Deleted

Question Terrible at Healing

When I am in a party or raid, I just don't know what to do. What spell do I use and when. I use beacon of light on the main tank and then the talent that gives another beacon of light on the off tank andcshield them both. I then use holy light and flash of light as needed and I cleanse whoever needs a dispel.

The group always wipes. I have read icy veins and I have done what it says. It's hard reading a guide because I'm not used to healing at all.

Is there any good very beginner guide to healing as a pala? Videos would be good and maybe websites. I just want to be good because I think I Coukd really enjoy it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Post your character name/region so I can post your armory.

Whilst a guide will help, your gear might also be the cause.

EDIT: The only "Dufferin" I could find. I assume this is you? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ferin/advanced
    Last edited by Krothar; 2015-03-21 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Post your character name/region so I can post your armory.

Whilst a guide will help, your gear might also be the cause.

EDIT: The only "Dufferin" I could find. I assume this is you?
    That is me, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Dufferin View Post
    I use beacon of light on the main tank and then the talent that gives another beacon of light on the off tank andcshield them both. I then use holy light and flash of light as needed and I cleanse whoever needs a dispel.
    You mention that you followed Icy-Veins but didn't mention anything about generating/spending Holy Power -- are you making sure to do that? If not, give the guide a read again.

You're using a Strength cloak, and agility Neck, a strength ring, a PvP trinket and multiple pieces of level 90 gear. Replace all those with appropriate pieces and you'll see a huge boost. Int pieces with spirit are your priority for neck cloak rings and at least one trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dufferin View Post
    That is me, sorry
    Your neck, cloak and one ring are not for healing/casters, and so outside of the secondary stats theyre useless. Your trinkets are pretty awful too, if you have the gold I'd recommend getting a Darkmoon fair trinket. Keep in mind that neck/cloak/ring/wep/trinkets do not change depending on spec, you do need separate sets for holy/ret.

Spec Eternal Flame instead of Sacred Shield and Sanctified Wrath instead of Holy Avenger. While SS isn't complete shit it requires more micromanagement and effort than EF, and Holy Avenger is just a straight up bad talent. Glyph Merciful Wrath and use Wings basically on cooldown, it's a huge boost to your healing. You shouldn't have to use Flash of Light that much, so that glyph slot might be a bit of a waste tbh, you want to spam Holy Light in between Holy Shock. Make sure you're also using Holy Prism on the boss/enemy to get AoE healing on the group. Don't be afraid to use Hand of Sacrifice on the tank (or some crazy dps) if needed and Lay on Hands if they're about to die. You can also glyph Lay on Hands to get mana back when used.

While you CAN que for Highmaul LFR your equipped ilvl actually is lower than required, so if you feel you're behind in that environment it's not completely unexpected. Keep running dungeons so you replace any low ilevel gear and get more used to the class and its toolkit. Do your apexis daily so you can get your 640 ring and collect stones from Highmaul (once you're comfortable to do it).

You didn't mention holy prism, which is your best healing spell. Make sure To use it on cool down, casting it at the enemy. Also to get the most out of your beacons use holy light / holy shock / eternal flame on the raid unless the tanks are low health or are the only ones taking damage. Glyph merciful wrath and talent sanctified wrath and make sure to use avenging wrath on cooldown until you get better at timing it with higher raid damage.

To be fair. You're 622, i'd assume those dungeons you wipe in is due to your low gear + some idiot who keeps chainpulling and expect you to be full mythic warforged to carry his ass. Other than that, great suggestions above, especially about Holy Prism. Wings+prism with an enemy target is basically 2x LoH over your 5man group
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.