Thread: The main raider

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The main raider

I dont enjoy playing alts. I only raid on my main. I dont enjoy pvp. outside of raiding mythic 2-3 days a week, I am totally bored. Was it better in the past? What else is there to do??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    I dont enjoy playing alts. I only raid on my main. I dont enjoy pvp. outside of raiding mythic 2-3 days a week, I am totally bored. Was it better in the past? What else is there to do??
    If you don't like any of the other content, then no. Maybe 1-2 more raid days in the past (depending on how far back we go) and that is about it. Oh, and more farming as more was needed to be ready for raids.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yes, in the past there were more things to do. Blizzard took on a very "raid or die" philosophy with WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Warlords of No Content!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, in the past there were more things to do. Blizzard took on a very "raid or die" philosophy with WoD.
    What are those "more things"? Beside raiding and PVP, we have now challenge modes, pet battles, brawlers guild, garrison, treasure hunt and ofc crapton of different achievements to complete and stuff to collect. What were those "more things" in the past?

there weren't really more things to do in the past, things that aren't raiding/pvp just took longer.

I mean, I have good memories of farming the elemental plateau with some guildies ad nauseum because we needed mats for whatever reason, but I don't want to return to a time when that much farming was necessary just to be ready for raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... You had a more 'Raid or die' back in the days, now they offer much more but take notice, the OP doesn't wish to do much more. And by that view further back in the days, he would be even more stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    The question wasn't 'No content' topic. As well, for the OP's view, the 'no content' cry would have started for him far back. At least now there's more choices.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

what i mean is, theres literally no grind to improve my character in pve whatsoever. when i login, i have zero motivation to do anything because there is no reward. (outside of my scheduled mythic raid days)

what the game needs is reasons to run dungeon/ loot locked raid content. maybe a point system which can be used to upgrade even the highest levels of mythic gear. idk just brainstorming , but for an mmo like wow the lack of rewarding grindable content when you are a mythic raider is bad...

You want dailies or valor that reward Mythic level gear? They never had grindable content that gave you lots of max level gear. Not sure why you suddenly want WoD to do that.

I wish people would gives example as what more contents there were in the past rather than just a general "yes".

Deleted

<<<<

It's because of people like you that the world is the shitfest that it is. That is the most ignorant comment i've read in years regarding wow, literally dig a hole and put yourself in it.

Deleted
    Imagine how people like me feel who are bored with raiding too (i kinda like pvp but just casually)
    and yes it was lot better in the past there where dailys, 5 mans stayed relevant cause of valor/justice points and so on
    i don't know what blizz is thinking people are leaving in droves our guild is just about to merge for the 5. time to be able to raid mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    You want dailies or valor that reward Mythic level gear? They never had grindable content that gave you lots of max level gear. Not sure why you suddenly want WoD to do that.
    no i want them to allow us to upgrade gear. aka, grind dungeons/raids, use points awarded from grind to slightly enhance our current gear.

give me a reason to play the freaking game outside of raid days...

no i want them to allow us to upgrade gear. aka, grind dungeons/raids, use points awarded from grind to slightly enhance our current gear.

give me a reason to play the freaking game outside of raid days...
    They had this is MoP and on paper it sounds good, but in practice it is terrible. You have people wanting to hearth back after every boss to upgrade their new piece because without upgrading it, it's not an actual upgrade over the piece they have now but they want to use their new loots. It's a nightmare.

Deleted
    I quit wow weeks ago because I had nothing else to do outside of raid. Didn't have alts, had all the mogs I wanted, wasn't interested in pet battles nor achivements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling alts used to take a while and felt more like a side project. A way to see quests and parts of WoW you missed. Now it can go by so fast it's more of a tedious grind.

It was a grind before but everyone knew it took a while so there wasn't as much pressure to 'GET UR ALTS TO END GAME!!1'

The slower leveling experience had it's merits.

But as someone who also exclusively plays their main... Outside of raiding I really don't do alot. An occasional achievement. Challenge modes, a pet here and there, but that's all.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Leveling alts used to take a while and felt more like a side project. A way to see quests and parts of WoW you missed. Now it can go by so fast it's more of a tedious grind.

It was a grind before but everyone knew it took a while so there wasn't as much pressure to 'GET UR ALTS TO END GAME!!1'

The slower leveling experience had it's merits.

But as someone who also exclusively plays their main... Outside of raiding I really don't do alot. An occasional achievement. Challenge modes, a pet here and there, but that's all.

Yeah its pretty sad, blizzard just needs to give us something worth farming for outside of raiding. Let me farm something that gives me +20 str/agi/int per week or something. It can be miniscule but at least its worth doing and gives you a sense of progression and time spent is worth.

Or alternatively, every dungeon you run each week gives you 5 secondary stat points that you can choose to assign to crit/multi/haste/mastery/versatility/etc, with a max cap of 20 dungeons a week.

BOOM now I have incentive to grind dungeon content, and do 3 dungeons a day.
    Last edited by HappyLuckBox; 2015-03-21 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah its pretty sad, blizzard just needs to give us something worth farming for outside of raiding. Let me farm something that gives me +20 str/agi/int per week or something. It can be miniscule but at least its worth doing and gives you a sense of progression and time spent is worth.

Or alternatively, every dungeon you run each week gives you 5 secondary stat points that you can choose to assign to crit/multi/haste/mastery/versatility/etc, with a max cap of 20 dungeons a week.

BOOM now I have incentive to grind dungeon content, and do 3 dungeons a day.
    That's what the bonus roll coins were supposed to be, an extra incentive for raiders to log on and do something outside of the raids. That's why it required you to do an average of 6 dailies a day to get your three coins per week.

Sadly people whined to no end about how much "work" it took and how daily quests was the only means of gaining them, so they both nerfed the amount of coins needed to get them and increased the amount of sources that gave you minor coins to the point that they even used those said coins as currency for item level upgrades...

If Blizzard adds anything at all that can give any form of advantage in raids, people see it as a mandatory must have thing, and if said thing is tedious/takes time to get, there will be an outrage at how poorly Blizzard designs their game and how they only cater to (insert audience).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    what do you mean no content ?
    if you are a raid geared character there is

There is

Jumping Puzzles.
    Gliding Puzzles.
    Sitting for hours on end camping a mount mob
    And my personal favorite.
    Sitting round in your garrison doing nothing all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post
    That's what the bonus roll coins were supposed to be, an extra incentive for raiders to log on and do something outside of the raids. That's why it required you to do an average of 6 dailies a day to get your three coins per week.

Sadly people whined to no end about how much "work" it took and how daily quests was the only means of gaining them, so they both nerfed the amount of coins needed to get them and increased the amount of sources that gave you minor coins to the point that they even used those said coins as currency for item level upgrades...

If Blizzard adds anything at all that can give any form of advantage in raids, people see it as a mandatory must have thing, and if said thing is tedious/takes time to get, there will be an outrage at how poorly Blizzard designs their game and how they only cater to (insert audience).
    This is why it is never good for devs to listen to their audience. It only leads to catering to the lowest common denominator.