Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should i buy battlefield hardline?

Hey guys, I was 10th prestige in cod MW1, MW2, and like 17th prestige in MW3. MW1 was my favorite, it was very simple and i like MW2. MW3 was so so, and i only got to 2nd prestige in Ghosts cause i really didnt like it. I never bought the black ops games because they just didnt feel like old school CoD to me.

I have never played a battlefield game and was wondering if anyone can help me based on the games i have played. I know that battlefield is usually a lot more open, but this one has a different theme to it. Do you think i will like it? Can you post any pros or cons you have for the game personally?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say no. I don't think you are missing out on anything by not playing battlefield.

Hardline is new so you can consider getting it after researching if it is worth the money and time. I would say battlefield 3, 4 and hardlines are beautiful games that run smoothly. BF3 and 4 offer immersive game modes on large maps with air and land vehicle combat that CoD doesn't offer.

As far as the competitive aspect goes, it will never be the same as mw2 for example. No one gives a shit that you are high rank, no one respects someone that is high prestiege etc. There is little to no trash talking because voice chat doesn't exist.

Like in mw2, battlefield 3 has the m16 which is comparable to the silenced UMP or ACR in terms of how overpowered it is. You can really dominate in battlefield by excelling with the m16, or the jet, or a tank getting spam repaired. Squads in battlefield exist, but there is very little to no teamwork unless you go out of your way to play with friends or get on voice com.

I have 102 hours played on battlefield 3, I didn't bother buying bf4- I don't know why it exists after bf3 and premium was so fucking expensive, they should just fix the problems with bf3. Something you should know about EA is that they are the worst company in america. Origin should cease existing (along with Uplay but that is irelevant). They will rob you with DLCs and rushed games, so you should be cautious. Since twitch tv and youtube exists, it is very easy in this day and age to make an educated purchase.
    Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz | 8gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 670 SC | ASUS Z77V LK | Seagate Berracuda 2TB
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ymeimei/simple

Deleted
    It's EA shit. So no. Last game worth a dime from EA was Mass Effect 3.

You can freely refund it within 24 hours if you purchase it on Origin, so you can buy it, play it and if you don't like it just get a refund.

I'm a big Battlefield fan, having put thousands of hours into 1942/2142/BC2/3 and 4. Personally, I'm not buying Hardline. I played in a few of it's betas and did not like it. I felt more like it should be a BF4 mod and not a standalone game. Plus, BF4 for PC left a bad taste in my mouth. That game was almost unplayable for the first couple month after launch.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I'm a big Battlefield fan, having put thousands of hours into 1942/2142/BC2/3 and 4. Personally, I'm not buying Hardline. I played in a few of it's betas and did not like it. I felt more like it should be a BF4 mod and not a standalone game. Plus, BF4 for PC left a bad taste in my mouth. That game was almost unplayable for the first couple month after launch.
    as totalbiscuit said, Battlefield 4: Police DLC

Deleted
    IGN 8.3/10. Metacritic user reviews 4.1/10.

Looks like the usual IGN bullshit and corporate ass kissing. Stay away from it.

OK, you don't have Battlefield 4, so if you want a Battlefield game, get BF4. Hardline is just a mod/reskin (sold at full game price), worse in some ways, better in none.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have never played battlefield, go for BF4 instead. They have fixed many of its issues at this point, hardline just feels like a mod to BF4.

I tried it 2 days ago and I refunded it in 2 hours.
    BF3 and BF4 were amazing, this was..meh at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed bf3...the dao 12 is op like a motherfucker. I would like to think that bf hardline would be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last battlefield game I bought, I think, was 2142? Maybe 3? Four just did not appeal to me and Hardline? The first time I saw it I thought it was a mod. But EA is actually trying to sell it? No thanks.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Do they still force you to matchmake with a browser interface, or is there proper multi-player again?

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Do they still force you to matchmake with a browser interface, or is there proper multi-player again?
    It's still fully on the browser, atleast on pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez after reading this I dont think ill be picking this up at all now. Might just be better to get GTA or BF4.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a huge fan of military shooters so of course I would say no don't get it because it's most likely not much different from all the other military shooters out there but don't just listen to other people's opinion to determine whether or not you should get a game. I'm not defending this game in any way but I'm just saying you'll never really know until you try it out for yourself. Download a demo if there is one, borrow it from a friend, watch Youtube gameplay videos on it, or if you have that Gamefly thing rent it from there. Don't just listen to other people's opinion on it. I'd say if you've never played a Battlefield game get Battlefield 3. It's mega cheap like around $5-$8 so you won't really be losing anything and it most likely plays just like this Hardline game except different characters and different terrorists to kill. Or if you were really interested in it, just wait until it's around $15-$20 or whatever price is affordable for you.

To be honest I don't think ANY of these Call of Duty or Battlefield games are even worth the $60. For the content they have it's worth no more than like $35. SO buying any of these games at a price bigger than that is a bad idea.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-03-21 at 07:28 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

If you like terrible and overpriced games then sure go ahead. I see you mention many versions of CoD so you must do, this game will suit you just fine

Totalbiscuit released a WTF for this game. In short he completely agrees with other people that the game feels too much like a DLC, but still enjoys playing it.

I've been a big fan of COD over the years. I got into the series during MW2 and fell in love with the franchise. The multiplayer in MW2 gave me hours and hours of some of my best online gaming experiences. MW3, I felt perfected the multiplayer formula and was even better. I put in even more hours in the game. Black Ops 2 felt pretty disappointing cause you didn't have many different strategies.

While you had a lot of campers and noob tubers during the MW2 and MW3 era, you now and "runners and gunners" primarily in Black Ops 2. That is all anyone ever did. So you ran into a room and BAM! You had someone running out shooting at you. I didn't quite like the evolution of the franchise even though Black Ops 2 proved successful.

I got into Battlefield during BFBC2. Played through the campaign and dabbled in multiplayer. I continued with BF3 but I only finally got to understand multiplayer in BF4. You have to play for the objectives in Battlefield. I started of pretty slow in BF4 but that is probably the only game I've played over the last month on my console.

For example if you are the Assault class, make sure you are throwing down medi kits and reviving your team mates. If you are Support, drop down ammo.

Though the Battlefield franchise is best played with a group of friends since communication does win you games.

My only biggest frustration with the Battlefield franchise, unlike COD is that the game just feels like a freaking grind. COD is perfect for a quick pick up before work or nights when you plan on winding down before heading to bed. Battlefield just feels way to competitive where you actually have to "invest" often times significant amount of time in a single game. An average conquest game in BF is around 30 minutes. An average Domination game in COD is like 10 minutes. Even levelling up is significantly slower in BF. You really have to grind those levels and that is where playing the objective comes up again. If you ain't going to play the objectives you ain't going to level up.

Though I would recommend getting BF4 Premium Edition when it does go on sale. I ain't a fan of DLC but the Premium does offer the complete BF experience.

i probably won't bother with hardline since i got bf4 not that long ago, but i read they haven't dropped bf4 yet they are apparently bringing out a map pack for it this year some remakes of old classics. i was also reading about them wanting to fix the random shit that goes on (like rambos and deathmatching, i think they wanted to buff teamplay by a large margin bring it more inline with say bf2). and a few other things. the map pack might even be free for everyone. not sure about that but they are trying to regain community faith so, its a possibility.

they did have a 50% off sale around xmas time on bf4 (think premium only cost me like 20 quid), probably do it again at some point. been playing other stuff though recently so its been over a month since my last bf4 shotgun fun fest. ahh the shotguns so much win. so much rage.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2015-03-23 at 05:38 AM.