Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    We call it: The Duke Nukem Forever Effect.
    After that game finally saw the light of day, more than a decade and a half later than it was announced, it was doomed to fail because the expectations for it had become so high.
    The game itself being shit didn't help exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    We call it: The Duke Nukem Forever Effect.

After that game finally saw the light of day, more than a decade and a half later than it was announced, it was doomed to fail because the expectations for it had become so high.
    Duke Nukem Forever didn't fail because of the high expectations. It failed because it was absolutely shit in about all of it's aspects.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'd rather the series die at the end of Episode 2 than risk there being a Duke Nukem Forever scenario again regarding Episode 3 or a full on Half-Life 3. I'd like to see the story get a wrap up but other than that, good memories should stay good memories.

DNF's first (and only) DLC though where Gearbox took over on story was actually kind of fun, at least.

I'd rather they make Left 4 Dead 3 instead of Half-Life 3. And actually improve on the game and add new features and gameplay as opposed to just some new weapons and maps like they did with Left 4 Dead 2.

Deleted
    Half Life 3 confirmed, actually.