whole raid switches to fledspar if he is still up! Don't even consider downing the slag until Feldspar is dead.

Then Switch, nuke slag, everyone switch to single target rotation and take down 1st elementalist.

Once down, certainly hit bladestorm but focus on firecallers and interrupt them. Again, this fight is a single target fight disguised as an AOE cleave fight! If you just cleave everything you will wipe everytime....trust me!

Once all Firecallers are down, nuke slag then elementalist.

Rinse and repeat this, always taking out firecallers before tackling next elementalist.

Then once 4th is down, nuke all guards and firecallers!

Leave slags on phase 3.

If there are too many adds up you will always wipe.

We wiped at least 70 times. Hardly got passed phase 2 until we all had a look at ourselves and specced mainly single target. Now we one shot the boss every week and it really is so simple its unreal!

Also I got the 2 x Crescent of living magma (one warforged this week)! SO thats even more of an incentive to get this right!!

Thanks for all your replies guys, really helpful.

The team just had a discussion and agreed that we should pay attention to the interrupting and debuff from the firecallers. Our healer said they couldn't find the range dps when they get the Volatile Fire debuff and dps died because of that.

Deleted
    The way we do it is killing off all firecallers before and betwen primals.
    On the primals themselves, we make sure half of the DPS use their strong CDs on the first Primal, and on the second primal the rest of the DPS burn their CDs. Then repeat for 3/4 primal.
    We manage to kill all the primals on 1

Anyway, if primals are your problems, you should spec Fury if you can that is.
    ARMS overall do more DPS on this fight due to good AOE, but Fury do ...smarter.. dps so to say, Fury will do more DMG where it's actually needed ^^

*edit*
    Oh and, make sure to keep track on the DMG meters for Primals.
    because there are a lot of ppl that priotize AOE-spells/cds/specs just so they can feel good about their overall high DPS - But clearly hinder the raid cus they are on the bottom of the dmg meters for primals ^^
    Our leader started to actually post the DMG logg for Primals and hey, what did you see, the ppl winning overall DPS were the same ppl doing the lowest dmg on primals.
    ppl quickly changed to more single target focus cause they obviously were the reason we failed, and we qouickly got a kill!
    Last edited by mmoc55a68f5eb6; 2015-03-20 at 01:11 PM.

Thank you guys we finished them.
    We found another problem, the earth shields casted by Primal Elementalists. After assigning enough mates to dispel the shields, we finished the boss quite smoothly.

I went Fury during progression on this fight. Honestly it's really more of a single target fight with priority killing. Your place on the meters won't be as good as the classes that can easily pad AOE but your DPS to the important targets will be higher than most.

Deleted
    It's not really worth rending other targets unless you're aiming for bigger ranks,even then it isn't really worth it most of the times since adds die relatively fast.Just make sure you have CS up whenever their shield is down,so you can get it back up near 20% then dump all your rage into cs>execute.All our kills I end up doing nearly top damage to elementalists because of their shorter life span and the amount of damage execute does.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Id definitely keep Rend up as much as possible on other targets because it increases your single target damage massively because of the large amount of rage it generates as well as it helps to rot down the firecallers which you need to kill anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackarin View Post
    I disagree, my team always blows BL in transition from p1-to p2 to aoe down all the extra adds + felspark.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    That seems awfully inefficient. Its very easy to time stuff properly and make sure Fel is sub 10% health in transition and aoeing the adds down is very easy. Id definitely recommend using it in p3 OP

Deleted
    Yeah but we're 14 peoplea and only get 2 operators