(new) Monk in Heroic Instances

So my monk is 'newish' 100

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Finnwaz/advanced

I tried to heal Heroic Grimrail Depot last night and had a lot of difficulties keeping the tank up (DK). Even got a comment like 'don't you have any better heals'

Here is how I went about it:

Dropped Statue
    Tried keeping Renewing Mist up on everybody
    Used Soothing Mist as need and dropped Enveloping Mist as needed
    Used Uplift when possible

Even with all that I had to almost spam surging mist on the tank...not sure if it was because of my gear or the tank but spamming surging kills my mana.

Am I missing some major part in the 'rotation' or just sucking in general (as I said I'm a total noob at WoD monk healing but I have all the other healers at 100.

Deleted
    Mistweaver are incredible weak in 5 mans, so just dont bother with it. Get the Nagrand Quest gear/crafted gear/legendary ring/garrison stuff and jump into LFR/Normal HM. Without logs its pretty impossible to tell if youve been doing something wrong anyways, so if you are playing correctly ( and actually do what u write down. Often times ppl just write different things than what they do ingame) is very hard to tell.

1. Monks are extremely dependant on multistrike I heard, which is hard to find if you have random levelling gear. On the other hard mastery is meh.

2. Grimrail depot is the worst heroic for healers if everyone stands in crap, that and Iron Docks I personally despise. Try Auchindoun for a change, I found it easiest for a new healer (just sometimes imps instagib people /shrug), or Slag Mines.

3. Some classes have it easier in low gear in 5mans, some have it harder, for example I tried healer proving grounds and it was extremely easy as a resto druid while I was struggling as a holy paladin (low range and mana expensive aoe healing, can't abuse double beacon due to no 2 tanks scenario etc.)

4. If you struggle with mana you could try chi torpedo + the 3 roll charges talent, chi wave (easier to target if people are running left and right), also can't see any major glyphs in your armory, could be a glitch, check what you have and if you have any better option for the current content.

5. It could be the tank's fault as well, some tanks due to lack of gear or skill just take tremendous amounts of damage in comparison to other ones. It happened to me to join a dungeon and wipe on first boss just to have tank leave, another joins and it goes 3 times easier just because he was better geared or more skilled. Test it few times in different instances with different tanks before you draw conclusion is it you or him.

6. Highmaul lfr is easier than heroic dungeons, drops better loot and very easy to pad meters in general, just watch out on Koragh / Imperator as those fights often take super long in lfr (half the people die from random mechanics) and if you spam your best heals from the start you run out of mana if low geared. Spam revival every time people drop low and it's off cooldown and you can do great on healing meters. :P