Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Gruul Inferno Slice Soloable by BrM?

Just curious, is inferno slice soloable by brewmasters with Zen Med or FortBrew + Dampen Harm + minor externals?

Should be with Diffuse Magic.

edit: Never mind, I'm bad. It's physical damage to the tank. But either way, Zen Med should drop it down to 50k. Keep in mind Gruul gets 50 rage if he doesn't hit a group with it.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-03-20 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    You generally don't want to solo a slice on Mythic Gruul because if he does not hit 4 players he gains a huge chunk of energy.

you should be able to take 2-3 of them in a row with some external CDs

Deleted
    Hes done 10 slices with us, so even if its 'the last one' it might not be. Be on your toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teippi View Post
    you should be able to take 2-3 of them in a row with some external CDs
    Reiterating this. One of ours kills turned to shit and our BrM had to solo three of them... Pretty much out of options after that, fortunately three was all we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Should be with Diffuse Magic.

edit: Never mind, I'm bad. It's physical damage to the tank. But either way, Zen Med should drop it down to 50k. Keep in mind Gruul gets 50 rage if he doesn't hit a group with it.
    Diffuse Magic negates the group split portion fire damage which is the part that will kill you. The physical damage tank portion is not going to kill you unless you aren't full health going in / have a stack without a cd up.

Either way though, Dampen Harm is probably the better choice over diffuse.

I wrote a huge thing about this, taking all of the numbers of it and seeing what you need to do to solo each one. It turns out that even without Fort Brew and Zen Meditation, if you have enough external CDs you could solo up to 4 in a row. That was before they nerfed the Inferno Slice debuff length though, now you can just have three groups go 1-1-1 and the boss is basically a free kill as long as your raid is over 680 ilvl. I don't really see any reason why you'd have to complicate things by soloing anymore, but if you do want to, here are the raw damage values after armor (for 3118 armor):

First Slice – 0:00 – 1.35 million Physical + 1.22 million Fire

Second Slice – 0:07 – 1.62 million Physical + 1.22 million Fire

Third Slice – 0:14 – 1.89 million Physical + 1.22 million Fire

Fourth Slice – 0:21 – 2.16 million Physical + 1.22 million Fire
    This is also before Stagger, so make of that what you will.

Finally, I mocked up a sample cooldown rotation that would allow you to survive without using Fort Brew or Zen Meditation:

First Slice – Dampen Harm + Guard + Ironbark

Second Slice – 3rd charge of Dampen Harm + Vigilance + Sac + 2 of Anything else

Third Slice – Any 3 of Vigilance, Sac, or Ironbark

Fourth Slice – Guard
    However, like I said, there is very little reason to actually do this anymore because the boss is kind of a joke as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    [snip]
    I assume this isn't factoring in Soul Dance? How would it go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by joshlightman View Post
    Just curious, is inferno slice soloable by brewmasters with Zen Med or FortBrew + Dampen Harm + minor externals?
    Our original Mythic Grull strategy actually involved solo soaking half of the slices. He gains extra energy when he doesn't hit a big enough group, but he will only do a max of 11 slices before phasing (most of the time he only does 10 but his abilities line up differently sometimes and you get that extra yolo slice).

First two stacks were put on two groups of 5 players by our third tank (monk, but any tank can do this job).

Slices 3-5 I soloed with Vigi/Sac/Bark/Guard, Pol's/Fort Brew/Dampen/Cocoon, the back end of Pol's/Fort Brew/last hit from Dampen/Guard.

Slices 6 and 7 were put on the two groups again.

Slices 8-10 were soloed by our Blood DK with Sac/Rune Tap/AMS, Bark/Rune Tap/Pain Suppression, IBF/AMS (glyph to recharge faster)/ sometimes Purgatory into LoH.

If we got an 11th stack we let the DK take it and either just get brezzed or if purgatory hadn't procced yet it went there.

Then he transitions, does his smashes.

Slice 1-2 on groups.

Slice 3-5 soloed by Monk with Vigi/Sac/Bark/Guard, Pol's/Armor Potion/Dampen/Cocoon/Barrier (we threw a lot of stuff at this since I won't have wall up and it was the one we wiped to the most. I ended up taking 0 damage so feel free to save barrier for something else), Zen Med/Guard.

Slices 6-7 on group.

Slices 8-10 DK tank same CDs as before (glyph IBF so its up again).

Slice 11 suicide DK tank if no purgatory.

Transition, smashes.

Repeat the CD order from the first time. Keep in mind we had a disc priest and this strat minimized raid damage, so the disc was assigned to basically just spam the hell out of Clarity of Will on us before every slice.

We used this strategy because it gives you an extra 30s on berserk and puts all the responsibility of the fight on a few specific people instead of having the whole raid taking dot damage and transition phase possibly killing them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I assume this isn't factoring in Soul Dance? How would it go with it.
    You would go back into your talent table before the pull, and swap back to an actually useful talent for this fight.

