Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Which MMO do you guys think has the most content that can be completed solo outside of WoW? Whether solo instances, old content, etc?

I like raiding, dungeons, and all of that, but I much prefer playing alone over that; not to mention most of my time in game is spent outside of raiding.

In WoW you can solo literally everything up to MoP, none of it can't be solo'd... But then games like ESO have level scaling or content which literally requires a certain number of people to like press four buttons at once, for example. SWTOR also had a lot of that so the amount of content you can do alone quickly dwindles in those games.

So yeah, just curious what some people thought?

Thanks
    Neverwinter is, pretty much, the king of solo content.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Which MMO do you guys think has the most content that can be completed solo outside of WoW? Whether solo instances, old content, etc?

I like raiding, dungeons, and all of that, but I much prefer playing alone over that; not to mention most of my time in game is spent outside of raiding.

In WoW you can solo literally everything up to MoP, none of it can't be solo'd... But then games like ESO have level scaling or content which literally requires a certain number of people to like press four buttons at once, for example. SWTOR also had a lot of that so the amount of content you can do alone quickly dwindles in those games.

Thanks
    ESO has about 400 hours of that atm. They've stated that they plan to add 6 zones by the end of 2016 though
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    ESO has about 400 hours of that atm. They've stated that they plan to add 6 zones by the end of 2016 though
    Yes I have played ESO and the questing is good... But that is it in the way of solo content... Some time last year they added automatic content level scaling that you use whether you want to or not... So I walk into a level 20 dungeon at VR1 and it automatically becomes a VR1 dungeon without any input from me...

I have been leveling exclusively to solo stuff in that game as a nightblade with a lot of self-healing and heavy armor... I have solo'd VR world bosses way above VR1 where I currently am, but I went into a dungeon and can't even get past the first trash pack, which had 7 enemies, each with 110,000HP, hitting several thousand per hit, compared to my 22k HP and like 400DPS...

And then then Craglorn pretty much requires you to quest in a group because even though the enemies can be solo'd, as I said previously, much of the content requires four people to actually be there to activate objectives in tandem and what not...

Thanks
    if you count in the foundry(player made maps/content) then NWO has new content everyday some of it are really good. and some are like arrggg i'm done this sucks to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    if you count in the foundry(player made maps/content) then NWO has new content everyday some of it are really good. and some are like arrggg i'm done this sucks to much.
    Does the player created content reward you in any way? I would think not since someone could just create a simple mission where you click one thing or something.

Does the player created content reward you in any way? I would think not since someone could just create a simple mission where you click one thing or something.
    There's rules that make it harder to exploit than that.

But yes, there's rewards for doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't exactly have group content or action filled combat in that manner you are looking for, but since you have primarily been playing themepark games id say checking our runescape 2007 version could be worth a shot.

If you want themeparked casual content, return to either rift, WoW or SWTOR.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-03-21 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks everyone! Quite alot of varied responses, mostly seem pointing towards Final Fantasy and Secret World, with a few for ESO (Not Skyrim Online like I mistaked sorry :P)
    Quite suprised no one mentioned Wildstar, except 1 or ultimately go back to WoW lol.

I did actually have FFXIV I had it on PS4 and PC, primary reason I bought it was so I can play it on PS4 but got it on PC cheap too...

I am suprised there was not a single GW2 fan too!

I will keep an eye out for TSW on steam sale and also for a free weekend to revisit FF world.

P.S Zealo what exactly is the definition of themepark games? Never heard that term before, cartoonie my guess or no?

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    I am suprised there was not a single GW2 fan too!
    I'm a big fan of the game but what you seem to want out of a game isn't really a strength of GW2, that's why I didn't recommend it

I did actually have FFXIV I had it on PS4 and PC, primary reason I bought it was so I can play it on PS4 but got it on PC cheap too...
    Just curious, what you didn't like about FFXIV?

