He's dead Jim (another returning player)

So, I played the game in beta and then from Launch up to levelling a L50 Seer and a few alts. Having just returned now currently as F2P while I see if Ill stick around. Ive bought the expansion and have started the Hutt line. I emptied my bag to my cargo hold (as I cant remember what anything is for, thats for another day), deleted all quests and just had the one from my ship for the new quest line.

I confirmed my spec as a Seer for healing, saw my trainer to make sure I was up to date and then started.

Now, previously in my guild I could level solo fine and was the healer for flashpoints we done. The guild doesnt really exist now though Ive set myself up as a healer again. First experience in the new quest line was the first mob I saw killing me. And again. And again. Ok, time to step back and ask some questions, so here I am.

It may be that I need to let the companion do more dps and me just concentrate on keeping him alive? I sent him in, threw some dots and then started to heal, but once he died I was toast. He is set up as a tank. I assume thats still the best companion for a healer?

Another thing might be that I should actually solo / level as Tele and not healer? Im wondering what the balance is of Flashpoints to solo content. I always like to level as healer spec to help me get used to the skills etc. Is this possible?

I've read a few guides on the Seer since returning and most talk about healing or adding some DPS in a flashpoint and not actually levelling and how to handle yourself.

I had thought of starting over (relearning a class in the process), just seems a shame when I have a L50 and new content to explore.

You can imagine how lost I feel after being away so long, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Well during the Makeb quest line, the mob health and damage jump considerably more.

Have you been using the GSI Satellite boost? At almost every speeder point, they'll be a device that gives you a buff.

The buff gives you like 150% exploration xp boost, something like 3% health regen every 3 seconds, and boosts your stats a pretty large amount. Don't really know the numbers, but as a fresh 50 Sage, I used the boost and went from 12k health to 30k. Just to give you an idea how large the boost is.

The buff persists through death, if you Makeb whether it be through a warzone/flashpoint que or the planet all together, you'll lose the buff. The buff does not affect companions.

I returned to the game myself not that long ago. It is somewhat tough to get back into the swing of things, and I contemplated just replaying the classes, but a couple guides and some common sense reading will get you back into flow.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2015-03-21 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. I went back in and realised i was dying to fast as was hitting an elite mob. Also quickly remembered that unlike some MMOs you cant just wade in to a group, especially as a healer. So, with a bit of thought (use force lift on one, send companion against a 2nd and dps a 3rd) I got past a few groups etc. Think Ill try and stick it out as a healer spec for now and then when Ive quested a bit Ill try a flashpoint. Then worry about what crafting was etc.

Deleted
    I just came back the other day as well when I was in my garrison in wow thinking this is getting a bit boring , lets set my daggers down for a bit and go stealthing again on my 55 jedi shadow , and its great to be back for a while at least ! . I haven't tried a sage much yet , but yeah the whole thing of wading in and grinding down a whole lot of mobs at once isn't as easy in swtor as it is in wow I think hehe

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like op should be banned for trying to make a star trek joke in the star wars section.

(kidding)
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I done the same, was in wow and Ive been toying with coming back here a while. Really enjoyed it when I was here last time around.

Yes, maybe I should have started "These are not the skills you're looking for"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    unless you had the best pvp/raiding gear before the hutt expansion you need to hit up one of the gsi satellite buffs. the zone is very quite unforgiving if you dont have that buff on you. i dont think they did an overall good job of transitioning people from level 50 content to makeb content.

once youre done with makeb and start the revan expansion the gear flow is much much smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I feel like op should be banned for trying to make a star trek joke in the star wars section.

(kidding)
    heh, I was confused by the title at first as well

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    unless you had the best pvp/raiding gear before the hutt expansion you need to hit up one of the gsi satellite buffs. the zone is very quite unforgiving if you dont have that buff on you. i dont think they did an overall good job of transitioning people from level 50 content to makeb content.

once youre done with makeb and start the revan expansion the gear flow is much much smoother.
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I'll keep my eyes open for the points to get the buff at. An hour in and Im feeling a bit more comfy in my role. Just need to do a flashpoint and see how healing feels.