Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hitler would be proud, I bet he was dying to kill somebody. Fucking bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Also, seriously... service dog!? It's a fucking pit-bull.
    And before pit bulls, it was the german shepherds with the reputation of being incurably violent.

Say, what is the most common breed of dog used in K9 units?

Cops? plural?

One cop pets the dog, the other one shoots it. FUCK ALL COPS! LITERALLY ALL COPS!

Is it sad? sure.
    Should the COP be punished? absolutely.
    Are all cops evil dog-killers? Grow the fuck up.

Do you always decry one generalization before shouting a different one?

Cops? plural?

One cop pets the dog, the other one shoots it. FUCK ALL COPS! LITERALLY ALL COPS!

Is it sad? sure.
    Should the COP be punished? absolutely.
    Are all cops evil dog-killers? Grow the fuck up.

A pit bull that was trained up, registered and has worked with kids who have Down Syndrome and Autism. So yes, seriously, the fucking pit bull was a service dog.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2015-03-20 at 06:00 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it was a Pitbull and I can see why the Cop weren't taking any chances there. As everyone should know, the Police do not wait until AFTER something happens, they do something about "it" before "it" happens. Don't see anything wrong in what he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Well, it was a Pitbull and I can see why the Cop weren't taking any chances there. As everyone should know, the Police do not wait until AFTER something happens, they do something about "it" before "it" happens. Don't see anything wrong in what he did.
    Except that it reacted to one stranger cop just fine. Dogs typically dont act friendly to one stranger, than hostile to another without tons of provocation. Thus, I find the 2nd cop's actions unwarrented, especially if he witnessed the 1st cop's interaction. Anyone with any kind of dog experience knows the difference between a hostile dog and a friendly one, and if a cop doesnt have experience with dogs he should be on desk duty.

Fox news headline

Police defend themselves from brown haired violent thug dog attempting to reach for their gun, more at 11 to discuss the epidemic of dog-on-dog crime in poor neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Except that it reacted to one stranger cop just fine. Dogs typically don't act friendly to one stranger, than hostile to another without tons of provocation.
    Wrong. If the dog was abused by someone wearing a particular perfume and the dog meets someone wearing that perfume then the dog could attack them. If you have a dog that is afraid or aggressive at one person but the only person it can reach is the owner then the dog bites the owner instead. That is called Redirection. Keep in mind a dog can turn from friendly to biting you in less than a second.

Thus, I find the 2nd cop's actions unwarrented, especially if he witnessed the 1st cop's interaction. Anyone with any kind of dog experience knows the difference between a hostile dog and a friendly one, and if a cop doesnt have experience with dogs he should be on desk duty.
    And anyone with a lot of experience with dogs know how quickly a dog can change from friendly to aggressive. It could be quick enough that if you blink you get bitten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginantonicus View Post
    Wrong. If the dog was abused by someone wearing a particular perfume and the dog meets someone wearing that perfume then the dog could attack them. If you have a dog that is afraid or aggressive at one person but the only person it can reach is the owner then the dog bites the owner instead. That is called Redirection. Keep in mind a dog can turn from friendly to biting you in less than a second.

And anyone with a lot of experience with dogs know how quickly a dog can change from friendly to aggressive.
    I'm more than familiar with that. However, its easy to read a dog's body language, and see what is friendly jumping from hostile charging. Ended up having my arm bit by a dog because I had to restrain it while it was acting aggressive toward a stranger but friendly toward its owners (my family). Again, if you cant differentiate really easy signals, then you shouldn't be on the job.

Its evident the 1st cop knew what to do and the 2nd cop didn't.

Reading the comments it appears no one watched the damn video. So many falsehoods driven by blind hatred of cops. The cops were in the street by the curb not in the dudes house or yard and the large pitbull came at them off leash. The cop did nothing to provoke the dog which after approaching the cop lunged at him repeatedly in what appears to be a threatening manner. the cop backpedaled a long distance before firing after the dog was still coming at him. Cops do shoot dogs unnecessarily I'm sure this doesn't appear to be on of those cases. If you own a pitbull it would be smart to keep it on a leash. Right or wrong people don't take kindly to pits lunging at them.
    Last edited by Dyfar; 2015-03-20 at 06:54 AM.