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Just curious, what you didn't like about FFXIV?
    I barely played it on the PC, I mainly bought it on PS4 like I said and it wasnt as fun plus making my first character to mid 20s then realising that class was tank only, kind of killed my mood abit.. I did reroll to a dps class, lancer I think.. but I had already demotivated myself tbh.

Might try it out again PC only when I hear of a free trial/weekend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm a big fan of the game but what you seem to want out of a game isn't really a strength of GW2, that's why I didn't recommend it
    Thats true and just thought I dont think The Secret World would be for me either, no matter how good a game it might be, I love the holy trinity system in dungeons as well. Tank, Healer etc

10+ Year Old Account
    P.S Zealo what exactly is the definition of themepark games? Never heard that term before, cartoonie my guess or no?
    Not exactly. Its basically one where most of the content is created by developers for the player to experience and is guided throughout the world by it, such as set quest paths, dungeons and raids, as opposed to a sandbox mmo where the developer just provides the world and the content happens by having the players interacting with each with a strong player driven economy. Its called a themepark mmo because the developer heavily guides the rulesets of the game and how players experience it.

Runescape is a bit of a hybrid leaning into the later direction, which is why I thought it could be a breath of fresh air. Id suggest EVE really but its nothing for more casual play.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-03-21 at 09:44 PM.

But then games like ESO have level scaling or content which literally requires a certain number of people to like press four buttons at once, for example.
    Not sure what you're referring to here, but in ESO the only things that require more than one person are things specifically designated as group content. Craglorn is intended to be group content. Solo dungeons do level though which is nice, because it means you'll get appropriate xp for doing it regardless of your level. I'm level 30 and have never encountered a situation requiring multiple people to hit 4 buttons for me to progress.

Ahhh im with you now yeah I definitely prefer themepark mmo's then. Id be interested in Neverwinter but I heard it was very heavy pay 2 win based? Or ultimately pay up again for WoW, only prob there is ive done and seen it all before so gets boring fast

Ahhh im with you now yeah I definitely prefer themepark mmo's then. Id be interested in Neverwinter but I heard it was very heavy pay 2 win based? Or ultimately pay up again for WoW, only prob there is ive done and seen it all before so gets boring fast
    It was, arguably, P2W until about 3 months after launch when they fixed the BoE gear issue.

Now, BIS gear is BoP from heroic dungeons / PvP.

Downloading Neverwinter

Yeah, I'd agree with the suggestions for Neverwinter, The Secret World, and Final Fantasy XIV. If I had the time and friends to play with, I'd be sucked into FFXIV so hard.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Swtor, still the best story-telling of any MMO.

Plus Spaceship Battles as a PvP game type. Yeah. It's good.

I would suggest FF14 but what it seems to be is you are burnt out on the standard MMO themepark shit. With that said either try out The secret world or Neverwinter. Neverwinter is getting a level cap increase soon (which could fuck it up but time will tell) and the secret world is mildly entertaining or TESO.

Personally TESO and TSW are extremely similar gameplay wise. From a gameplay perspective I would have to pick TESO being the better of the two. Theme wise TSW. Though TSW has a horrible client, horrible design decisions that make no sense (can't be shirtless, you have to buy a shirt that makes you look like you are shirtless) and DLC catch up is expensive.

TSW is terrible in general imo. Terrible VA, terrible animations, terrible sounds, horrible character customization, minimal repetitive endgame. The introduction to the story is awful - makes zero sense and you have no idea what NPCs are talking about. Horrible client. Bad UI, boring tab target combat.

Really the only thing going for it is the question and theme. Of course this is just my opinion.
    Last edited by zito; 2015-03-22 at 02:43 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    TSW is terrible in general imo. Terrible VA...
    I literally dropped my spoon (eating ice cream) and ruined my shirt upon reading the bolded part quoted.

Shocking. TSW has some of the best VO I ever heard and the writing was spectacular. IMO, of course.

I think you have to really love language to 'get it'. The particular phrasing they give characters and the particular accents. The inflections and so forth.