Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daxia View Post
    ...the why do you hardly ever see any top pvp players playing hunter? Everyone says they are 1v1 gods but most classes have the upper hand against a hunter.
    DK (If he can avoid being kited)
    Moonkin and feral (superior burst, unslowable and better self heal)
    Windwalker, close call, kind of even I guess.
    Retadin, bubbles, heals, burst, the hunter wont last
    Shadow priest, dots kills hunters.
    Rogue, if he knows what he is doing the hunter is in trouble.
    Eleshammy, better burst, better self heal
    Warlock (especially affliction), because too tanky.
    Warrior, just keep hunter cc'ed and slowed and its GG

Could it be the fact that hunters are kind of a "noob owning class", but against experienced players they are far from as good as everyone say. Maybe people just look at the BG kill score, always see a hunter at top and make the conclusion that they are OP? Well they are OP at kill shotting people who would have died anyway.

If you look at worldofwargraphs for example, hunters are the class with the least amount of players in higher ratings (best is ranked around 60+)

Thoughts?
    Hmm, pvp much? Peel check, stun check, more stuns check, constant slow check, traps allover the place check, repeat. If by some miracle you get to hunter, 2x deterance and disengage will make you cry. I'm not talking about 1k rated hunters m8. But even on top of all that i still find them "somewhat" manageable in 3s since 2 melees can shut him down if done right. It's the feral druids that make me cry. Burst is strong and that should be their thing but every feral heals like hes resto spec if played well, that should be toned down a bit.

The person who came up with Frozen Ammo should be taken out behind a shed and shot.

The person who actually green lighted it should be sold into slavery to Mexican Drug cartels.

Deleted
    Me apply frozen ammo erry time, me kill battleground heroes erry time. Frozen ammo much love, so skill, wow.

You still have a lot gap closers as melee however and sadly frozen ammo is blizzard's way of band aid to hunter's niche (yes, mobility). You have to sit through it this expansion and we'll see if something reasonable comes up the next one. I am up for something more interesting instead of a passive, yet a needed passive that allows me to actually do anything around pillars (and as a MM sadly I'd be completely screwed without frozen ammo).

The trade off is that since MM already has reasonable damage, this talent does add little damage, however greatly increases control instead. I can still kill battleground heroes without frozen ammo and wreck entire unsuspecting groups in seconds with lone wolf (+dedicated healer), the hunter class just works perfectly in group environment with kill shot and burst potential mechanics. You do great damage from 100% to 70% hp, then other people fill in and bring it down to 35% where you have chimera refreshed and combine it with two kill shots. It's just too much to accept in casual environment, but I still hope it lasts (and hunter was always great in casual environment, I love it that my niche is movement and execute or control and harass as survival).

The hunter has the right toolkit for group play, however I still feel kind of hopeless against a lot of classes if the players are skilled. What I agree is stupid a stunned BM hunter healing from pet heal + passive, while rogue hopelessly tries to control and kill, all while being chewed on by that fucking pet that has all ccs dispeled through mend pet (and the hunter shares diminishing returns with his pet, ou yes). Even better is if you play human, you can have two damage trinkets to line up with stacks, BW and use barrage for maximum rating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The person who came up with Frozen Ammo should be taken out behind a shed and shot.

The person who actually green lighted it should be sold into slavery to Mexican Drug cartels.
    Only after the same happens to the idiot who came up with Burst of Speed.

did you even actually look at worldofwargraphs?
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-1.html hunter is the top played pure dps spec, druid is top played class overall but that's split between resto, feral, and boomie only one of which is OP (feral)

Quote Originally Posted by caradic View Post
    did you even actually look at worldofwargraphs?
    hunter is the top played pure dps spec, druid is top played class overall but that's split between resto, feral, and boomie only one of which is OP (feral)
    According to that the top dps specs are arms war, frost dk, combat rogue, ret paladin, then survival hunter, and right below that beast mastery hunter, then right below that is feral druid. So hunters are op because they have two specs worse than the top 4 dps?

Only hunter spec I really think that is op right now is beast mastery. Survival was until the trap nerf in 6.1, and now all hunters got hit with a tranquilizing shot nerf. BM's damage needs to be toned down and then hunters will be average, and we can all go back to bowing down to our melee overlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that is correct. Hunters might actually be the only class an ele shammy can beat these days.
    If I'm behind a tree and get procs. Though, i do such on my elly in pvp.

Ladders are not good indicators of which specs are overpowered. They are only useful in determining which specs synergies the best with each other. Put all cc on the same dr and let's see whether people want affliction warlocks with their tickle dots or hunters.

Why are people whining about frozen ammo?

Only good hunter spec is bm atm, bm doesnt use frozen ammo (cause their lone wold option lets them use pet abilitys) and survival and mm arent op by any margin, so why are you crying?