I'm more than familiar with that. However, its easy to read a dog's body language, and see what is friendly jumping from hostile charging. Ended up having my arm bit by a dog because I had to restrain it while it was acting aggressive toward a stranger but friendly toward its owners (my family). Again, if you cant differentiate really easy signals, then you shouldn't be on the job.
    As i said before a dog can go from friendly to biting in less then a second from withing 2 meters. If you where to watch it in slow motion you would see the dog turn from friendly to aggressive and then bite but an attack can happen so quickly that you wont be able to react.

This might be one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    After a while, after seeing story after story of "asshole cop did x, now in HD!" it just gets to the point where I look at my screen and sigh, "really? again?"
    I understand that this is cherrypicked and that this is not a majority representation of police officers, but fuck man, when is stupid shit like this going to end?
    At what point is something going to bend 'til it breaks?
    Stories like this probably wouldn't get as much attention if officers were more often held accountable for their actions. Part of the outrage comes from helplessness.

10+ Year Old Account

And anyone with a lot of experience with dogs know how quickly a dog can change from friendly to aggressive. It could be quick enough that if you blink you get bitten.
    If he had been bitten he would have a reason to shoot, but he wasn't so he is just a normal trigger happy cop.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    This hurts my brain, my heart, and my withered soul.
    Poor guy, it just makes me so sad. I can't even begin to put myself in his shoes, it's fucking heartbreaking. I don't like cops much to start with, stuff like this is why. I try my best to put the anger behind me, but then something else pops up.

I know a couple cops that are absolutely wonderful people, but it truly seems they are in the minority FUCK! just FUCK! I can't stand to look at the pictures, but I wonder what sort of remorse the cop had after he realized he fucked up.. Any? I would think it would really eat at a decent person.

10+ Year Old Account
    As i said before a dog can go from friendly to biting in less then a second from withing 2 meters. If you where to watch it in slow motion you would see the dog turn from friendly to aggressive and then bite but an attack can happen so quickly that you wont be able to react.
    Sure, but it was a play jump. A pit that wants to bite you will certainly be able to do so before you can draw your gun and fire, and the dog clearly wasn't biting or even trying to. It was pretty clear to me anyways that the dog just wanted to hop up and say hi. My dogs do that all the time.

I reread the article and it occured to me that the second cop yelled after the first cop petted the dog. That may have startled the dog and caused him to go investigate.

Pitbulls are not pet dogs. I don't care how nice and handy they are, i don't care how much their owner love them, it's a fucking species specially breeded for agression and fighting. They can snap anytime for any reason, specially when their owner is threatened. Just keep shooting them

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Pitbulls are not pet dogs. I don't care how nice and handy they are, i don't care how much their owner love them, it's a fucking species specially breeded for agression and fighting. They can snap anytime for any reason, specially when their owner is threatened. Just keep shooting them
    It really worries me that we live in a world with people this vocal while being this misinformed.

Sure, but it was a play jump. A pit that wants to bite you will certainly be able to do so before you can draw your gun and fire, and the dog clearly wasn't biting or even trying to. It was pretty clear to me anyways that the dog just wanted to hop up and say hi. My dogs do that all the time.

I reread the article and it occured to me that the second cop yelled after the first cop petted the dog. That may have startled the dog and caused him to go investigate.
    Or caused the dog to become aggressive. The second cop also retreats and shows fear. Both can and have been known to cause a dog to attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or caused the dog to become aggressive. The second cop also retreats and shows fear. Both can and have been known to cause a dog to attack.
    Which still clearly means cops need proper dog training so they dont end up causing easily avoidable situations, and that this cop was needlessly trigger / yell happy.