PVP: State of combat vs sub?

Brace for incoming wall of text/questions, hope to get a little pvp discussion started here on what people prefer and what strengths and weaknesses they see in the different specs!

Ok, so I'm very torn in what to do with my PVP-rogue. I used to play it sub "back in the days" but put in on a shelf and came back to it recently where I started playing Combat. It's fun and all but I dunno if I'm limiting myself and should go the "proper pvp spec" or not?

Combat is rather easy to play but it feels a bit limited, cant really put my finger on what/why but perhaps the constant wait for the red buff so u can put in a proper burst. However as it is such easy and fluent with the energy flow and points handling, it feels good to play but somewhat limited at the same time. The playstyle is relaxed as it's not that much you can choose to do while fighting so it feels "nice and calm".

Sub on the other hand is trickier, more position dependent (Backstab) and I feel I get an abundance of points to use but lacking energy to do something with them (yeah I have SnD up and such but still it feels a bit choppy in the "flow" compared to Combat). On the other hand, Sub has always been THE pvp-spec and I'm wondering if that's not the case still (especially with latest trinket changes and such)? The control u have over the opponent with sub feels better, the burst a bit lacking... Oh and I have a hard time to know what to do with my Marked for Death as sub, as I said, it feels like someone just keep tossing combopoints in my face 24/7!

So what do you guys do with your rogues in pvp? Combat? Sub? What do you see is the best spec in the near future? Which one do you guys think will hold the upper hand in burst and control if both are played at equal skill level?

TL;DR: Is it worth playing combat (easy and a tad numb spec) or is sub (more complex but more options) a must if focusing on only PVP? Also, which is the best theoretical burst of them?
    Bonus question: Is anyone using DfA? I'm trying to like it for my sub-spec but the energycost is crazy...

There's a rogue named Dalaran on YouTube that makes some awesome Combat PvP videos. I see him use DfA pretty successfully in a number of his videos. Check him out!