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Why are people whining about frozen ammo?

Only good hunter spec is bm atm, bm doesnt use frozen ammo (cause their lone wold option lets them use pet abilitys) and survival and mm arent op by any margin, so why are you crying?
    Because they're all living in the past, where hunters had 12 seconds traps, chimera shots could crit for 120k, and tranq shots cost 20 focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    That works for Ret/DK....not Warrior. Good Warriors easily chew Hunters up they have numerous gap closers, slows and stuns.
    I think you sir have been smoking the same stuff as the op

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Ret: Kite him to death
    DK: Kite to death
    Warrior: Kite to death
    GL to kite my retry to death
    As hunter i have no problems with DKs they are hard but most easy ones from melees.Warriors just have insane brust when they get to you and thats will hapen for sure every good warrior can do it.Retri pff slow djudjments self heal insane brust and range dps if you can kite him

As a hunter.. I can easily kill anyone except for Feral druids and Enhance shammys. Their heals are just too strong and the way they can just get out of all my slows hurts me. Warriors are a close 3rd when it comes to being hard.. just the amount of stuns and charge just annoy me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    As a hunter.. I can easily kill anyone except for Feral druids and Enhance shammys. Their heals are just too strong and the way they can just get out of all my slows hurts me. Warriors are a close 3rd when it comes to being hard.. just the amount of stuns and charge just annoy me.
    You need to be proactive with your cc vs feral druids so you counter their gap closers. Haven't had any issue with enhance shammies this expansion, um I guess counter shot when they hard cast a heal and pet attack healing stream totem?

Well then you have to add to the equation that there are roughly twice as many hunters than warlocks around.
    Source?

Deleted
    ...the why do you hardly ever see any top pvp players playing hunter? Everyone says they are 1v1 gods but most classes have the upper hand against a hunter.
    DK (If he can avoid being kited)
    Moonkin and feral (superior burst, unslowable and better self heal)
    Windwalker, close call, kind of even I guess.
    Retadin, bubbles, heals, burst, the hunter wont last
    Shadow priest, dots kills hunters.
    Rogue, if he knows what he is doing the hunter is in trouble.
    Eleshammy, better burst, better self heal
    Warlock (especially affliction), because too tanky.
    Warrior, just keep hunter cc'ed and slowed and its GG

Could it be the fact that hunters are kind of a "noob owning class", but against experienced players they are far from as good as everyone say. Maybe people just look at the BG kill score, always see a hunter at top and make the conclusion that they are OP? Well they are OP at kill shotting people who would have died anyway.

If you look at worldofwargraphs for example, hunters are the class with the least amount of players in higher ratings (best is ranked around 60+)

Thoughts?
    Ok.. lets bite:

DK "if can avoid being kited?" as dk you can not avoid being kited. If you Death grip the hunter he disengage + post haste = bai bai hunter OR.. simple master's call does the trick. If you try to run to the hunter he .. he just Master's call. and runs away. Than death grip? = than disengage is again .. hunter gone.

Moonkin: if the stars aline and 3 of his starsurges crit he does tons of damage.. that leaves his Reju left to keep him alive. Or are you planning to hard cast and get interrupted? Hunters can not be interrupted nevertheless they are ranged classes. If the hunter is BM and gets into Beastial wrath he can even dispell every buff/heal whatever from the moonkin without serious focus consquences (focus cost cut in 2 remember?)
    feral: Feral is squishy as hell. try MM and aimed/chimera/kill shot him.. nice effects. only issue is his opening and incarnation. Guess what.. "deterence" ? oh wait..

WW monk?.. are you fecking serious? lets not go there

Retardin. With the current nerf to dispells.. it might be the only class which gives the hunter an issues due to the fact you can not perma slow it. Hand of Freedom ftw.. but hee.. I won't say you will loose all the time

shadowpriest? dots? since when do shadowpriest dot hit for more than 10k together? Besides.. Vampire is casting time = interuptable. Currently biggest thread of shadowpriest is more instant cast Mind blast/Mindspikes (dotting the pet hopelfully gives procs) .. that couple with horror effects MIGHT just MIGHT get a hunter into problems.. but.. sorry a BW + Fervor + trinket + Barrage = ruins priests day

rogue maybe
    Ele shammy if stars aline and he gets 3 procs and multistrikes on Lava burst. yes. else .. forget it.
    Warlock interrupt haunt/drain life = shadowschool gone.. and since no fell flame or anything for affliction = dead lock
    warrior maybe

this is are not my "thoughts" this is me playing all the classes you mentioned above. All in pvp and all in RBG. and.. also a hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    Did you just compare Elemental Shaman to any Hunter and claim Elemental Shamans are superior?
    Good luck in your life.
    In 1v1 vs a hunter, the shaman has the upper hand. Ofcourse in general pvp, a hunter is much better.