thinking of getting it questions.

hi me and my friend are thinking of getting this game. i have a few questions if u don't mind answering .

1. we play together every night for like 2 to 3 hours will we get anywhere doing that?
    a. can we group together and level together like we did in star wars mmo?

2. is one on one dueling in this game?

3. how is the end game content in this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. yes
    a. yes
    2. Not directly. There is structured PvP and WvW where you can duel against each other. Someone with more experience can give a better answer
    3. There are many things to do. imho, the "endgame" in gw2 is what endgame should be in an mmo. Go out into the world and do stuff. There aren't any "raids" or real gear progression, but much content of events, worldbosses, level 80 only areas, crafting legendarys, ascended armor, WvW leveling, structured PvP, explorer dungeons, living story, achievements, jumping puzzles etc., I played WoW and several clones of it for nearly 10 years and i do not miss its type of "endgame".
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

To be more elaborate.

1.) Getting "anywhere" depends on what you decide. The ultimate goal of GW2 as a game is to have fun, if you enjoyed your experiences in those few hours doing whatever is you want (dungeons, dynamic events, RP, etc) then you have achieved your goal of getting somewhere.

If you mean leveling, leveling is almost entirely irrelevant. With only max level restricting a few things, but those few things are the same things you will be doing while leveling but offering variety (exploring zones and such)

a.) You can level together forever, if one gets higher he/she will be down scaled to the appropriate area and be rewarded for your actual level. You can level to 80 entirely in the first zone and gear for 80 to (if you are that dedicated)

2) In Structured PvP you can "rent" your own map and lock out strangers and only invite who you want and you can 1vs1 that way. There are also public dueling maps people open up but subject to trolling.

3) End game is whatever you want to do. There is no traditional endgame of get to max levels and do dungeons/raids. You will be scaled where ever you are and be rewarded for your actual level. If you just want to do jumping puzzles forever in low level zones you can do that, dungeons? Exploring? PvP? You name it. Just do what you think is fun in the game and that is it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

1: Yes, of course. If you focus on exploration leveling will seem slow but keep this in mind: That's OK! You will complete many zones, participate in many events, and slowly make your way to level cap.

A: Yes absolutely.

2: Sorta. It doesn't exist but people have made public servers in Spvp specifically for dueling.

3: This one depends. If you're looking for extremely hard core raiding scheduled where you no life it and a month or so later when you're still grinding the same content and hating yourself for it... You won't find it. End game in GW2 Is more like: Do wtfever and have fun doing it. You can pvp, both open world and instanced. You can do dungeons, explore, gather stuff, work on achievements... Honestly, do what ever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by bomkata View Post
    1. we play together every night for like 2 to 3 hours will we get anywhere doing that?
    a. can we group together and level together like we did in star wars mmo?
    Of course. All MMORPGs with cooperative gameplay allow this.

2. is one on one dueling in this game?
    No. The majority gameplay experience is cooperative. Competitive play only exists in limited areas and are structured.

3. how is the end game content in this game?
    Currently there is no endgame in any of the five Guild Wars games. The question is not relevant to the franchise currently.