Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't, but my father in law comes from a very wealthy family in Iran.

15+ Year Old Account
    My parents are poor as fuck. They are trying to survive every month. But they are in this shit because of war and having to move to get a better life for me and my sis. They are rich on something though, and that is love for me and my sister.
    I myself am somewhere in the middle. My earning is just a bit less than the Swedish average. I am however fighting for my dreams and advanced quite a bit in the past 2 years. That is going from nothing to almost the middle class.
    I do not wish to be rich, but living comfortably is my dream. But I would offer it all as well as your, your parents, your childrens and pretty much every human life just to make my parents enjoy their last time on this god forsaken dirt ball.

My in-laws. My Father in law owned his own industrial chemical company, until selling it and investing in a white goods company that makes dishwashers / driers / refrigerators. He regularly travels to Italy where he sources a lot of his parts for his products.

Their house is amazing. Multi-story, on a private reserve that backs onto a golf course. Heated floors, sound proof entertainment room, heated swimming pool and a tennis court. He has a small yacht that is down at the local mariner. He drives around in a BMW M3.

Me. I'm university educated, work in Education, married with 2 kids (both with special needs) and live reasonably comfortably, but don't have a lot of savings.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Yes. My family in general is in the upper end of the middle class. However, my one Uncle was a fairly big name in radio broadcasting during it's hayday and has done quite a bit of investing. He is very wealthy these days.

No. Im one of the better off ones, but I do not let anyone know.

Like my mom told me, I'll never deserve more than a trailer, so I dont try to have much

My dad had money and 2 houses but listed in his will I get nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dirt poor now, grew up in the lower middle class (in the 80s/90s). We ran out of money, 3 year losing battle with cancer can do that to ya. Father had to quit his job to take care of my mother full time, he isn't the best of health himself and quite honestly hasn't recovered from the loss. My partner got a job promotion, we moved out of state a couple months after my mother passed away, I stayed at home to take care of our daughter while we stabilized and then look for work. Well after "she" stabilized and her apparently boyfriend was ready to move in and I got kicked out.

So my parents lost most of what they owned to pay for medical bills(government finally approved my mother for SS disability after 2 years of fighting for it, she passed away within its first month). My ex left me with almost nothing, except debt, left me lots of that. This all happened in the course of the same year, its a lot worse but meh, people have imaginations. My largest luxury is internet at $10 a month which expires in September ugh. Anyone above 40k, I consider well off. I could be comfortable with 20k, yet i can't even achieve that right now.

So for me, anyone making 80k+ I consider rich.

My fathers side is mostly poor with the exception of his brothers and sisters, and a cousin who is in "the business" in Hollywood and does quite well. My mother's side does well, inherited a lot of land in the Islands which was used for farming and exporting, but that's only the very immediate. My uncle (on mother's side) used to do quite well (3m or so a year) but ended up doing something illegal and losing it all. He's now the disgraced person and I personally despise him.

I do okay, but I only had the job I had because of my uncle (on my dad's side) which I recently quit as I look towards a different path. Now I guess I am at a net loss every month.

There is quite a bit of land we have in the blue mountains that could be used for growing coffee beans. During the trip to Jamaica recently we did end up selling some coffee beans to a family friend's friend who is starting a coffee chain (7 stores so far).
    Last edited by Themius; 2015-03-22 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope almost my entire family is poor. at least for danish standards.

My dad owns his own company but business is slow.
    My uncle is manager for a computer company that delivers systems for other companies he is the only one with any above average income.
    And I am a student.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Nope. I'm just a poor boy, and so is the rest of my family. For bonus points, there's a number of carnies on my mother's side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Nope. I'm just a poor boy, and so is the rest of my family. For bonus points, there's a number of carnies on my mother's side.
    Spare you yoor life from this monstrosity?

OT: Im just going to say Im blessed with the family I have, because I think Ive said how we are in other threads and it feels awkward ot keep pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Eh, any way the wind blows. Doesn't really matter to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My grandfather who passed away a couple years ago did some investing in Microsoft a long time ago. My grandmother is a very wealthy woman atm. I don't know how much, and I wouldn't dare ask lol. I do know I'm not getting a bit of since I'm a bastard and not Catholic, but that doesn't bother me.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2015-03-22 at 05:09 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

OT: Im just going to say Im blessed with the family I have, because I think Ive said how we are in other threads and it feels awkward ot keep pointing it out.
    I didn't see anything. I'd prefer you elaborate if you can. I'm genuinely curious. (About everyone in this thread, too.)

Please don't say blessed....

It's become the thing spoiled rich people on instagram say as they take photos of $20k watches while in a $300k car.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

It's become the thing spoiled rich people on instagram say as they take photos of $20k watches while in a $300k car.
    Blessed are the watchmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Blessed are the watchmakers.

This shit needs to stop.

10+ Year Old Account

This shit needs to stop.
    I agree, they really need to turn off the flash.

Nope, most of my relatives that I know of are in the middle class, ranging from drivers to doctors. No millionaires within the last couple centuries.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I don't know my extended family well enough to say but my parents are very well off, although I wouldn't go as far as saying rich. My father is a high ranking public official and my mum is a somewhat successful writer. They own several investment properties and I was lucky enough to be given one (3 bedroom house) but that's as far as their wealth extends to me in adulthood.

10+ Year Old Account

I will continue to do so because I realize that I have benefited greatly form having the family that I do. Not just financially (which is obvious) but also in the emotional support I have been given through my struggles with mental health. My family is extremely close with each other, and thats why I feel blessed more than anything to have a healthy, functional family when so many other people dont.

Not my fault spoiled rich kids ruined that expression. Stupid Jadenisms...
    Last edited by Crissi; 2015-03-22 at 06:38 AM.