Question Normal vs Heroic vs Mythic

Between the different raid difficulty settings does the potential for your dps decrease the more difficult the level?

I know the bosses will have more health, or potentially deal more damage with their different abilities but I didnt know if their armor was increased or what not allowing you to have less dps

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The damage you deal is decrased by two indirect factors: More movement required through new mechanics (Only applies to Mythic) and more damage on the raid requiring cooldowns (If a Retri cheeses an acid torrent at Oregorger he loses some DPS for example). of course Encounters will last longer as well, which actually might even be in your favor (perhaps enabling you to use your cooldowns for a third time).
    There is no passive damage reduction on the boss for each distinct mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

they don't have more armor but a lot of the time there are abilities that force you to move more and the fights take longer (== lower hero uptime) so typically the dps of a player is lower on the mythic version of a boss, but not necessarily always :P

Normal and heroic - OH HEY I CAN IGNORE MECHANICS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KILL ME.
    Mythic - Stuff will kill me. I better not tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Normal and heroic - OH HEY I CAN IGNORE MECHANICS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KILL ME.
    Yeah, that's not how it works. Heroic mechanics still very much kill you.

in a way they have more armor in the sense their hp is higher, and there is often more phases or adds.

like beastlord darmac, he has more health than heroic, he has another beast he jumps on, he jumps off a beast when its 30% hp and you fight both, and after his 4th beast dies he doubles his health pool, so instead of say 20m/100m hp, he goes to 40m/200m hp, making the burn before you wipe/run out of room phase a lot, lot harder than heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Yeah, that's not how it works. Heroic mechanics still very much kill you.
    They can kill you, but the margin for error is way higher. You can afford to get hit by a bomb or stand in something for a second or two because your healers can keep up with the damage. If you do that on Mythic, you'll just die.

thanks all for the replies

I was curious because after doing NORMAL BRF last night, I felt my DPS was much higher than a few days ago when we were doing HEROIC. my ilevel went up from 666 to 671 so I was expecting more but I was like 2-3k more and I was even running Lone Wolf (for spell crit) which is a DPS loss.
    Last edited by Aelgar; 2015-03-20 at 02:46 PM. Reason: wrong information

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelgar View Post

I was curious because after doing NORMAL BRF last night, I felt my DPS was much higher than a few days ago when we were doing HEROIC. my ilevel went up from 677 to 701 so I was expecting more but I was like 2-3k more and I was even running Lone Wolf (for spell crit) which is a DPS loss.
    24ilvl? are you sure?

Yeah sorry... I screwed that ilevel # up

at 671 now from 666.

tks Cyxs

Quote Originally Posted by Aelgar View Post

I was curious because after doing NORMAL BRF last night, I felt my DPS was much higher than a few days ago when we were doing HEROIC. my ilevel went up from 666 to 671 so I was expecting more but I was like 2-3k more and I was even running Lone Wolf (for spell crit) which is a DPS loss.
    When you have to focus more on the mechanics and less on your rotation, you aren't going to be able to execute it as well and more distractions make it harder to get back in the grove. You'll probably notice the same thing on the same difficulty level the first couple of times you do an encounter until you learn the flow and pattern of things. It tends to be masked somewhat by the fact that you are also getting better gear, but some of the dps increase you get is due to your level of comfort at dealing with the mechanics of the fight.

-Shorter fights, so initial burst and hero uptime affects your overall DPS more
    -Higher margin for error
    -Can focus on DPS rotation more

Reasons why you might find your DPS higher on normal.

Depends on the fight. Single target decreased dps, add fights increased. Mythic tends to have more adds or adds with higher HP which leads to increased AOE dps and therefore a higher overall dps.

e.g Kromog, you're going to see your dps increase from LFR->Normal->Heroic->Mythic due to increased HP for hands.

Normal: You can stand in shit.
    Heroic: You can't stand in shit
    Mythic: GET THE FUCK OUT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the hanzo View Post
    Normal: You can stand in shit.
    Heroic: You can't stand in shit
    Mythic: GET THE FUCK OUT!
    Pretty much for every guild with 1 or more deadweights.

Carrying is made a bit harder this expansion around.