Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    As much as I would like this to be true, it is simply not true. After the Seraphim/SoT nerf paladins are at the bottom on single target, and way behind of DKs.
    Actually you may be right on single target, it happens so rarely in this expansion I tend to forget about it.

Definitely more than competitive on AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Actually you may be right on single target, it happens so rarely in this expansion I tend to forget about it.

Definitely more than competitive on AoE.
    AoE happens on 3 bosses out of 10 in BRF. (4 if you want to count Kromogs Hand-phase, but DKs dominate the DPS board there.)

At single target we are bottom:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...691&dataset=95

At cleave we are at the bottom:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...9&difficulty=4

At AoE we are competetive, but DKs and Warriors still beat us.

Deleted
    That feel when as a bear on mythic thogar a warrior dps out threat your aoe tanking on adds and got killed.

Embarrassing man... but the 50% thrash nerf hurt so bad. Rito pls buff Guardian AoE. They are good at single target and cleave.

I vote DK from your current list.

Correct answer however is reroll warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised people are suggesting DKs or Paladins. Undergeared Pally Tanks get trucked in BRF. DK are really good in Dungeons, but havn't seen many in raids.

Honestly unless you have a Brewmaster, the Bear Tank is the best choice in my opninion (An not because I play one).

DK for if you like a bit more of an active playstyle, and to be able to pretty much handle anything thrown at you. Pally for a more set in stone rotation and strong personal cds, and bear if you want a very simple tank.

I should say bear is my absolute least favorite of all tanks, just too simple and doesn't take much skill to actually survive. But if you are just starting out tanking? You will probably understand bear and pally alot more than dk, with bear being considerably easier to do than both.
    Twitch Twitter Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Slatch View Post
    If you can't play a BrM, go DK of those 3. But really Monk and Warrior are hands down just so full of amazing fun.
    What this guy says.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    AoE happens on 3 bosses out of 10 in BRF. (4 if you want to count Kromogs Hand-phase, but DKs dominate the DPS board there.)

At single target we are bottom:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...691&dataset=95

At cleave we are at the bottom:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...9&difficulty=4

At AoE we are competetive, but DKs and Warriors still beat us.
    Wanko, you know as well as I do that the large majority of paladins run Holy Shield which skews the the damage rankings for the whole class.

I'd like to see the same statistics only counting paladins running Seraphim and then see where we end up.

Also in terms of AoE(3+ targets) I count: Furnace, Thogar, Beast, Maidens and then cleave (2+ or small aoe phase) on Flame, Kro, Hans.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I saw is someone in this thread said tank damage doesn't matter.

I laughed, heartily. Tank damage matters. A lot.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    In any case, druids are fine for clearing content, they have perception problems but that's all it is. When it comes to handling BRF, I think druids do very well due to how many bosses, especially early on have mechanics that are essentially big dick damage, and druids are all about big dick damage.
    Yeah, Guardians are fine in BRF.
    The only thing the class needs is a bit of flavor, some small fixes (utilities like Soothe and Decurse shouldn't pop you out of bear form) and perhaps a glyph that changes FR to active absorb, instead of reactive heal - that way you can choose your gameplay style.

Oh and a bit of a bump to AOE threat so we can actually tank a couple of adds.

I like tanking on my DK now the most (as a long time warrior). BrM is good but i don't know i never enjoyed it quite as much as my DK. It is really not that complicated to play, check out the abundance of guides here or feel free to PM me for more information.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Yeah, Guardians are fine in BRF.
    The only thing the class needs is a bit of flavor, some small fixes (utilities like Soothe and Decurse shouldn't pop you out of bear form) and perhaps a glyph that changes FR to active absorb, instead of reactive heal - that way you can choose your gameplay style.

Oh and a bit of a bump to AOE threat so we can actually tank a couple of adds.
    I think a bump might be downplaying it a little. Bears seem to have more trouble, by far, than any other tank when it comes to AoE.

Really though, anything will work outside of really hardcore progression so play what feels good.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I personally found Warrior Tank to be stronger than DK Tank this expansion, but it could be because I'm a baddie. Go with what you like best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodokk View Post
    I think a bump might be downplaying it a little. Bears seem to have more trouble, by far, than any other tank when it comes to AoE.

Really though, anything will work outside of really hardcore progression so play what feels good.
    When is it really a problem though? All it does is piss of the other tank who always gets aggro haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Wanko, you know as well as I do that the large majority of paladins run Holy Shield which skews the the damage rankings for the whole class.

I'd like to see the same statistics only counting paladins running Seraphim and then see where we end up..
    Since I only looked at the top 5% of Mythic kills, and top 1% of HC kills. I do doubt HS affects them at all. But feel free to check the top DPS of each spec too, the result is almost the same. If you check the current top 10 at tanks for each boss, there is only 1 paladin in them. At Beastlord, as #4. Unsurprisingly most (80%+) of the top parses are from DKs.

I do understand that you want paladins to look better. But what you claimed is simply not true. The time when we where The DPS-tank is over.

I have found Blood DK to be very flavorful and rewarding. Very cool concept. Or reroll a Monk tank if you're really into tanking