With the change to the duration of the DoT, there's almost no reason to get fancy with the slashes anymore.

Split the raid into 3 groups, one slash on each then cycle back to the first. Nobody ever has more than 1 DoT stack (other than the tanks).

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    With the change to the duration of the DoT, there's almost no reason to get fancy with the slashes anymore.

Split the raid into 3 groups, one slash on each then cycle back to the first. Nobody ever has more than 1 DoT stack (other than the tanks).
    Heya, sorry to bother guys but as we're about to progress Gruul mythic with my guild and I've just seen what Shamanberry said - how long is the DoT atm? And i'm guessing it's the same duration on both tank and the raid members who helped soaking the slice?

Cheers up front!

Quote Originally Posted by WinterQT View Post
    Heya, sorry to bother guys but as we're about to progress Gruul mythic with my guild and I've just seen what Shamanberry said - how long is the DoT atm? And i'm guessing it's the same duration on both tank and the raid members who helped soaking the slice?

Cheers up front!
    The DoT is 30 seconds but the Inferno Strike debuff that increases your damage taken from it is 40 seconds. The entire fight is designed around the assumption of 3 soak groups with one tank taking it for each of the three, then the next tank taking the next three, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible. Our Gruul strat (we killed it on the 11th pull) was to use two Blood DKs and one Brewmaster to solo soak all the cleaves but one or two. We'd get up to 12 or 13 slices before he pushed into the next phase, but it's certainly feasible.

we had our brewmaster solo tank the 9th slice before every intermission, since he goes into intermission after the 9th slice no matter what

Thank you all for the input. Unfortunately/Fortunately, we've decided to gravitate away from the solo soak as my raid comp + bench has enough flexibility with raid CD's.

Just to clarify some of the questions mentioned above, the debuff lasts for 45 seconds on mythic, changed from 30 seconds on heroic.

We have also opted for a 3rd tank, running with 3 stack groups. Meaning the slice order would be something along the lines of 1-1-2-2-3(immunity group)-1-1-2-2 then intermission, repeat and shiny pixels

Quote Originally Posted by joshlightman View Post
    Thank you all for the input. Unfortunately/Fortunately, we've decided to gravitate away from the solo soak as my raid comp + bench has enough flexibility with raid CD's.

Just to clarify some of the questions mentioned above, the debuff lasts for 45 seconds on mythic, changed from 30 seconds on heroic.

We have also opted for a 3rd tank, running with 3 stack groups. Meaning the slice order would be something along the lines of 1-1-2-2-3(immunity group)-1-1-2-2 then intermission, repeat and shiny pixels
    We got our first kill in mythic last night on Gruul and it was quite easy. I never had to solo soak, we 2 tanked it, I was the one taking most of the inferno slices as the one tank with my dk being the 2 tank. 1-1-1-2-2-2-1-1-1 then rampage. We killed it after a total of about 20 pulls.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...AMvdtG#fight=3

Here's our log, we used 3 soaking groups. Make sure no one is ice blocking/immuning the damage as that was where we were messing up and causing me to get one shot by a few of them where I shouldn't have been getting one shot. Once you have 5-7 people soaking each one, a simple sacrifice/vig/etc +guard will nullify the first two very easily and then the third just use a major ie: Dampen/Fort brew/Zen Med.

Very easy fight if I do say so myself. Looking forward to the rest of the instance!
    Last edited by Ultramad; 2015-03-26 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    We got our first kill in mythic last night on Gruul and it was quite easy. I never had to solo soak, we 2 tanked it, I was the one taking most of the inferno slices as the one tank with my dk being the 2 tank. 1-1-1-2-2-2-1-1-1 then rampage. We killed it after a total of about 20 pulls.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...AMvdtG#fight=3

Here's our log, we used 3 soaking groups. Make sure no one is ice blocking/immuning the damage as that was where we were messing up and causing me to get one shot by a few of them where I shouldn't have been getting one shot. Once you have 5-7 people soaking each one, a simple sacrifice/vig/etc +guard will nullify the first two very easily and then the third just use a major ie: Dampen/Fort brew/Zen Med.

Very easy fight if I do say so myself. Looking forward to the rest of the instance!
    Thanks for your input, will look at the logs more in depth later! Although, just the first thing i noticed was a 6 min kill. Just under the bar for enrage?

Congrats on the kill as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jieun View Post
    we had our brewmaster solo tank the 9th slice before every intermission, since he goes into intermission after the 9th slice no matter what
    We do this as well. We use a 2 tank strat and have a pally BoP our tank for the 9th slice. Obviously, if the pally is slow on the BoP the tank will die horribly, which does happen to us every once and a while, but it does work.