Deleted

AHs shared, yet cannot send gear to other faction alts. Super annoying!

Hello all,

so now the auction houses on servers are merged for both factions. Yet we still can't send gold or gear to our alts in the opposite faction. Why is that? I remember there being a blue post back in MoP as to why we can't send stuff to the other faction - Blizzard's answer is that it could disrupt the other faction's economy. That reason is now void, when AHs are shared anyway

Before the AH merge, sending gear was possible through the neutral AHs - it was super annoying, as you had to gather a friend to post the item for you, and you had to look out for other players who might try to snipe the item, but it was doable.
    Now, sending gear is almost impossible, there are no neutral AHs, even the auctioneers in Booty Bay etc. just connect you to the standard AH hub, and there are people constantly scanning the AH with addons, at every hour of the day.

On one hand, Blizz clearly want us to experience the other faction, by making greatly different story lines, unique mounts, pets, transmogs, and ultimately the achieve Double Agent, but then they make it such a pain when we want to gear out alts, just because they have red flag and our main has blue... for no reason!

Nobody else annoyed by this? I am surprised I haven't seen a discussion about this change yet, and ideally what is Blizzard's stance on it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I stopped being annoyed by this about 9-10 years ago when I started WoW. Haven't really given it much thought since then.

Deleted
    look if you want everything to be cuddly and nice between horde and alliance then just play on a pve server instead of a pvp server. problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    look if you want everything to be cuddly and nice between horde and alliance then just play on a pve server instead of a pvp server. problem solved.
    which has nothing to do with what he's talking about but good job i guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Are you drunk or trolling?
    Did you even read my post?
    How will playing on a PvE server make trading gear between different faction alts easier?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can trade gear, like in the old days where we used the neutral auction house but now, you don't even have to leave a Horde city.

Seriously, it's a faction divided game, of course you cannot trade over that easily. I bet the explenation for it to work with the auction is most likely Goblins.

And no, I'm not a single bit annoyed by this at all. Only 'gear' I traded over in secret and still do, might be that one single transmog piece I miss.

Or you can find a trusted friend who can be a mule for you if he/she is changing faction.

And no, I don't want it to be easier to send gear between factions, auction house works for that. And for own use, well, things aren't ment to be easy as it already is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I am annoyed because, for example, my Alliance main is Blacksmith, with tons of crafting mats, I would love to help gear up my blood elf paladin with that. Before the AH merge, I could send the crafted epics to my belf via the neutral AH. Now, its impossible - if I tried to send it via regular AH, it would get sniped by another player if I posted it cheaply, and if I post it for the same price as other players post the same gear, well, that would make it kind pointless, my belf might as well buy the gear from them.
    Except my belf has barely any gold, its my least played alt, that I just use to experience new content from Horde side point of view.

Deleted
    Yeah I agree, it makes little sense not to be able to send your alts things when you can share toys mounts etc already.

Deleted
    Must say that i would love this as well. I got my alliance characters on one server and horde on another. I feel they are one big group or characters but it sucks having them essentially cut off from each other.

Oh and make the gear tokens from missions BoA while we are at it.

Deleted
    I ran into this problem as well when i was leveling my alliance alt.

Wanted to transfer some bags to my new alt, went to the neutral AH and was surprised there were 40k auctions on the neutral AH, when there is ussually like 50 tops. And im not risking putting bags on the AH for 10g with all the AH scanners out there, the risk is just to great. Compared to the neutral AH, which was actually pretty fun to use to transfer items and requires some player interaction with only a slight but still present risk factor.

At least you can still transfer gold by putting up a apple for 50k gold. (yes i know about battle pets)

Deleted
    Hadn't occurred to me because I haven't transferred any item in a while, but that is indeed annoying. Big loss for people who liked to share rare/epic items cross-faction with only a minimal fear of being sniped. I guess now you have to do it really really fast, or at 5 am or something.

They shouldn't have allowed both factions on the same server shit to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    They shouldn't have allowed both factions on the same server shit to begin with.
    Gameplay over "lore" restrictions. Every. Single. Time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Hello all,

so now the auction houses on servers are merged for both factions. Yet we still can't send gold or gear to our alts in the opposite faction. Why is that? I remember there being a blue post back in MoP as to why we can't send stuff to the other faction - Blizzard's answer is that it could disrupt the other faction's economy. That reason is now void, when AHs are shared anyway

Before the AH merge, sending gear was possible through the neutral AHs - it was super annoying, as you had to gather a friend to post the item for you, and you had to look out for other players who might try to snipe the item, but it was doable.
    Now, sending gear is almost impossible, there are no neutral AHs, even the auctioneers in Booty Bay etc. just connect you to the standard AH hub, and there are people constantly scanning the AH with addons, at every hour of the day.

On one hand, Blizz clearly want us to experience the other faction, by making greatly different story lines, unique mounts, pets, transmogs, and ultimately the achieve Double Agent, but then they make it such a pain when we want to gear out alts, just because they have red flag and our main has blue... for no reason!

Nobody else annoyed by this? I am surprised I haven't seen a discussion about this change yet, and ideally what is Blizzard's stance on it.
    I agree with you.

Everything should be mailable cross-servers and cross-factions.