View Poll Results: Most Fitting Alliance Monk Race/Gender?

Voters
184. This poll is closed
  • Human Male

59 32.07%
  • Human Female

35 19.02%
  • Dwarf Male

20 10.87%
  • Dwarf Female

10 5.43%
  • Night Elf Male

17 9.24%
  • Night Elf Female

37 20.11%
  • Gnome Male

8 4.35%
  • Gnome Female

22 11.96%
  • Draenei Male

13 7.07%
  • Draenei Female

35 19.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    bald human male /topic

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    It looks like Human Male and Draenei Female are the top two. Personally I didn't think of it before but when I do, human male might actually be a nice choice. As for the second highest one, my girlfriend might be interested in playing as such. C:
    I'll still wait the last few days for the poll results but it looks like the burst of votes died down.

Gnome male. Gnomes are pretty badass and dodging around on them in pve/pvp is pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human Male, call him Ryu.

Scarlet monastery has human monks and Auchenai Crypts has draenei monks before MoP came out, so I'd say they fit their roll the best.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Scarlet monastery has human monks and Auchenai Crypts has draenei monks before MoP came out, so I'd say they fit their roll the best.
    There's also a draenei priest, Iridi, in one of the Knaak books that had some monk like abilities. She could fight unarmed and knew pressure points and things like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    There's also a draenei priest, Iridi, in one of the Knaak books that had some monk like abilities. She could fight unarmed and knew pressure points and things like that.
    I never knew this. Actually this is pretty cool.

Deleted
    Well... Human monks seem to be something obvious, but WoW ones for me are supposed rather to be like christian monks and nuns (because whole Light Church is christian inspired). So, the buddhist themed monk is indeed something that fits draenei the most. Especially the females, mostly because they are simply smaller and more agile than males, which are rather heavy tanks than face-kickers.

From other race/sex combo I always thought about NE male, because monks fighting style reminds me in some way Demon Hunters.

Female Blood Elf is the best overall, animations just feel smooth and actually feels right without looking goofy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find human males aesthetically pleasing whatsoever, hence my only one being hidden behind shadow form. I've played a niight elf monk and they look great in leather armor and their melee animations are quite awesome, like a little spin move. just to have pandas I'm leveling my main monks as pandas but nelf monk will be my first toon on my main realm's connected counterpart most likely. gnomes would probably be the runner up.

of course I'm coming from the perspective of everyone must wear kilts as I find all toons' legs goofy looking and some races wear kilts better than others, night elfs would probably be tops among the alliance in that regard.

again, I wonder if anyone who has recommended human males even understands the definition of aesthetic. standing like you're light in the loafers or running like you have to vacate your bowels are the furthest things from aesthetically pleasing I could easily come up with. same goes for the guy who said undead <.<
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2015-03-23 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should be pretty obvious that humans, male and female, are the best Alliance monks excluding Pandaren. I mean come on humans can look good as almost any class in WoW. Night elves can make for good monks too.

Gnomes and dwarves? Hell no. They look just plain silly as monks.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Human male/female for one reason, The Air Nation.

Deleted
    Most people interacting with this poll/thread play human male as a main then..

I still feel as though Gnomes/Dwarfs shouldn't be monks... I don't know why; but it just feels so wrong seeing a Gnome monk. In any case, I'd probably pick humans for the Alliance, and forsaken for the Horde.

Draenei and Humans.

None of them really fit, except for Humans.

Monk is a class where some racial differences would be appreciated, similar to Shamans with their totems. Especially Brewmaster feels really weird on some races, like Forsaken, Blood Elfs or Draenei. I wish they would throw something else instead of beer kegs, like vials filled with plague when it comes to Forsaken or some kind of unstable arcane substance for Blood Elfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post

Monk is a class where some racial differences would be appreciated, similar to Shamans with their totems. Especially Brewmaster feels really weird on some races, like Forsaken, Blood Elfs or Draenei. I wish they would throw something else instead of beer kegs, like vials filled with plague when it comes to Forsaken or some kind of unstable arcane substance for Blood Elfs.
    That's actually a really good idea.

Dwarf brewmaster with a brewmaster title throwing around kegs of beer is really cool, Dwarves like beer even more than Pandas so...

On the other hand, Night Elves have some Japanese / Korean / Chinese feel to them, with their architecture, Lunar Festival, Kimchi pies, etc. so they generally fit into eastern martial artist concept. They're also tall, agile and have a posture fitting a nimble fighter.

Third good option would be Draenei if you have that one leather transmog idea that would look cool on a Draenei and before Monks were introduced you had no leather class available to them.

Generally pick whichever gender you like, I can't advise on that, and about rolling Human... everyone and their dog does so, there's nothing cool or special in being yet another human, but it saves you some transmog problems like weird shoes on Draenei or ears sticking through a helmet on a Night Elf, or being too short to show your tabard properly on a Gnome or Dwarf etc.

Humans are the most popular Alliance race for everything except Monks and Hunters, where they come second, so I find them kinda boring, it's even worse now when most pvp streamers play Humans and the fans mimic them, because playing Human suddenly makes you a pvp pro... So generally I'm not a fan of Humans in wow, but I do admit they are least "weird" of any race, so if anything annoys you for being too tall / short / fat / slim / hunched / blue / green / furry etc. you can't go wrong with Human, they have the most standard features, even if we argue Human Males are too muscular, there are races where males are muscular to the absurd (Orcs for example, or even look at the male Draenei arms and torso...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Dwarf brewmaster with a brewmaster title throwing around kegs of beer is really cool, Dwarves like beer even more than Pandas so...

On the other hand, Night Elves have some Japanese / Korean / Chinese feel to them, with their architecture, Lunar Festival, Kimchi pies, etc. so they generally fit into eastern martial artist concept. They're also tall, agile and have a posture fitting a nimble fighter.

Third good option would be Draenei if you have that one leather transmog idea that would look cool on a Draenei and before Monks were introduced you had no leather class available to them.

Generally pick whichever gender you like, I can't advise on that, and about rolling Human... everyone and their dog does so, there's nothing cool or special in being yet another human, but it saves you some transmog problems like weird shoes on Draenei or ears sticking through a helmet on a Night Elf, or being too short to show your tabard properly on a Gnome or Dwarf etc.

Humans are the most popular Alliance race for everything except Monks and Hunters, where they come second, so I find them kinda boring, it's even worse now when most pvp streamers play Humans and the fans mimic them, because playing Human suddenly makes you a pvp pro... So generally I'm not a fan of Humans in wow, but I do admit they are least "weird" of any race, so if anything annoys you for being too tall / short / fat / slim / hunched / blue / green / furry etc. you can't go wrong with Human, they have the most standard features, even if we argue Human Males are too muscular, there are races where males are muscular to the absurd (Orcs for example, or even look at the male Draenei arms and torso...)
    I never really liked night elves much because of their ears on helmets.. And I've never made a human before because of the same reason pretty much. I technically played a human, but that was a worgen druid that I managed to escape Gilneas pre-6.0, which they fixed the glitch indefinitely. :c

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post

I fully agree on this. More racial (or neutral racial whatevers) ability kind of themes would probably help the monk a lot, because I find my issue being exactly this: some races really just don't fit their style. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenics View Post
    Female gnome. There is nothing funnier than roundhouse kicking someone straight in the ....kneecaps
    And breaking them in the process... "until I got gnomed in the knee".